Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

13 minutes ago, HeartMillsy29 said:

Warren Joyce apparently

54710810-vector-illustration-of-a-meter-

"Results and performances have simply not been up to standard often enough in recent matches.

"Although we acknowledge the difficulties faced in managing a team in a league where we are competing against clubs with much larger budgets, the nature of some of our recent defeats, especially against close rivals, has fallen short in terms of what we as a club, and all our supporters, expect."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39255049

so that makes it seem legitimate then

kind of depressing that we are only getting linked with english football rejects

Edited by nah brah

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Is he any good? Does anyone know about him? 

He got sacked from a poor championship team. Not very inspiring. 

24games 6w 5d 13l 25% win 

@Dylan straight into bullshit watch.

Edited by Jovan

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

He got sacked from a poor championship team. Not very inspiring. 

24games 6w 5d 13l 25% win 

What about his record as manager of Manchester United Reserves, 2 years as Co-Manager and 6 years as manager? Must have been half decent to have been there for 8 years.

2 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

What about his record as manager of Manchester United Reserves, 2 years as Co-Manager and 6 years as manager? Must have been half decent to have been there for 8 years.

Half decent? Oh in that case Mr 50% is a slight improvement on Mr 33%

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Yeah it was. 140g 77w 38d 25l.

I'm a little bit wary of reserve team or youth team results. Especially when you are looking at Man U side that was 1 or 2 most seasons. 

Does anyone really think CFG will appoint an ex Manchester United reserves coach.

I would rather Damian Mori, 6 years now NPL winner.

Not convinced this guy is any better.

If it's not some big appointment, I would rather a local proven winner than an overseas coach for the sake of it.

Edited by moops
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, moops said:

I would rather Damian Mori, 6 years now NPL winner.

Not convinced this guy is any better.

If it's not some big appointment, I would rather a local proven winner than an overseas coach for the sake of it.

i would love to see mori given a run.  we need more australian coaches in AL jobs.

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

Fuck me, this doesnt look good.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/latics/joyce-tipped-for-down-under-switch-1-8601093

The only thing we can hope for is that he is here to work with the youth team with PK 

First one eyed manager in the aleague

The article states what I think CFG think about us, a development team. Sending this bloke down to us who has shown he cannot manage a senior team but has a good record of developing juniors says it all.

This is a bloody disaster. 

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Wow, people are harsh on here. No appointment announced yet, but people already implying that someone like Warren Joyce isn't good enough for us. He was good enough to be given a 3+ years contract at Wigan and inherited a squad put together by a previous manager and wasn't able to turn things around - by my reading that's his only failure.

Kenny Lowe - just as an example - had experience with glamour clubs Gateshead and Barrow before coming to Perth as an Assistant Coach, and isn't doing too bad with Perth so far. 

CFG aren't happy with the culture at Melbourne City, and they're looking for a coach who has the qualities to deal with that. IMO we should wait until an announcement comes and give whoever it is a fighting chance, rather than writing someone off based on what is so far a rumour.

Come now that's just a balanced and common sense view. No place for that here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Wow, people are harsh on here. No appointment announced yet, but people already implying that someone like Warren Joyce isn't good enough for us. He was good enough to be given a 3+ years contract at Wigan and inherited a squad put together by a previous manager and wasn't able to turn things around - by my reading that's his only failure.

Kenny Lowe - just as an example - had experience with glamour clubs Gateshead and Barrow before coming to Perth as an Assistant Coach, and isn't doing too bad with Perth so far. 

CFG aren't happy with the culture at Melbourne City, and they're looking for a coach who has the qualities to deal with that. IMO we should wait until an announcement comes and give whoever it is a fighting chance, rather than writing someone off based on what is so far a rumour.

Totally, totally agree. Besides for the shambles at Wigan (which was him doing the best he could with the crap team put out in front of him), he's had successful appointments at Hull (saving them from relegation), Antwerp and Man United Youth. To me, this looks like a very solid appointment if true.

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

From Wigan Chairman

"Results and performances have simply not been up to standard often enough in recent matches.

"Although we acknowledge the difficulties faced in managing a team in a league where we are competing against clubs with much larger budgets, the nature of some of our recent defeats, especially against close rivals, has fallen short in terms of what we as a club, and all our supporters, expect."

That's about as firm a firing as you will hear. normally all you get is thank you for your services. But no, it was that bad at Wigan that the chairman came out and dumped on him.

Edited by nah brah

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm harsh because after 7 seasons of mediocrity I've had enough. I want to see a commitment to excellence, not a failed coach of Wigan. I don't see that as anything but a miscalculaton or a serious gamble. It's their money, they can hire who they want but they won't get my money

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dylan said:

Fuck me, this doesnt look good.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/latics/joyce-tipped-for-down-under-switch-1-8601093

The only thing we can hope for is that he is here to work with the youth team with PK 

First one eyed manager in the aleague

Smoke screen. 

All your posts that hint at knowing what CFG are up to manager wise and "planning to move" hint to just one thing. @Dylan will be the new gaffer!

moving to the north east alright but its Bundoora isn't it? Not Albury.

come clean.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Spot on.

Joyce wouldn't be a particularly inspiring signing on face value but personally I'd be willing to give him a chance before throwing a tantrum

• Like 1