Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

58 minutes ago, R410 said:

Why not announce it same day as the game this week? Say around 10am the morning of?

Just as the red and white has been moved to obscurity so has the 10am Thursday announcement. 

On a serious note has anyone had a haircut lately or had some renovations done by an ethic builder who say remane unnamed?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Idk anymore. All these different dates and nothings happened. Just bullshit now. Is preseason starting soon. We would have thought we would have sorted out the management by now to prepare for preseason. Ill go back on the A-league thread and put more bullshit stuff about other clubs because nothings happening to city....yet

Mate, don't panic. We're not dealing with a two-bit club here, we're dealing with City Football Group who are going to dot all the "i's" and cross the "t's" before they announce anything or anyone. IIRC interviews took place in Manchester in the second half of May. It's now only the 7th of June. First a contract offer has to be accepted, and then all the finer points worked out. Accommodation in Melbourne, if married for a wife and probably children as well, education for any school-aged children, relevant visas, travel, insurances, health arrangements. etc. etc. No doubt affairs to be sorted in the guy's home country - letting the house, perhaps who's going to look after say a child with one year to go at a European university and doesn't want to move here. What do I bring, what do I leave/sell? And so on and so forth.

It's not just a matter of the guy packing an overnight bag and walking out of one life and into another. 

The same goes for players, especially any from overseas.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Mate, don't panic. We're not dealing with a two-bit club here, we're dealing with City Football Group who are going to dot all the "i's" and cross the "t's" before they announce anything or anyone. IIRC interviews took place in Manchester in the second half of May. It's now only the 7th of June. First a contract offer has to be accepted, and then all the finer points worked out. Accommodation in Melbourne, if married for a wife and probably children as well, education for any school-aged children, relevant visas, travel, insurances, health arrangements. etc. etc. No doubt affairs to be sorted in the guy's home country - letting the house, perhaps who's going to look after say a child with one year to go at a European university and doesn't want to move here. What do I bring, what do I leave/sell? And so on and so forth.

It's not just a matter of the guy packing an overnight bag and walking out of one life and into another. 

The same goes for players, especially any from overseas.

Not to mention that no announcement doesn't mean a choice hasn't already been made. CFG have proven to be excellent at keeping appointments and signings out of the press.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Embee said:

Not to mention that no announcement doesn't mean a choice hasn't already been made. CFG have proven to be excellent at keeping appointments and signings out of the press.

Yeah City doesn't seem to leak like other clubs. I reckon it might be announced first day of training. Some supporters need to relax I've even seen a few people complaining that the new kit hasn't been announced even though we got last seasons kit in like September.  

One the other hand if we don't rant and freak out about the manager, signings and the new kit WTF is there left to do for the next few months.

This has got to be the longest Off Season in any sport

Just noticed I am on post 97, and now 98. Sitting comfortably at the crease and looking for the right delivery to smack to the boundary for the tonne.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

One the other hand if we don't rant and freak out about the manager, signings and the new kit WTF is there left to do for the next few months.

Just noticed I am on post 97, and now 98. Sitting comfortably at the crease and looking for the right delivery to smack to the boundary for the tonne.

Very nice likes to post ratio.

Look i understand where you guys are coming from. But Wellington have signed 2 coaches, Newcastle signed the old Victory coach (who won victory 2 titles) and leaked with getting Petratos , Brisbane has signed Khalfallah and 1 other but i forget who, victory signed Rys Williams and sydney signed a perth defender but i forget who.

I would have thought, considering we are owned by CFG we would have already been looking for coaches while Valkanis was coaching us during the season.

1 hour ago, Cloughie said:

Don't waste your 100th. Use it for good. Come up with a new thread that will get us all through winter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Look i understand where you guys are coming from. But Wellington have signed 2 coaches, Newcastle signed the old Victory coach (who won victory 2 titles) and leaked with getting Petratos , Brisbane has signed Khalfallah and 1 other but i forget who, victory signed Rys Williams and sydney signed a perth defender but i forget who.

I would have thought, considering we are owned by CFG we would have already been looking for coaches while Valkanis was coaching us during the season.

Jesus Christ.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Calm down. Do you want all the momentum now when almost no-one from the general public or media has any interest in the A-League and most City members have put their City gear on the top shelf of the wardrobe, or do you want it in September/October when it really matters?

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Calm down. Do you want all the momentum now when almost no-one from the general public or media has any interest in the A-League and most City members have put their City gear on the top shelf of the wardrobe, or do you want it in September/October when it really matters?

I will always have my city top next to my bedside table ready to put on. U do have a very valid point. Look i know its only been the month but the name Valkanis pisses me off đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚

20 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

I will always have my city top next to my bedside table ready to put on. U do have a very valid point. Look i know its only been the month but the name Valkanis pisses me off đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚

I dont know about you lot but i reckon i wear some form of City gear every day of the week.

Sad i know :hkpalm:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

What sort? Full kit or just a hoodie or something?

Well i have my big puffy jacket i wear to and from work Monday to Friday with my city binnie.

On the weekend it can be whatever either kit shirt hoodie or hat. 

I have more City gear then i have normal clothes lol

1 hour ago, [LIBBA] said:

Well i have my big puffy jacket i wear to and from work Monday to Friday with my city binnie.

On the weekend it can be whatever either kit shirt hoodie or hat. 

I have more City gear then i have normal clothes lol

I'm loving the puffy jacket to and from work on these cold days. Provides a smug sense of warmth on train platforms.

Also finding myself really popular with parents when attending and watching random junior football matches with a clipboard and pen and nodding like a scout.

(There's just no chance I can come up with something meaningful for post 100: the pressure is crushing)

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I was on a building site today and I overheard one of the blokes say "it's going to be very interesting at 10am tomorrow" don't reckon he was talking about his plans for smoko.

Isn't that CenterLink payment day?....tumblr_static_yy.png

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Disappointing post.

It's the off season. You could have used those words for a rambling, expletive injected rant, but instead you post something reasoned. Suggest you give yourself a ban and come back when you feel more aggrieved.

Funny you should say that.

I was on a building site today and I overheard one of the blokes say "it's going to be very interesting at 10am tomorrow" don't reckon he was talking about his plans for smoko.

Was he planning a haircut?

14 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

I dont know about you lot but i reckon i wear some form of City gear every day of the week.

Sad i know :hkpalm:

Sad? Not really. I wear city gear almost everyday too. Wore my hoodie when my son was delivered the other week.

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 2

My theory of the next coach is o/s manager, lots of experience, can also be here to help Kisnorbo, Sorenson and Cahill with coaching etc. I also think we will probably see Cahill come of the bench for the vast majority of games to preserve him for the world cup. 

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

Sad? Not really. I wear city gear almost everyday too. Wore my hoodie when my son was delivered the other week.

You know what the funny thing is?

When my son was born and in our first photo together and then when my daughter was born, i was wearing a City hat.

I think every big moment in my life since the club existed, I'm either wearing something Heart/City or the club is involved in some way 

13 hours ago, Cloughie said:

I'm loving the puffy jacket to and from work on these cold days. Provides a smug sense of warmth on train platforms.

Also finding myself really popular with parents when attending and watching random junior football matches with a clipboard and pen and nodding like a scout.

(There's just no chance I can come up with something meaningful for post 100: the pressure is crushing)

The best part is that we got it for less than you would of  paid for this monstrosity.

.Untitled.jpg.842b72a067b0ebdc515e20c5d659424e.jpg

If that doesn't show you how insane this club can be, i don't know what does

18 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

You know what the funny thing is?

When my son was born and in our first photo together and then when my daughter was born, i was wearing a City hat.

I think every big moment in my life since the club existed, I'm either wearing something Heart/City or the club is involved in some way 

You're the dude that wore the City bucket hat every time l went for an appointment at the Mercy Hospital? 

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I think that we can come to the conclusion that because cfg are holding back on the announcement of the new coach, that they are actually thinking about pulling the pin and walking away from the a-league altogether. 

Or so I've heard. 

I've heard a lot of things but that has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I think that we can come to the conclusion that because cfg are holding back on the announcement of the new coach, that they are actually thinking about pulling the pin and walking away from the a-league altogether. 

Or so I've heard. 

Probably more chance of JVS coming back than CFG pulling the pin. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Or so I've heard. 

Whats it gonna be called then. Back to Melbourne Heart

54 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I've heard a lot of things but that has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard!

37 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Probably more chance of JVS coming back than CFG pulling the pin. 

11 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Whats it gonna be called then. Back to Melbourne Heart

My source had told me that city has had enough of the ffa stranglehold on the league and is going to walk away. 

The team will be renamed 'South East magic' (with South Melbourne being the main stakeholders in the club) and will play in a new rectangular stadium being built exclusively for nothing but soccer. 

I can't tell you the exact location of this stadium,  but I have on excellent information kerem bulut will be the clubs first marquee signing. 

When it all happens just remember where you heard it first. 

12 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

My source had told me that city has had enough of the ffa stranglehold on the league and is going to walk away. 

The team will be renamed 'South East magic' (with South Melbourne being the main stakeholders in the club) and will play in a new rectangular stadium being built exclusively for nothing but soccer. 

I can't tell you the exact location of this stadium,  but I have on excellent information kerem bulut will be the clubs first marquee signing. 

220px-SE_Melbourne_Magic.jpg

Would jump ship :wub:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Troll post of the week. Keep up the good work.