Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

52 minutes ago, marn11 said:

Spoke to a member of the coaching staff last night. Don't get your hopes up regarding Roy. 

I think we know enough about CFG to say that we can be almost 100% certain that the first thing we will know about our new coach is when he is actually announced.

I don't think I've seen a leak from inside CFG yet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Ante is still contracted to FFA for another year, FFA would want to be paid to release him. If the circumstances were different I'd be happy to have him but we need someone with proven head coaching ability and man management abilities

At the end of last season I might have accepted that he could do the job, but IMO this season has proved (once again) that our next manager has to have the experience and qualities that Bela mentions. We also need at least one assistant who can and will stay with the club long enough to actually learn something and hone his man-management skills. Our turnover in assistants has been appalling.

Would love nothing more than to hear the echoes of "Psycho Psycho" ringing around the ground if Pearce came to us. 

Also gets my vote for Manager most likely to walk over and snot Kevin one on the snout.

Had a dodgy spell at Forest though and wasn't up to it.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2017 at 9:37 PM, jw1739 said:

At the end of last season I might have accepted that he could do the job, but IMO this season has proved (once again) that our next manager has to have the experience and qualities that Bela mentions. We also need at least one assistant who can and will stay with the club long enough to actually learn something and hone his man-management skills. Our turnover in assistants has been appalling.

we need someone that can bring some discipline into the squad and manage some of the egos.  some of the on field shit from players has been gross.

experience. structure. discipline. all much needed desperately.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

U have got a fair point it belongs here. A very crucial decision that could change melbourne city to make it a champion worthy team. And maybe with the right coach it will be perhaps an asian champions league title one day. All these coaches have coached in europe (or been coached by Barcelona) and while some have been very successful in europe. They will all be better coaches than Valkanis, Aloisi and JVS.

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Speculation on behalf of SBS, at least someone actually put their name to this article unless the last SBS click bait article that we'd signed Jamie Maclaren. i can't see them recycling failed City coaches or hiring Man U legends. The thought of Alan Pardew hardly fills me with excitement either but the gist of the article, that we are the limp softcock team of the League is spot on

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Speculation on behalf of SBS, at least someone actually put their name to this article unless the last SBS click bait article that we'd signed Jamie Maclaren. i can't see them recycling failed City coaches or hiring Man U legends. The thought of Alan Pardew hardly fills me with excitement either but the gist of the article, that we are the limp softcock team of the League is spot on

But lets say that CFG are now starting to realise that we are a "softcock" team, does that necessarily lead to change? One can only hope.

39 minutes ago, IssySG said:

But lets say that CFG are now starting to realise that we are a "softcock" team, does that necessarily lead to change? One can only hope.

We all hoped that would have happened 3 seasons ago, the problem has been obvious since Heart Season 2

I want Roy Keane

Given Roy's propensity for growing a beard when things turn sour, I can't wait to see how big this beard becomes once he works out what kind of a screwed up club culture he's walked into.

12 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

I want Roy Keane

Given Roy's propensity for growing a beard when things turn sour, I can't wait to see how big this beard becomes once he works out what kind of a screwed up club culture he's walked into.

Hans_Langseth.jpg

• Like 1

Roy Keane is a thug. While certainly prefer English style coach, not sure I want a thug to be our manager. We have victards for that.

But, of course, considering the dire situation we are in, fuck it, I would take Kean if he can make a difference.

18 minutes ago, MXG said:

Roy Keane is a thug. While certainly prefer English style coach, not sure I want a thug to be our manager. We have victards for that.

But, of course, considering the dire situation we are in, fuck it, I would take Kean if he can make a difference.

Wouldn't you love to hear Roy eviscerate Muscat in his press conferences though? 

• Like 2

As a Forest fan for 35 years who saw Pearce many times in his prime, I'm potentially ecstatic.

He was pretty good manager with England Under 21s but got the Man City job far too early.  We might be perfect for him.

Plus he's a big Sex Pistols / Ramones / Clash fan. 

(Did You Know?: When Psycho (as all Forest fans know to call him, even to this day) was England captain, Johnny Lydon got him to introduce the Sex Pistols on to the stage at their first reformation gig in London.)

Edited by CityWildcat
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CityWildcat said:

As a Forest fan for 35 years who saw Pearce many times in his prime, I'm potentially ecstatic.

He was pretty good manager with England Under 21s but got the Man City job far too early.  We might be perfect for him.

Plus he's a big Sex Pistols / Ramones / Clash fan. 

(Did You Know?: When Psycho (as all Forest fans know to call him, even to this day) was England captain, Johnny Lydon got him to introduce the Sex Pistols on to the stage at their first reformation gig in London.)

There's a few of us Tricky Trees about the club!

I'd donate my left nut to the rissole factory to hear the old Psycho chant echo around AAMI park. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Roy Keane would eviscerate the soft underbelly of the club and devour the entrails in front of the playing group. The culture would be purged and a rebuild could begin.

Yes, he'd fix the culture but we also want someone who is a good coach