Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

10 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

According to one of my mates IK Start's coach Steiner Pedersen has just checked into a hotel in Melbourne...

He has only been coaching for 1 1/2 years, good pedigree, but not experienced enough you would think? Also 1 win in his last 5 matches.

I would prefer Milicic tbh.

Edited by moops
  • Like 1

Chan Yeun-ting

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jun/14/chan-yuen-ting-female-football-coach-hong-kong-eastern

In all seriousness, I don't really know who is available/suitable, it won't be Bielsa, to much of a loose cannon and as far as an Aussie, Milicic you would think deserves a go but is untried.

What's Piksi Stojkovic up to nowadays?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Arthur Papas?

He deserves a gig and has the credentials and experience, just untried at a higher level, would be an interesting one, I'd be willing to give him a go.

1 hour ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

i had heard it would be an internal (cfg) applicant next season so not sure how this changes things. 

Arteta then

High profile coaches out of contract (but probably to expensive), all over 45% win rate:

Bruno Labbadia

Marcelino

Thomas Schaaf - didn't like his football at Hannover 96 though, but the board sold the best players when he came in and we had an aging squad.

Juande Ramos - Has coached lower clubs recently (though has coached Real Madrid and last club being Malaga) 48.2% win rate, would be a dream coach and seems to not mind coaching at lower levels.

Dirk Schuster - played some good stuff and some defensive horrible stuff (but that was relative to the squad he had)

Frank de Boer - newish coach, pretty good record, 56% win rate

Edited by moops

2 minutes ago, Embee said:

Bloody oath.

His names John and he played football in Europe (1 league appearance for Arsenal I believe). Proper pedigree, get him in.

And brownie points for grabbing Muscat by the throat. Maybe that fund we had going to pay out JVS can go towards getting Kosmina in. 

• Like 1

I know that Milicic is a favourite with some, but I think I would prefer someone with a fresh pair of eyes and no previous connections with the club to see what he can do with what is undoubtedly a talented squad. We need someone with fresh ideas who is willing to get stuck in and shake the club out of what I see as a sterile thinking pattern. Someone used to demanding a quicker and more direct style of football. Germany maybe?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, raw10 said:

Don't shoot the messenger.... But personally I think he is not that good of a manager either..... although with AFC Champions League trophy, he may have a good argument 

http://outside90.com/sasa-ognenovski-melbourne-city-should-pursue-tony-popovic/

Popovic let Mooy come to us...hardly good judgement.

• Like 2

Don't shoot the messenger.... But personally I think he is not that good of a manager either..... although with AFC Champions League trophy, he may have a good argument 

The way I see it, is that if Popa can win the Champions League as well as reach those GFs with the spuds he's had, imagine him with a decent squad. Only concern would be the constant turnover of players he always has.

I think he is a good coach, very demanding and seems to bring professionalism, he seems to chop and change too much though, but maybe it is more financial constraints?