Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

1 hour ago, InMyHeart said:

He wont last and I can tell you exactly how he will go.
He's come here without the  license to bring his own people.
So if he tells the assistant managers to shut up because lets be honest, this blokes come from 10 years at Man UTD he probably looks at MV and JM and reckons they have no idea.
And then these Assistant managers would go have a sook to the players and thats how you get a fraction in the playing group and I can tell he's already lost the players.
This is diabolical and he wont last 6-8 weeks

I don't reckon Valkanis and co would, but the players would sense it.

7 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

He wont last and I can tell you exactly how he will go.
He's come here without the  license to bring his own people.
So if he tells the assistant managers to shut up because lets be honest, this blokes come from 10 years at Man UTD he probably looks at MV and JM and reckons they have no idea.
And then these Assistant managers would go have a sook to the players and thats how you get a fraction in the playing group and I can tell he's already lost the players.
This is diabolical and he wont last 6-8 weeks

:droy: this ain't the assistants fault. He was at Man United coaching kids, not managing, coaching. His senior record speaks for itself. He is garbage and its no surprise you have rumours coming out that the assistants and players are questioning him. I mean really, if you have Valkanis questioning you.... Yeah there are really no words. Magilton mk2

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

After last night's performance as the coach in his first proper competitive match I am seriously concerned. 

His only saving grace is that he actually changed things but I just can't understand why you would set up that way. 

Just looked at the first 7 rounds the only game I'm remotely confident is Wellington home. Maybe a couple draws but we probably will be sitting on 5 points at the end of round 7 and be in the bottom 3.

I can't see CFG doing a Crystal Palace so we can pretty much kiss another season goodbye regardless of what players come in. 

This is going to be worse than the Aliosi era.

42 minutes ago, bt50 said:

This forum has aids again. 

Hangon. And this is not some doom and gloom overreaction.

What if anything can you say that has improved from last season?

Yes I get there are circumstances.

1st loss in a proper match to A League team.

Playing arguably the best team ever in the A League at full strength 

Some key players injured. 

Still Marquee and Visa to come and possible injury replacement 

Still 3 and a bit weeks till season starts.

But Man I'm worried really worried. What was produced last night was diabolical we didn't even look like scoring and against a keeper that we all know isn't elite. Some serious concerns about the season ahead. 

And by no way is this not fixable but after last night my confidence has been smashed. 

After Wazza was appointed I said he will have my support until he doesn't deserve it and after his work last night it's taken a huge dent.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Hangon. And this is not some doom and gloom overreaction.

What if anything can you say that has improved from last season?

Yes I get there are circumstances.

1st loss in a proper match to A League team.

Playing arguably the best team ever in the A League at full strength 

Some key players injured. 

Still Marquee and Visa to come and possible injury replacement 

Still 3 and a bit weeks till season starts.

But Man I'm worried really worried. What was produced last night was diabolical we didn't even look like scoring and against a keeper that we all know isn't elite. Some serious concerns about the season ahead. 

And by no way is this not fixable but after last night my confidence has been smashed. 

After Wazza was appointed I said he will have my support until he doesn't deserve it and after his work last night it's taken a huge dent.

Agree with just about all of the above, other than the overreaction part. Calling for peoples heads, suggesting the season is cooked, Magilton comments etc are way over the top based on one game. Agreed, last night we looked shite, theres no mistaking it and despite all of the above excuses it doesnt mask any of the concerns we have.
In saying that, and this is prob more where the criticism should be directed, we clearly tried to line up and play a defensive, counter attack style that didnt work against a well drilled side. We were ALWAYS going to look average last night going forward  with that line-up imo, but with the caveat that we may have been able to frustrate Sydney and forced the game to pens or nick a 1-0.

Unfortunately we were unpicked early by a bullshit foul and an excellent finish, which pretty much fucked us until we were able to make changes. That can 100% be attributed to our choice of tactics at the start, and fair enough criticise Wazza accordingly. IMO he'd have known the risk he was taking by employing that tactic, and unfortunately for him it was a gamble that a) clearly didnt pay off and b ) wasnt really given the opportunity to given they scored so early in dubious circumstances.

On the positive side, i thought we looked pretty good defensively tbh. Aside from no-one tracking the Adrian run mid first half we were able to limit their chances pretty much to the two shots they scored from; a dodgy foul and a world class finish.

My confidence has taken a hit too, but I'm not about to write the season off after one mishap.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Hear everything you say, and I'm not questioning you at all. But I think we have to ask, rhetorically, why does this club seem to repeat itself season after season? With all the CFG resources (and I don't mean money, because we're on a budget), why are Sydney the best team ever? Why are they at full strength, when we have key players injured? If it's true that we still have players to come, why are we so late to complete our squad? Why do we repeatedly recruit shit players from Adelaide? 

I don't fucken care about tee-shirt competitions, who eats what at Biggiesmalls, Daniel Arzani's prowess at a computer game, or Munn at a Women's Conference in Singapore. That's all peripheral bullshit as far as I am concerned. I want to see our A-League team competing for top honours, not just with Wellington for the wooden spoon.

FFS fix it once and for all.

Rant over.

Agree 200%

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

This forum has aids again. 

I feel its a case of balancing two circumstances in this situation. @bt50 i get exactly where you're coming from. On the one hand I still hold on to the fact that Wazza hasn't even begun the season proper yet. We don't even know whether what we're looking at with the team is the completed package given the stage, or lack thereof, of the season. So he very well deserves an opportunity to prove himself. However, on the other hand there is hope right now that the evidence so far (performances against CCM, Newcastle, Adelaide & now Sydney in the cup) isn't a reflection of what's to come during the season. Given the results and the type of performances we've produced (and I feel I'm warranted to say as I've seen nearly all those games first hand) there is little evidence to show we are going to be competitive for the top come the season. I think people have the right in this circumstance to begin to ask questions of Wazzas management (although a lot of comments are not well thought out and over the top) because there is now doubt at this point in time . 

Edited by n i k o

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Hear everything you say, and I'm not questioning you at all. But I think we have to ask, rhetorically, why does this club seem to repeat itself season after season? With all the CFG resources (and I don't mean money, because we're on a budget), why are Sydney the best team ever? Why are they at full strength, when we have key players injured? If it's true that we still have players to come, why are we so late to complete our squad? Why do we repeatedly recruit shit players from Adelaide? 

I don't fucken care about tee-shirt competitions, who eats what at Biggiesmalls, Daniel Arzani's prowess at a computer game, or Munn at a Women's Conference in Singapore. That's all peripheral bullshit as far as I am concerned. I want to see our A-League team competing for top honours, not just with Wellington for the wooden spoon.

Rant over.

I think you're taking a far too holistic view point on the on field issues at the club. In no way do i expect someone in lets say the social media department to get involved in on field issues. Nor do I expect the club to sack that person in place of more focus on the on field issues as the two are separate in their roles. I also don't see how you can form the opinion that the club doesn't focus 100% on the on field issues as a result of the separate departments they have within the club. The club employs people within each department to do their job 100%. Within the football department we have coaches, managers, recruiters etc. that are paid to address the on field with 100% of their efforts and resources. So I fail to see how someone in a separate department who is also focusing on their jobs 100% would impact each other or have any bearing on the efforts as a whole as a club.   

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 4

Just now, n i k o said:

I think you're taking a far too holistic view point on the on field issues at the club. In no way do i expect someone in lets say the social media department to get involved in on field issues. Nor do I expect the club to sack that person in place of more focus on the on field issues as the two are separate in their roles. I also don't see how you can form the opinion that the club doesn't focus 100% on the on field issues as a result of the separate departments they have within the club. The club employs people within each department to do their job 100%. Within the football department we have coaches, managers, recruiters etc. that are paid to address the on field with 100% of their efforts and resources. So I fail to see how someone in a separate department who is also focusing on their jobs 100% would impact each other or have any bearing on the efforts as a whole as a club.   

It was a rant.

Just now, jw1739 said:

It was a rant.

I get it. And I wasn't having a go but merely trying to calm the potential negative shitstorm that's brewing on this forum right now. You have a rant, the next person rants, the next does and so and so forth and we create this toxic shitty environment on here. Weve seen what its like here when that happens and as a mod I'd like to think you're aware of that. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Rant over.

We are just an advertisement for CFG. Also we still havnt cut the head off yet ie Munn and Co.... Add in Petrillo too

It's only the first game in the middle of pre-season, but it's hard to remember a worse game than that in performance.

I won't write him off, even Kewell has turned his fortunes around from three straight losses.

It's just that the manner of the loss doesn't exactly breed confidence for the season ahead.

37 minutes ago, moops said:

It's only the first game in the middle of pre-season, but it's hard to remember a worse game than that in performance.

I think you have memory issues, go and get checked out or maybe look at most games played after Christmas last season when we had 60% possession and get our arses handed to us week after week by long ball counter attacks by shit sides. Geez

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

I get it. And I wasn't having a go but merely trying to calm the potential negative shitstorm that's brewing on this forum right now. You have a rant, the next person rants, the next does and so and so forth and we create this toxic shitty environment on here. Weve seen what its like here when that happens and as a mod I'd like to think you're aware of that. 

The comments on here are pretty mild when you have a look at those on the club's Facebook page. It'll be the same throughout the season - a poor performance/result will produce a shitstorm on here, a win and all will be forgiven and we will be saying we're going on to win the league.

It's the natural state of things.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The comments on here are pretty mild when you have a look at those on the club's Facebook page. It'll be the same throughout the season - a poor performance/result will produce a shitstorm on here, a win and all will be forgiven and we will be saying we're going on to win the league.

I don't think I've seen somebody on here say we're going to win the league for at least 12 months haha

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yeah, and if people think that any coach can come in a fix the train wreck of 5+ years of JVS in 4 months then they are living in a fantasy land. It just doesn't work that way.

39 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Just to separate two things, firstly I agree with all those sentiments. Poor performance = negative Good perfomance = positive. We know it's a predictable response. 

Secondly though is your original comment. I've seen this arguement about the clubs focus on off field aspects interfering/affecting/impacting our on field problems enough times for me to write something about how the two don't go hand in hand. 

21 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Yeah, and if people think that any coach can come in a fix the train wreck of 5+ years of JVS in 4 months then they are living in a fantasy land. It just doesn't work that way.

There have been hundreds  (and that is not an exaggeration) of coaches coming in and changing and fixing trainwrecks. So it's pretty clear who is in fantasy land.

It all comes back to Wazza good or bad. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jovan said:

There have been hundreds  (and that is not an exaggeration) of coaches coming in and changing and fixing trainwrecks. So it's pretty clear who is in fantasy land.

It all comes back to Wazza good or bad. 

Name one and in what time frame. 

You can search all you want and you won't find one in the above mentioned time frame ever.

As I mentioned months ago, it will take at least half a season to get this squad and those to come to be at a solid level. So either we do an Adelaide type come back or wait until the next season.

That's the reality, if you expect otherwise then watch Harry Potter where you can hire a coach with a magic wand.

36 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Name one and in what time frame. 

You can search all you want and you won't find one in the above mentioned time frame ever.

As I mentioned months ago, it will take at least half a season to get this squad and those to come to be at a solid level. So either we do an Adelaide type come back or wait until the next season.

That's the reality, if you expect otherwise then watch Harry Potter where you can hire a coach with a magic wand.

You go on continuously about Ranieri. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

Ha ha. The master tactician. What a manager.

Not really. 

But he took over july 2015 and won the 2015/16.

My point is Wazza has had 3 months to change things. I'm not suggesting we do a Palace but he has no excuses.

No excuses and it all comes back to him.

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Not really. 

But he took over july 2015 and won the 2015/16.

My point is Wazza has had 3 months to change things. I'm not suggesting we do a Palace but he has no excuses.

No excuses and it all comes back to him.

Even the master Ranieri would have struggled without Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighten and Drinkwater if facing Arsenal.

My point is that calling for Wazza's head without even starting the season and in a game that 4 of our best players were not available is ridiculous.

10 hours ago, Jovan said:

After last night's performance as the coach in his first proper competitive match I am seriously concerned. 

His only saving grace is that he actually changed things but I just can't understand why you would set up that way. 

This is a pretty fair assessment of things. I wasn't whinging about the side or formation pre-game, that's the coach's  prerogative. I assume he's watching the boys train everyday, knows who's right and who's red hot, has his system and knows who can deliver it.

the thing is though that team needs to perform and that was down there with the worst performances by this club, ever. Frankly I can't remember a worse one.

He changed things at half time and we were better, but on the back of our pre season form our season is looking at the cross roads already. I'm seriously worried right now.

PS don't mention Brandans injury as an excuse. We've had 6 months to get an injury replacement for the bloke, that's not bad luck, it's poor management.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bellos23 said:

The only thing going for him is his youth side of things as he knows talent when he sees it. We can only hope he plays quality up and coming youth, that are hungry to replace the older players that are turning up for a pay check! 

Im not impressed so far but it is very early too

then get "Sold" to Manchester.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Even the master Ranieri would have struggled without Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighten and Drinkwater if facing Arsenal.

My point is that calling for Wazza's head without even starting the season and in a game that 4 of our best players were not available is ridiculous.

No actually your point was that no coach ever has transformed a side over a pre season. Which is just wrong.

Secondly I don't think any reasonable poster has called for Wazza to be replaced. 

My personal opinion is that after last night I'm worried. Seriously worried that CFG have got this appointment completely wrong. Now I'm going to stand by Wazza and support the bloke until he no longer deserves it and nothing before round 6 or 7. 

• Like 2