Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

On 25/06/2017 at 9:56 PM, Hellenic Hero said:

According to my mate, Wazza was seen eating at France-Soir in Toorak.

I'd like to know about this mate of yours. If he was correct Steiner Pederson would be our coach. Stop making fake claims so you can be liked 

41 minutes ago, n i k o said:

People like his comments? 

Δεν θα μπορη να καταλάβει τούτο γιατί δεν νομίζω ξερή Ελληνικά. Ευχάριστο Νίκο για όλα και που είσαι καλός σε εμένα. 

51 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Δεν θα μπορη να καταλάβει τούτο γιατί δεν νομίζω ξερή Ελληνικά. Ευχάριστο Νίκο για όλα και που είσαι καλός σε εμένα. 

Your accentuation and grammar is a touch scratchy, but otherwise thanks for giving me something else to look at than the damn Voice. 

• 2 weeks later...

39 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Did you go to the FFA Cup even last night? He was chatting with fans all night and didn't hold back either which was good. Ticking all the boxes so far. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

That's concerning. For the head coach to label a player like that in a public forum is fucking stupid

Nah, was an ex-player who wasn't even here last season. Clearly was based off what he saw of him during games

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

That's concerning. For the head coach to label a player like that in a public forum is fucking stupid

Wouldn't you prefer to occasionally hear that than the continual glossing-over that used to prevail? I know I would. IMO we're much more likely to win something if our gaffer tells it like it is rather than being preoccupied with "image."

Wazza has been hired to put some grit and determination into our club. That's what he's doing.

2 hours ago, Embee said:

Nah, was an ex-player who wasn't even here last season. Clearly was based off what he saw of him during games

ahh right, some how got into my head he was saying that about a current players performance against Oakleigh. 

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

ahh right, some how got into my head he was saying that about a current players performance against Oakleigh. 

Yeah nothing like he that.

He spoke pretty candidly about our defensive performances last season too, sloppy turnovers and poor defense on the counter etc, specifically referenced the goals in the Perth game. 

41 minutes ago, Embee said:

He spoke pretty candidly about our defensive performances last season too, sloppy turnovers and poor defense on the counter etc, specifically referenced the goals in the Perth game. 

All will be revealed after our first loss/poor performance. 

55 minutes ago, Embee said:

I reckon that Perth game will turn out to be a real blessing in disguise and the definite turning point for our club.

1 hour ago, rass said:

I reckon that Perth game will turn out to be a real blessing in disguise and the definite turning point for our club.

That's what I thought at the time.

All the big shots were watching and we turned in one of those crap performances that had us fans screaming for serious change. Finally these guys got to see first hand what is going on.

Result- action.

like @jw1739 I'm also heartened that our new coach seems happy to call it like it is. I get that the public and private messages can be quite different, but City's refusal in the past to admit to any problems at all seemed very unhealthy.

Can't fix something you won't admit exists.

• Like 2

Was at the game and the event during the week and can vouch for what others are saying re his hard line approach. Very vocal on the sideline and based on the match, the likes of Brattan and Bruno have been working very hard, and one interesting observation that was noted was that every time a player slipped through the opposition defence for a one on one with the keeper; Wazza would urge the player to 'not look back' and move forward, which is a really good sign that the players are being urged to take their chances and not hold back. 

The 'no fancy stuff' was nice to hear too, and not wasting possession also seemed to be a large emphasise of the forward play as well.

Early days, but the game was enjoyable to watch.

Edited by RedAndWhitePride
  • Like 4