Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

11 hours ago, bellydrum said:

John Roberts, a forward from the now closed FFA Centre of Excellence. I think someone previously mentioned a rumour he was coming here in the transfer thread.

The signing of Roberts was an unconfirmed rumour back on 11th May. Mentioned on Page 201 of the "Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation" thread.

I'm not aware of any announcement from City.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The signing of Roberts was an unconfirmed rumour back on 11th May. Mentioned on Page 201 of the "Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation" thread.

I'm not aware of any announcement from City.

Maybe he is just on trial? Just like many before him during pre-season.

I also wonder if Brattan is just training with us until a new club is found.

13 hours ago, jeffplz said:

1. Brattan's back

2. I like the new training kit colours, inspired by S16

3. Wazza seems like a nice strong presence already

YES! The new training kits and tracksuit jackets looks quality!

As for Brattan, hopefully Wazza gets him playing the whole season the way he started out last season.

45 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Just rang and cancelled our season tickets. Sad day for me really but I'm going to need to be convinced before I come back. I hope that I'm convinced

Bela, please come back... (was that convincing enough?)

FWIW when JVS was first signed, I thought he'd be a winner, but over time it became clear that this wasn't going to happen, and then he left on OK terms.

When we signed JA, I had a feeling of dread and deep down feared that it would be an unmitigated disaster which would set us back years ... 

When we re-signed JVS, I just knew that it would be bad, real bad ... 

When Valkanis was appointed as caretaker coach it was apparent that the end of the season was doomed.

With Joyce's appointment, I don't have a feeling of impending dread and my gut is telling me that it just may turn around.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Bela, please come back... (was that convincing enough?)

FWIW when JVS was first signed, I thought he'd be a winner, but over time it became clear that this wasn't going to happen, and then he left on OK terms.

When we signed JA, I had a feeling of dread and deep down feared that it would be an unmitigated disaster which would set us back years ... 

When we re-signed JVS, I just knew that it would be bad, real bad ... 

When Valkanis was appointed as caretaker coach it was apparent that the end of the season was doomed.

With Joyce's appointment, I don't have a feeling of impending dread and my gut is telling me that it just may turn around.

IMO tactics don't mean shit in the A-League, the players aren't good enough to execute them. I believe a good A-League team needs 3 things; Squad Depth, Fitness and Attitude/Intent (Rather then collapsing in the last 10 minutes),  Wazza should be able to achieve these with the resources and squad he has.

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Just rang and cancelled our season tickets. Sad day for me really but I'm going to need to be convinced before I come back. I hope that I'm convinced

Well I won't try and talk you out of it. However I do hope that you keep contributing to the forum and that convincing won't take too long maybe the first 10 rounds.

I don't know enough about football or Wazza to make any meaningful contribution but at least a change of direction seems to be in the offering. And remain optimistic that it will be apparent early enough to indicate so.

Oh, come on Bela, man up laddie, man up. You're a boring old fart on here, but we need you. You can't bale out now. What are you going to do when we sweep all before us and coast into the ACL? You'll wish you had been a part of it all along. It's a life sentence, man, a life sentence. Get yourself a couple of City Blue seats high up under cover at the Southern End and be done with it. You know you really want to...

• Like 2

So you're unhappy with the new manager so you just cancel your membership? If you love the club enough you should stick by it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I totally understand where you are coming from regarding the distance and can see this might be the straw that broke the camels back. I'm really interested to know what type of appointment would have changed your mind (outside Bielsa which is an absolute pipe dream as suggested above our players would never live up to his demands). 

2 hours ago, wombegongal said:

I totally understand where you are coming from regarding the distance and can see this might be the straw that broke the camels back. I'm really interested to know what type of appointment would have changed your mind (outside Bielsa which is an absolute pipe dream as suggested above our players would never live up to his demands). 

I know Bielsa  would last half a training session and then walk out because of the low skill levels of the players but I'd want to see Wazza appointed as the development coach and someone who had demonstrated success as a senior coach outside a major league who was keen to test himself in the ACL

2 hours ago, HeartLand said:

So you're unhappy with the new manager so you just cancel your membership? If you love the club enough you should stick by it. 

Yep

I'm not unhappy with the manager as a person, I don't know him.  I'm unhappy with the lack of ambition shown by CFG. I'll still support the team, I'll watch the games on TV, I'll even attend a few games if its convenient but I won't organise another summer around it

What someone wants to do is their business. If you don't wanna sign up then don't. But my opinion on it though is if it comes to anything with the team or manager and you don't sign up then it's a piss poor reason.

If however it comes to intrinsic reasons you lose interest such as in the football itself or connection with the club then that's a completely seperate issue. 

• Like 5

Yep

I'm not unhappy with the manager as a person, I don't know him.  I'm unhappy with the lack of ambition shown by CFG. I'll still support the team, I'll watch the games on TV, I'll even attend a few games if its convenient but I won't organise another summer around it

Glad to hear you're still following, albeit from your couch. Distance can be hard. I hope we see you back soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

What someone wants to do is their business. If you don't wanna sign up then don't. But my opinion on it though is if it comes to anything with the team or manager and you don't sign up then it's a piss poor reason.

If however it comes to intrinsic reasons you lose interest such as in the football itself or connection with the club then that's a completely seperate issue. 

Gotta support the team

3 hours ago, haz said:

Did anyone attend the meeting with Wazza at Aami Park today, or did the Club only select supporters who wrote nice things on the Fan surveys? attendanyon

It was the usual FRG group that torn was on until recently. 

6 hours ago, haz said:

Did anyone attend the meeting with Wazza at Aami Park today, or did the Club only select supporters who wrote nice things on the Fan surveys?

The only meetings members of this forum get invited to is depressions anonymous. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, haz said:

Did anyone attend the meeting with Wazza at Aami Park today, or did the Club only select supporters who wrote nice things on the Fan surveys?

@Embee got invited but couldn't go. I didn't get an invite but I also went to the player of the year awards 24 hours deep into a sesh so I kinda get why.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

@Embee got invited but couldn't go. I didn't get an invite but I also went to the player of the year awards 24 hours deep into a sesh so I kinda get why.

You didn't go around with megaphone making small talk did you?

• Like 2

‘WE WERE EXPECTING SOMEONE GLAMOROUS’ – NEW MELBOURNE CITY COACH WARREN JOYCE RECEIVES EXCRUCIATINGLY COLD RECEPTION FROM LOCAL PRESS (VIDEO)

Chris Wright 

19th, June 2017

warren-joyce-melbourne1

Melbourne City have a new manager, and that man is Warren Joyce – and it would appear that Melbourne City fans aren’t overly excited.

Indeed, the former Wigan boss received a rather surly ‘welcome’ from local journalists after being unveiled by City on Monday morning.

Come the very first question in his very first press conference, the 52-year-old was confronted with this ice cold passive-aggressive barb:

Warren, a lot of people were expecting a big name, glamorous, well known manager – and you arrived…

In fairness, Joyce dealt with the frosty reception rather well, just about laughing it off as the tears welled in his ducts…

And so, it would appear a man who formerly co-managed Manchester United’s reserve team and then mustered six wins from 24 games in Wigan’s relegation from the Championship isn’t up to snuff for the hoity-toity Melbourne media.

Blimey O’Riley. Who did they think they’d be interviewing? Alan Curbishley?

Posted in Managers, Videos

And so, it would appear a man who formerly co-managed Manchester United’s reserve team and then mustered six wins from 24 games in Wigan’s relegation from the Championship isn’t up to snuff for the hoity-toity Melbourne media.

so they are supposed to be happy about him with this record?

18 minutes ago, IssySG said:

Wazza was down at the NPL game today. Said hey to the few City fans that were out. Watched the whole game from the fence.

Well that's a bloody good start.

I know it's just being professional but I've had a suspicion that the "little things" didn't always happen in the past.

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Well that's a bloody good start.

I know it's just being professional but I've had a suspicion that the "little things" didn't always happen in the past.

Being at the npl game, saying hello to fans...or watching the game from the fence? Cause JVS did the first two. 

• Like 2