Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

yeah its wazza also, you cunts in the FRG no mention of this?

'After his first training session, Joyce will meet with members of the ‘Fan Representative Group’ at AAMI Park to get a taste of football in Australia from the viewpoint of fans aged from 7 years old to 70 years old'

ban the lot of you

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dylan said:

yeah its wazza also, you cunts in the FRG no mention of this?

'After his first training session, Joyce will meet with members of the ‘Fan Representative Group’ at AAMI Park to get a taste of football in Australia from the viewpoint of fans aged from 7 years old to 70 years old'

ban the lot of you

When I was advised of the meeting, which unfortunately I'm not able to attend, it wasn't actually specified who you'd be meeting (although you could connect the dots really) and the identity of Wazza himself was never even hinted at.

Not happy. He's come to leave his mark on youth development. Important, yes. At this stage though winning Premierships and Championships is most important, of course they aren't mutually exclusive but I wonder if it reflects a change of focus for CFG that now see the A-League as a development League since Mooy's success and that success in the League is now a lesser priority.

I'll still come to some games but I won't waste my money on a season ticket again until success has been demonstrated.

I expect a top 6 finish next season but nothing better

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

It's weird. Coaching the Man United youth team would've meant that he was giving players attacking freedom to get them playing the United way. But reports of fans from his time at Wigan claim that he was playing defensive, uninspiring football...

4 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

It's weird. Coaching the Man United youth team would've meant that he was giving players attacking freedom to get them playing the United way. But reports of fans from his time at Wigan claim that he was playing defensive, uninspiring football...

I guess it depends on the cattle you have. Really the same could be said of Aloisi here and at the roar. Totally different coach.

ps I still detest the prick

1 minute ago, Melburnian said:

If he's the best candidate, I'd hate to see what the other candidates were like...

probably members of this forum. Yikes!

Strider would have been a great coach. Or that guy who posts 'where ganna win the league' every other week.

Glad the appointment has been announced - time to get on with things - signing new players, etc

Fingers crossed, and hope people give Joyce time to see what mark he can make before the knives come out - of which I'm glad it's a two year deal; gives Joyce a level of certainty around having time to build his squad / locks him in if the first season is good, gives the club limited exposure financially if things go south.

1 hour ago, HughJass said:

looks like same assistant coaches ffs

Joyce was only just announced this morning ffs - what do you expect?

36 minutes ago, Melburnian said:

If he's the best candidate, I'd hate to see what the other candidates were like...

probably members of this forum. Yikes!

9 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Can't say this has made me hyped for next season but at least it's not jvs again. 

As Bela said. He has my support until he doesn't deserve it. 

People can speculate all they want on who else was interested, we have Joyce now and that's that. Plus, we do have to trust the CFG group knew exactly what would be a best fit - time will tell

Deserves our support as Melburnian others have said

Edited by mattyh001