Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

That's a vicious lie. You sir are a propagator of untruths. You should be ashamed of yourself. .

It was Kingsbury Maccas.

The irony of that mistake was I actually worked at Kingsbury McDonalds for a couple of years back in the day

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

The irony of that mistake was I actually worked at Kingsbury McDonalds for a couple of years back in the day

The only reason I know it's Kingsbury back when I was a teenager that was the end of the tram line. Which was the start of many late night walks home.

Have it on good authority that coach will be announced in the next few days. There will be a number of player announcements following. The first coaching option they had lined up fell through. Hopefully this is the start of the information bout the new squad for 17/18. We have the FFA cup to defend so the sooner they get to training and get rid of the wasted playing spots the better. 

11 minutes ago, citymad said:

Have it on good authority that coach will be announced in the next few days. There will be a number of player announcements following. The first coaching option they had lined up fell through. Hopefully this is the start of the information bout the new squad for 17/18. We have the FFA cup to defend so the sooner they get to training and get rid of the wasted playing spots the better. 

This is the equivalent of "I have it on good authority that we will be playing next season"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, citymad said:

Do you know who the first coaching option was?

8 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Do we have 11 players and a bench worth of players?

Pierias, Azani, Genreaou can come in, that's why I liked this club, the promise of youth development.

If Ajax can get champions league football with the average age of 22, with our resources, that's what we should be aiming for.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, citymad said:

Maybe I'm cynical (yes, I am) but I'd believe the above it is wasn't for the highlighted sentence. I somehow doubt that with CFG things such as appointments just "fall through." IIRC Munn and Petrillo were in Manchester in the middle of May - probably a month ago now - to talk about the manager and players for next season and to conduct manager interviews. The only way I can see the first choice for manager not going ahead is if that choice obtained a similar job in a better league, because I don't think CFG would be outbid in any other respect if they really wanted someone. 

That said, IMO we do have to announce something in the next 14 days or so.

11 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

Just a heads up, FFA cup Round of 32 starts in 2 weeks and 2 days...we can sure defend the cup without a manager (:

AFAIK the round of 32 matches are 25th July-9th August. It's the draw that is on 29th June. Plenty of time.

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Maybe I'm cynical (yes, I am) but I'd believe the above it is wasn't for the highlighted sentence. I somehow doubt that with CFG things such as appointments just "fall through." IIRC Munn and Petrillo were in Manchester in the middle of May - probably a month ago now - to talk about the manager and players for next season and to conduct manager interviews. The only way I can see the first choice for manager not going ahead is if that choice obtained a similar job in a better league, because I don't think CFG would be outbid in any other respect if they really wanted someone. 

That said, IMO we do have to announce something in the next 14 days or so.

AFAIK the round of 32 matches are 25th July-9th August. It's the draw that is on 29th June. Plenty of time.

And they definitely will.

For what it's worth, I'm extremely confident the choice has already been made but that for whatever reason they're not making it public yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Embee said:

And they definitely will.

For what it's worth, I'm extremely confident the choice has already been made but that for whatever reason they're not making it public yet.

The thing that is frustrating is why they are not talking publicly yet. We would have thought to here something by now, even rumours. I do agree that they have signed someone and probably sorting out shit in Bundoora atm

3 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

The thing that is frustrating is why they are not talking publicly yet. We would have thought to here something by now, even rumours. I do agree that they have signed someone and probably sorting out shit in Bundoora atm

Tbh I much prefer the CFG way of utter silence until something is announced to the Heart way of Scott Munn saying we were going to sign David Beckham and Grant Holt and then it never happening.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Tbh I much prefer the CFG way of utter silence until something is announced to the Heart way of Scott Munn saying we were going to sign David Beckham and Grant Holt and then it never happening.

Ha!

Thanks for the memories - that's yet another classic cockup from the good ol days.

On 2017-6-13 at 6:53 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

If we want specifics - Monday 19 June 2017 at princely 1500 hours 

Yep definitely this. PK told a mate of mine that new coach will be announced Monday. PK also going to England this weekend so might be going to bring coach back or something like that. Hopefully top quality coach. Whoever it is they will be under strict instructions to make the final at a minimum. 

3 hours ago, citymad said:

Yep definitely this. PK told a mate of mine that new coach will be announced Monday. PK also going to England this weekend so might be going to bring coach back or something like that. Hopefully top quality coach. Whoever it is they will be under strict instructions to make the final at a minimum. 

I thought someone was pulling my leg when they said the new coach would be announced Monday, maybe not.

I don't know why the club is waiting so long to announce the Pom.

1 hour ago, strider said:

Inb4 its PK thats why he's gone Englad

At least he'd put a fire under everyone's ass... I do eventually want him as coach, just needs some experience first... 2-3 years as assistant alongside a top coach and he'll be perfect.

20 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

I miss munn constantly saying stupid shit on Twitter

• Like 1