Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

42 minutes ago, Jovan said:

In all seriousness he will see out the year. 

I anticipate a couple more bad losses, those players on the outer to be shipped out in January,  a couple decent players come in. We steadily improve results wise but continue to play a horrible style get to semi finals and lose.

Come seasons end Waxza quits due to some weird reason and we get in another washed up pretender. A 3rd Melbourne team enters does everything right, mirrors the Wandrerers entry and we become the under performing hipster team that everybody hates for no particular or valid reason.

Do we have another season with Wazza?

1 hour ago, AntiScum said:

Wont be goneski as City wont back down. If they are willing to back him over Bruno says it all really. Bruno gone and were stuck with good ol wazza

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

In all seriousness he will see out the year. 

I anticipate a couple more bad losses, those players on the outer to be shipped out in January,  a couple decent players come in. We steadily improve results wise but continue to play a horrible style get to semi finals and lose.

Come seasons end Waxza quits due to some weird reason and we get in another washed up pretender. A 3rd Melbourne team enters does everything right, mirrors the Wandrerers entry and we become the under performing hipster team that everybody hates for no particular or valid reason.

I know what you are both saying. But my guess would be if we lose the next two games, he might have to go back to England for family reasons. Especially if its as bad as is being described behind the scenes.

I fear we'll not be rid until season's end. But I also fear that by then the club and its support will be irreparably damaged, as we fall apart and fail just as a vigorous third Melbourne franchise emerges. I said this after the woeful performance against the Mariners, we simply cannot afford not to be successful this season, and if the alarms aren't going off at CFG Towers, they surely are the useless wankers we suspect. 

I am with most others on here. I think he will see out his contract and unless we see some spectacularly poor results, i fear there is a chance he will even stay on afterwards as we may see more "incremental changes" as we saw with jvs. I think it's going to take open outrage in the stands with "Wazza out" chants from every corner of the stands like we saw with aloisi before they even consider getting rid of him. On a positive, i don't think I have ever seen every stand get involved with a chant other than "aloisi out" so even if it's booing and heckling Wazza at least we may see the whole crowd contributing to the atmosphere on game days

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

I know what you are both saying. But my guess would be if we lose the next two games, he might have to go back to England for family reasons. Especially if its as bad as is being described behind the scenes.

I reckon he looked pretty nervous and under pressure during his post match interview, it was the kind of thought I had as I was watching.

But then my head says the same thing that everyone else is saying, that he will see out his tenure and put the club even further back than when he started.

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

Any links? As one thing says its fine besides the players he doesn't like while others say its bad...

Joyce reported as follows after the Perth match:

Melbourne City boss Warren Joyce bemoaned the fact he lost three players - Ritchie De Laet, Florin Berenguer and Iacopo La Rocca - in training on Thursday.

Three players injured in one training session.

What a fuckwit.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Joyce reported as follows after the Perth match:

Melbourne City boss Warren Joyce bemoaned the fact he lost three players - Ritchie De Laet, Florin Berenguer and Iacopo La Rocca - in training on Thursday.

Three players injured in one training session.

What a fuckwit.

Just waiting the 'Skin folds were the cause' statement.

Edited by playmaker

26 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Juat waiting the 'Skin folds were the cause' statement.

I believe he has two training sessions a day or one long hard session. Youth football is to build up the players strength and stamina. The older players bodies are or should be at there strongest and fittest therefore they do not need to be continually developed. If they are trained like youth players they will develop injuries.

Players injured

O'Halloran age 27

DeLaet age 30

Berenguer age 29

LaRocca age 34

They are not youth players therefore in my uneducated opinion the over training of the older players is a problem. I do not know about injuries in his previous seasons but certain stats are are beginning to form or am I imaging it and it is just a coincidence. 

• Like 2

We’re lurching from one crisis to another. Almost certainly self inflicted. We should be in a period of stability where we pickup points and prepare for the run home in the second half of the season. Well not us. We train the crap out of all codgers and start humiliating Bruno with talk of lack of commitment. Commitment! He’s been the most committed player ever to put on our shirt but Joyce now has decided that he wants Bruno out or is keen to show the troops who’s da boss man. Go figure. Season rapidly on life support with this carry on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Yea I'm not liking Jamo's comments lately either. Seems that he's trying to be coach's pet

He is definitely coming to the defence of Joyces decision. But his comments are very much out of touch with reality. Case in point below. I think comparing the dropping of Piovaccari for WSW and Bruno is ludicrous. Whilst both are marquees Bruno is a proven record goal scorer and club favourite whilst Piovaccari played 12 games for 2 goals and struggled to make his mark. Its this huge point of difference that make his last comment (in bold) below grate on my nerves. 

"Just because you're marquee doesn't give you an automatic position to start ... we're all in the mix to try and play. No one's position is safe," the defender said.

"(Treat this) like you treated the dropping of Luke Brattan. It's pretty normal.

"It's a selection issue and as players we don't know anything about it. Players come in, players get dropped and that's the way it works."

Jamieson referred to the sidelining of Federico Piovaccari by then-coach Tony Popovic at Western Sydney in 2016/17, a season in which the Wanderers reached the grand final, for perspective.

"I was in a team at Wanderers where the marquee man didn't play for pretty much a whole season," he said.

"There's been more a song and dance about this issue. It's a bit of a laugh really.

Edited by n i k o

10 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

I believe he has two training sessions a day or one long hard session. Youth football is to build up the players strength and stamina. The older players bodies are or should be at there strongest and fittest therefore they do not need to be continually developed. If they are trained like youth players they will develop injuries.

Players injured

O'Halloran age 27

DeLaet age 30

Berenguer age 29

LaRocca age 34

They are not youth players therefore in my uneducated opinion the over training of the older players is a problem. I do not know about injuries in his previous seasons but certain stats are are beginning to form or am I imaging it and it is just a coincidence. 

I think we can add Osama Malik aged 28, and if we want to go further we can add Bruno Fornaroli aged 31.

Joyce is acting like a wrecking ball. If the club's senior management and CFG can't see this then we really are in desperate trouble. There's no way we can win anything if we have so many senior players unavailable.

• Like 2

I think what is also a massive caveat that we always forget is the uniquely hardness of our pitches. Exclude La Rocca and Malik but if you look at De Laet O'halloran and Berenguer all apparently soft tissue (it's my assumption based on no impact breaks/tears). That every season these visa players break down. It's not until the second season if they last before they play consistently week in week out. Exceptions in their first seasons were Bruno and Bart which in itself tells you a little about their resilience. 

It does my head in every season the same shit.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I think what is also a massive caveat that we always forget is the uniquely hardness of our pitches. Exclude La Rocca and Malik but if you look at De Laet O'halloran and Berenguer all apparently soft tissue (it's my assumption based on no impact breaks/tears). That every season these visa players break down. It's not until the second season if they last before they play consistently week in week out. Exceptions in their first seasons were Bruno and Bart which in itself tells you a little about their resilience. 

Yep this is absolutely true.  I remember Graham Arnold going on about it.

18 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Spot on.

Actually if I remember correctly, in one match Jacobsen was screaming out to Wazza to sub him off but Wazza failed to do so and flicked him off and I am certain within a few weeks Jacobsen was out for 6 weeks with calf issues. As I remember it anyway.

Edited by playmaker

3 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Has anybody thought about the idea to report Warren Joyce to the immigration department? Surely there is a breach with his working visa;

1. Current employment activities are not considered skillful
  2. The employer has not attempted to source locally and failing to do proper due diligence
  3. Role is negatively impacting Australian economy

IF Only !!

\

8 hours ago, Jovan said:

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong. I do not buy into the hardness of the pitches

I Scotland all teams have training pitches which are hard and made of astro turf. Therefore MOH is used to training daily on hard pitches.

3 teams in the SPFL home grounds are astro turf. Again he is used to playing on hard pitches

How many other teams have the majority of their foreign players out injured due to the hard pitches I am guessing not many.

They are trying to ban the astro turf pitches at home grounds because they do cause injuries and some players cannot play on them due to previous injuries.

I still believe it is Joyce's training is the problem for non youth players

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong. I do not buy into the hardness of the pitches

I Scotland all teams have training pitches which are hard and made of astro turf. Therefore MOH is used to training daily on hard pitches.

3 teams in the SPFL home grounds are astro turf. Again he is used to playing on hard pitches

How many other teams have the majority of their foreign players out injured due to the hard pitches I am guessing not many.

They are trying to ban the astro turf pitches at home grounds because they do cause injuries and some players cannot play on them due to previous injuries.

I still believe it is Joyce's training is the problem for non youth players

Every season we've had this problem. It effects the other A League teams also.

• Thanks 1

Fuck it shits me that even if we have a great Jan transfer and look stronger for the future that we will be so far down the ladder on current form and the damage from all the fallout will render this season wasted.

Fucking Joyce. 5 months offseason. Does shit all - then another offseason before we can capitalise (or fail to if our history has set the precedent).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Fucking Joyce. 5 months offseason. Does shit all

Seriously, this is the bit that drives people mad. The Tards were busy recruiting Toivonen and Honda and Joyce decides into the season to freeze Bruno and now we have no recognised striker. And we have no quality attacking midfielder. FMD if that’s not the mad work of a second rate man manager.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Fuck it shits me that even if we have a great Jan transfer and look stronger for the future that we will be so far down the ladder on current form and the damage from all the fallout will render this season wasted.

Fucking Joyce. 5 months offseason. Does shit all - then another offseason before we can capitalise (or fail to if our history has set the precedent).

Perhaps we have to be thankful for small mercies. Had Joyce been the manager at the time, we would never have seen Bruno Fornaroli, Aaron Mooy and Harry Novillo playing together and City scoring at will.

What decent player - especially from overseas - is going to want to come to City and have to put up with this bloke?

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

We are a basket case club. Losing the passion as well. My 10 year old is also lost interest and doesn’t care if we don’t go to the games. What a complete fucked up club.

Lol what a croc. Of course he's lost interest - when all that comes out of dad's mouth about the club is negative, negative and more fukn negative. 

• Like 2