Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

54 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

I don't have foxtel so I probably never saw the post match comments, but the quote from Kilkenny after he scored for Perth against us made me angry (at WJ, not NK).

"I played like that every day in training and the man ignored me," Kilkenny told Fox Sports.
“I had something to prove and hopefully I did that. It was just one person’s opinion, he didn’t like me.
“It’s one of those things. I didn’t get the opportunity I thought I deserved." 

• Like 1

Hang on a minute, wasnt it WJ that tried to do away with the sports science side of and believed in the old school way of doing things???? Pretty sure im right. In that case WJ has no right to talk about skin folds not being right. Im almost having an aneurysm this afternoon such is my disgust in this decision, actually went to the docs before and he did a blood pressure test for some reason and said it was a little high ha ha ha. FMD this club.....

12 minutes ago, haz said:

Ha ha ha fucking yes!!! Get in...

• Like 1

I would say make a big banner with “joyce & CFG out”, set it up mid way up in the active area. Have the people move to side in the adjacent bays for at least the first 10min of the game. At the start no singing or standing up at “so happy together”. 

An empty bay with a message will get publicity.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Hang on a minute, wasnt it WJ that tried to do away with the sports science side of and believed in the old school way of doing things????

Yep. Joyce doesn't believe in sport science or video analysis. That is why Montemurro and Valkanis felt the need to alert CFG to Joyce's backwards methods.

Well done to Brian Marwood for finding a coach who doesn't analyse opponents and ignores the conditioning staff.

• Like 1

I can't recall any A-League coach falling out with as many players in the entirety of the leagues history as Wazza has done in a little over 12 months. We're in a hard enough market against the biggest club in the country and continually look like an absolute rabble from the outside with our coach seemingly squaring off with the senior members of the squad regularly. CFG really need to be speaking to the playing group and those who have left because it seems the atmosphere is far more toxic than any professional club should be.

• Like 1

“This is a Warren Joyce issue”: Bolton

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/11/30/this-is-a-warren-joyce-issue-bolton/

Former Socceroos goalkeeper Clint Bolton believes Melbourne City coach Warren Joyce is entirely responsible for the current stand-off between himself and star striker Bruno Fornaroli.

Fornaroli was left out of City’s matchday squad for the second consecutive week with Joyce indicating the Uruguayan's failure to meet club-imposed training standards.

“It’s not a Bruno Fornaroli issue – this is a Warren Joyce issue,” Bolton told SEN Afternoons.

"Ultimately, when Warren Joyce fronts up to the media and gives excuses around certain players as to why they’re not playing which don’t add up, the focus should be on Warren Joyce and not Bruno Fornaroli in this situation.”

Bolton has great sympathy for City’s disgruntled supporter base who have planned a protest for this Sunday’s home match against Newcastle to vent their anger towards Joyce.

“I have the highest respect for those fans that stick by this club, because they get short-changed, it’s a club that’s promised so much, underdelivered over time and these fans keep paying to turn up and cop this,” he added.

“They’re not mugs, they understand that this isn’t a Bruno issue either. The rhetoric and the stuff that comes out of Melbourne City publicly is just garbage.

“Bruno has been a very happy content player at Melbourne City in the first couple of years, all of a sudden that’s changed, you’ve got to ask why?”

City currently sit in fifth position with seven points from their opening five games

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

I recommend everyone listens to Clint Bolton's interview on SEN from earlier today.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=307775

Love it when he'd finished talking about city and Joyce and asked about victory he had chuckle and said "ive just settle down a bit after talking about City" ha ha 

Edited by HeartOfCity
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Btw just wondering has Wazza ever gone to the fans for a chat after a game this season or last season ...or even showing appreciation by applauding to the fans  ?? 

Iknow JVS and Aloisi has 

Last time Wazza talked to the fans at Wigan.....

Image result for Warren joyce eye

---------------------
Just let this sink in..

Wigan sack Warren Joyce after just four months in charge

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/13/wigan-warren-joyce-sacked

Most likely Wazza's pay is directly related to how many young players he pulls through the system and gets them on-sold by CFG. Last season it was Arzani, this season it's Wales and McGree. Bruno is just a distraction and a 30+ year old codger.

I'd bet they see our club differently to NYC FC where winning the MLS and building a supporter base is the higher priority rather than pushing young talent and then off loading it for $$$$.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/i-dont-warren-talk-about-it---joyce-tight-lipped-on-bruno-rift-516243

I don't Warren talk about it - Joyce tight-lipped on Bruno rift

By Clement Tito Nov 29 2018 5:49PM Melbourne City boss Warren Joyce refuses to discuss why star striker Bruno Fornaroli has been dropped from the squad for the second consecutive week.

There has been plenty of fallout since Fornaroli was excluded from the squad which lost 2-0 to Brisbane Roar last week with speculation surrounding the Uruguayan.

Reports have emerged of a rumoured rift between El Tuna and Joyce with Fornaroli allegedly refusing to travel last week because he was told he’d be on the bench.

This weekend's squads were released today with Fornaroli's name missing from City's selection for their clash against Newcastle Jets on Sunday night.

Despite suggestions of fitness concerns for El Tuna, Joyce said he wouldn't discuss what reasons he'd given the club’s all-time leading goal scorer for dropping him from the side.

Joyce insisted there was no favouritism and that every player needed to prove they were worthy of being part of a team that could win a game.

The Englishman said those expectations had not changed from last season for Fornaroli or anyone else.

“We put demands on him over the summer to come back and be prepared and he’s just looking to work to get into the football team,” he said.

“I spoke to Bruno last week about reasons why he didn’t play, start the game and that’s it.

“I’d never (publicly) talk about any personal conversations with any footballer at this club, I haven’t done in the past and I don’t think it’s the right way.

image.png.63a1dc6f3438e504ff936d1b11765e85.png

“I had different conversations with Riley McGree yesterday and I wouldn’t tell you what I said to him. At football clubs, they’re normal conversations that deserve the right to stay between players and managers.”

Joyce was also unfazed about any accusations that playing without Fornaroli was a risk.

“It’s no different than every other game, you want to win every single game we play this season,” he said.

“You just want to win the game, you evaluate everything, nothing is different this week than the evaluation from the week before, you’re just trying to win the game.”

However Joyce praised the performances of attacking utility, Wales, who played 76 minutes last week.

“I wouldn’t talk about individual performances, everybody’s got things that they’ve got to do,” Joyce said.

“I thought Lachie Wales was excellent last week, he’s been excellent this season really in a lot of the games.

“You see a lot of talented stuff during training, he’s coming from nowhere and he lifts the bar. You can only judge on what players see and do, it’s simple really.”

Edited by HEARTinator

It's all very well to have high standards but they will not win you any games without a FOCUS (bruno) that's what was missing last week and will be this week the players were not focused on getting the ball to Bruno as he was not there even a slightly unfit Bruno is better than no Bruno.

On 03/12/2018 at 9:58 AM, Torn Asunder said:

Wales is always looking to attack, hence why he turns it over and makes bad choices often during the game.

i like him as a player because he does have a bit of an x-factor, and plays with freedom and adventure. With experience he will become more and more dangerous.

He has been involved in a lot of our most attacking moves thus far this season.

That's why he did nothing for the whole game, turned over the ball from not trapping it or passing correctly and not having vision to link with other players.

He only scored the goal because he was allowed to by the all out attack of NC. It was a charity goal and the game was already won.

When the game had to be won he was poor.

I have nothing against the kid but to suggest he could replace Bruno is a delusion which is exactly what Wazza is trying to create.

This whole narrative of Wales being some how competent as a ST is wrong.

Wazza needs to go. This 'locking out stars' bullshit needs to stop. Just remember what happened last season when he locked out our marquee for probably similar reasons and yet when the game need to be won in the semi he called him to be the miracle worker. Why? Because Wazza knew he was a match winner and yet treated him that way throughout the season.

You always see the truth when things get desperate and the whole shit show with Budinski left Wazza with egg on his face and another lost opportunity for the club.

This crap with Bruno will do the same and I just hope if Bruno stays and continues to get locked out, that Wazza is put in a similar desperate position and calls for Bruno, and Bruno tells him to Fuck off and walks over and sits with the actives and starts a 'Joyce is a wanker fuck off' chant.

Rant over

For now.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 2

It seems like Wazza's ideal is a fit hard running team of players without the flair or creativity that impairs the structured play that he has in mind. The younger the player and the more average the ability, the easier it is to mould into the role he has for them. I suppose this could work if implemented well, but we just seem to be getting slow frightened teams with no creativity, always looking for the safe pass. It makes it easy for opponents, hard for spectators. There's no room for game-changing players under this philosophy

4 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

... I suppose this could work if implemented well, but we just seem to be getting slow frightened teams with no creativity, always looking for the safe pass. It makes it easy for opponents, hard for spectators. There's no room for game-changing players under this philosophy

I agree that was the case earlier in the season, but since the Wellington game we have tried to move the ball quicker and they have tried to be creative.

Obviously a way to go, especially against the better teams, but I don't think it's right to say we're still playing slow and frightened.

1 hour ago, rass said:

Obviously a way to go, especially against the better teams, but I don't think it's right to say we're still playing slow and frightened.

So we are into the meat of Wazza's season 2 and we still have a way to go. We can beat crap sides but get smashed by good sides right?

Not good enough.

We must demand better as we deserve better.

Wazza is a clown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

I agree that was the case earlier in the season, but since the Wellington game we have tried to move the ball quicker and they have tried to be creative.

Quicker, but still far too slow, too predictable and too little movement off the ball to penetrate any competent defence

24 minutes ago, playmaker said:

So we are into the meat of Wazza's season 2 and we still have a way to go. We can beat crap sides but get smashed by good sides right?

Not good enough.

We must demand better as we deserve better.

Wazza is a clown.

I agree with you, it isn't good enough. But I'm only commenting on what I see in front of me, which is an improvement since the first few rounds, but obviously we have much more we need to do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dylan said:

So in all seriousness. What does everyone think needs to happen before old mate gets the sack.

So if we lose against Adelaide and the derby? Goneski?

Wont be goneski as City wont back down. If they are willing to back him over Bruno says it all really. Bruno gone and were stuck with good ol wazza

Other than if we start languishing down with the Mariners I can't see them replacing him before seasons end as everyone usually is within reach of the finals up until the last week of the season. They'll give him the opportunity to turnover more of the squad in the transfer window to get more "Yes Men" in and we'll finish 5th or 6th and bow out in week one of the finals.

19 minutes ago, Dylan said:

So in all seriousness. What does everyone think needs to happen before old mate gets the sack.

So if we lose against Adelaide and the derby? Goneski?

In all seriousness he will see out the year. 

I anticipate a couple more bad losses, those players on the outer to be shipped out in January,  a couple decent players come in. We steadily improve results wise but continue to play a horrible style get to semi finals and lose.

Come seasons end Waxza quits due to some weird reason and we get in another washed up pretender. A 3rd Melbourne team enters does everything right, mirrors the Wandrerers entry and we become the under performing hipster team that everybody hates for no particular or valid reason.

Edited by Jovan
  • Sad 1