Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

16 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Thats what they were saying when the Cahill saga was happening then we started winning and they all shut up.

Round and round we go with the Sydney centric media again.

The evidence suggest Bolton is more than likely to be right. I'd say he's simply speaking his mind without any bias. 

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

The evidence suggest Bolton is more than likely to be right. I'd say he's simply speaking his mind without any bias. 

Totally and with the knowledge of being in that environment for a good 10/15 seasons. He is just saying as he sees it.

10 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Love hearing from Bolton, always calling out the negatives in the club which other media dont talk about

3 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Interesting comments from Clint Bolton on SEN this afternoon:

"something stinks at City"

" players look unhappy"

"player dissatisfaction with the coach"

"you can see it in their body language and lack of intensity".

As I said, Bullshit.

Players showed no indication that any of the above is true.

Bolton just another Sydney wanker.

10 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

Bolton joined us in Feb 2010, and stayed 3 full seasons until July 2013, when he got an office job at Melbourne Heart (as the "Strategic Projects Manager" source). Bolton was at least doing community work (goalkeeping clinics) at the club until September 2014 or even December 2014 (source and source).

So Bolton's been and worked at the club for roughly 5 years. Apart from Munn, has anyone else been at the club that long (I'm pretty certain no players have)? Indeed, I think he is still living in Melbourne since he joined Heart around Feb 2010.

All up it looks pretty clear to me that Bolton is closer and more informed about Melbourne Heart/City than most others. So I certainly wouldn't dismiss what he says easily.

i like Bolton and feel that he often does call it as he sees it, but after speaking to him on the podcast I got the impression he left on very poor terms and has a massive axe to grind.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Embee said:

i like Bolton and feel that he often does call it as he sees it, but after speaking to him on the podcast I got the impression he left on very poor terms and has a massive axe to grind.

This appears to be from the podcast to which you refer.

“To be quite frank, my time at Melbourne Heart feels … a waste of time isn’t exactly my feelings but I feel like I’ve played for a club that doesn’t exist anymore because the change from Heart to City has been that vast.

“There’s barely any remnants of it in the new Melbourne City club except for the away jersey which is red and white.

“The only other time I think about Melbourne Heart is in the crowd when I see the old Melbourne Heart jerseys among some of the hardcore fans.

“But besides that, there’s really little emotional connection to Melbourne City compared to when I played at Melbourne Heart.

“For me, you need to embrace where you’ve come from and in a lot of ways, the club has lost what it was originally and that’s just a big shame.

“I think the club should embrace that period instead of distancing itself which it seems like it has done.

“That’s why for my playing career point of view, I felt like the last three years which were three years at Melbourne Heart, in some ways, were wasted years for me.”

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

closer to the 10th than we are to 1st and fucking 13 points behind the mediocre squad that the jets have 

Why do people keep saying this, the Jets don't have mediocre squad at all. They spent a shitload of money this season with the help of their new owner, a decent coach who knows the league and cap system. They have better players than us in critical positions with the likes of Rodriquez, McGree, Petratos and Vargas (Nabbout). Plus, as funny as it sounds Jason Hoffman and Georgievski are currently better fullbacks than Jamieson, Muscat and Atkinson. If not wrong Duncan is high up there with saves too.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Why do people keep saying this, the Jets don't have mediocre squad at all. They spent a shitload of money this season with the help of their new owner, a decent coach who knows the league and cap system. They have better players than us in critical positions with the likes of Rodriquez, McGree, Petratos and Vargas (Nabbout). Plus, as funny as it sounds Jason Hoffman and Georgievski are currently better fullbacks than Jamieson, Muscat and Atkinson. If not wrong Duncan is high up there with saves too.

one of the worst cb pairings in the comps history 

21 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

one of the worst cb pairings in the comps history 

Of course, can’t have it all in this salary capped league. Goes to show what a better coach and good functioning team around you can do! I’m happy that we have the best central defenders in the league if gives me so much joy at the moment; looking at the lack of creativity up front. Arzani tries though. But I get your point. I was merely pointing out that Newcastle have management smart this season.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Of course, can’t have it all in this salary capped league. Goes to show what a better coach and good functioning team around you can do! I’m happy that we have the best central defenders in the league if gives me so much joy at the moment; looking at the lack of creativity up front. Arzani tries though. But I get your point. I was merely pointing out that Newcastle have management smart this season.

Laurie mckinna seems like an awesome guy to have at the club, gets shit done and is open with the clubs fans 

13 hours ago, Embee said:

Maybe Bolton does have an axe to grind. It can both be true that A) Bolton is very informed about Melbourne Heart/City (he really knows his stuff), and B.) he has an axe to grind (perhaps he is bitter about how he left and/or how CFG treated the old club--"the club that would become Melbourne City"--of which Bolton was once one of the main faces of).

I'm not saying that everything that Bolton says is gospel. I'm just saying that I wouldn't dismiss his claims easily (some counter-evidence to dismiss his claims would be a good start).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

Maybe Bolton does have an axe to grind. It can both be true that A) Bolton is very informed about Melbourne Heart/City (he really knows his stuff), and B.) he has an axe to grind (perhaps he is bitter about how he left and/or how CFG treated the old club--"the club that would become Melbourne City"--of which Bolton was once one of the main faces of).

I'm not saying that everything that Bolton says is gospel. I'm just saying that I wouldn't dismiss his claims easily (some counter-evidence to dismiss his claims would be a good start).

On the same Podcast he was highly critical of the managerial change in the W-League side during that season also, a season which we obviously went on to win the title in.

Whilst he may be correct (and obviously may be incorrect also) in his assertions I feel like there's enough evidence on record to support the claim that his relationship with the club is pretty poor and that this fact should be taken into account when analyzing his views on their current situation. I think some people are too willing to latch on to any negative commentary from public figures about the club when it's possible or even likely that they know no more than we do. As far as counter-evidence, it's Clint who's making these assertions, concrete evidence would be his issue IMO.

I'm not happy with where we're at currently but I still view these claims with skepticism due to Clint's history with the club.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 2

Some fair comments.

Unfortunately, apart from maybe Sorensen (and that’s debatable) It’s very hard to name senior or important players (like Socceroos) who have left the club on impeccably good terms. Especially Australian players.

Aloisi, Skoko, Colosimo, Bolton, Garcia, Kewell, Kennedy, Paartalu, Franjic, Cahill Kilkenny. None of these players have good or ongoing ties with the club (even though some have been named “club ambassadors”). And too many players are badly regarded the moment they exit the club IMO (Bolton is merely a Sydney player? Really?).

I know there are lots of circumstances our struggling club has had with these players, and maybe a few or some are fully correctly criticised and disregarded. Nonetheless, overall I hope former players aren’t so disregarded and dismissed so easily in the future. We know there’s too much instability with the playing squad, and i would like to see less instability with former players too in the future too.

Edited by Murfy1

4 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

Some fair comments.

Unfortunately, apart from maybe Sorensen (and that’s debatable) It’s very hard to name senior or important players (like Socceroos) who have left the club on impeccably good terms. Especially Australian players.

Aloisi, Skoko, Colosimo, Bolton, Garcia, Kewell, Kennedy, Paartalu, Franjic, Cahill Kilkenny. None of these players have good or ongoing ties with the club (even though some have been named “club ambassadors”). And too many players are badly regarded the moment they exit the club IMO (Bolton is merely a Sydney player? Really?).

I know there are lots of circumstances our struggling club has had with these players, and maybe a few or some are fully correctly criticised and disregarded. Nonetheless, overall I hope former players aren’t so disregarded and dismissed so easily in the future. We know there’s too much instability with the playing squad, and i would like to see less instability with former players too in the future too.

Harsh IMO. According to Scott Munn (it might have been off-air, I can't remember), Eli Babalj and Aziz are constantly coming and visiting the club whenever they find themselves back in Australia and Germano is at quite a few home games, I've also seen Colosimo at the odd game. I don't think Franjic and Paartalu have had many negative things to say since they left if any at all (I think Franjic wished the club well in games on Twitter a few times) and Massimo Murdocca was full of complimentary comments when we interviewed him on Talking City. As far as Bolton being a Sydney player, that's come out of his mouth more than anyone else's.

I would also love more stability with our squads, I don't disagree there at all. I do however feel though that MOST players who earn it are held in a positive light amongst our fans, look at guys like Tando, Aaron Mooy, Aziz, Engelaar etc.

Edited by Embee

56 minutes ago, Embee said:

On the same Podcast he was highly critical of the managerial change in the W-League side during that season also, a season which we obviously went on to win the title in.

Whilst he may be correct (and obviously may be incorrect also) in his assertions I feel like there's enough evidence on record to support the claim that his relationship with the club is pretty poor and that this fact should be taken into account when analyzing his views on their current situation. I think some people are too willing to latch on to any negative commentary from public figures about the club when it's possible or even likely that they know no more than we do. As far as counter-evidence, it's Clint who's making these assertions, concrete evidence would be his issue IMO.

I'm not happy with where we're at currently but I still view these claims with skepticism due to Clint's history with the club.

@EmbeeWhen did Bolton finally leave his role in the club's management structure? Sometime in 2017?

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

@EmbeeWhen did Bolton finally leave his role in the club's management structure? Sometime in 2017?

Was during the coaching shakeup in 2016/17 (I think?) when Joe moved into the senior side, Jess took over as head coach and Paddy moved into the W-League assistant role.

We already won the GF by replacing Valkanis. There are three better teams this season. This is what is seen from CFG. Joyce went from playing 7 defenders strategy  to the game plan with Arzani dribbling three opponents all the time. From EPL Kamau to redundant Kamau. 

He won't be sacked in such a low league.  He might leave if he gets better offer.

On 18/03/2018 at 1:20 PM, Embee said:

Harsh IMO. According to Scott Munn (it might have been off-air, I can't remember), Eli Babalj and Aziz are constantly coming and visiting the club whenever they find themselves back in Australia and Germano is at quite a few home games, I've also seen Colosimo at the odd game. I don't think Franjic and Paartalu have had many negative things to say since they left if any at all (I think Franjic wished the club well in games on Twitter a few times) and Massimo Murdocca was full of complimentary comments when we interviewed him on Talking City. As far as Bolton being a Sydney player, that's come out of his mouth more than anyone else's.

I would also love more stability with our squads, I don't disagree there at all. I do however feel though that MOST players who earn it are held in a positive light amongst our fans, look at guys like Tando, Aaron Mooy, Aziz, Engelaar etc.

I may read into it too much, but Mooy always likes pretty much every post Melbourne City put on instagram and twitter and often posts photos of himself watching City games. This is in contrast to the Wanderers who he pretty much never mentions or interacts with.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

I may read into it too much, but Mooy always likes pretty much every post Melbourne City put on instagram and twitter and often posts photos of himself watching City games. This is in contrast to the Wanderers who he pretty much never mentions or interacts with.

Bless that bloke.

How Wazza's KPI's be looking about now:

Are we playing good football: NO

Are we playing winning football: NO

Has the squad improved since the start of the season: NO

Have the performances improved since Round 1: NO

Have we Unearthed any players who could be sold for profit: YES

Does anyone bar the rusted on supporters care anymore: NO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Image result for it's a no from me dawg
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Are we playing good football: Better football yes. But not more effective. 

Are we playing winning football: As in style? I don't see that as being a problem. 

Has the squad improved since the start of the season: NO - Agree completely here 

Have the performances improved since Round 1: NO - without doubt NO

Does anyone bar the rusted on supporters care anymore: Some do yes 

My answers to your questions

On 21/03/2018 at 5:13 PM, mus-28 said:

And the last question:

Is the current manager making decisions that will weaken the club for the future:

Yes.

46 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

And the last question:

Is the current manager making decisions that will weaken the club for the future:

Yes.

Perhaps rephrase that to "Is the Football Department making decisions that look as though they will strengthen the club for the future?" - NO.

Also "Have we unearthed any players who could be sold for profit?" The only one I can see is Arzani, and as he is out of contract at the end of the season and if he leaves at that point the answer to that question will also be a NO.