Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

:facepalm:

Ok, let's leave it here. :) Just do not bet with those forum "odds" next time. People switching opinions during one game let alone after winning/loosing streaks. There are simply no such things as "forum odds".

Leave you have fun with clowns popped up above.

On 29/12/2017 at 8:53 AM, jw1739 said:

Yes, except that it's us who have lost momentum, with 5 losses in our past 8 matches. That's why I say the six matches in January will make us or break us. We either recover, take say 14 points or so, or continue the slide and take 7-8. The former will see us still in the mix, the latter will see us in mid-table.

So we've had our 6 matches in January. 

A terrible loss to Wanderers 

A scratchy come from behind win to the Nix.

A rare away win in Perth.

A hard fought away draw to Mariners 

A demolition of Adelaide at home

A come from behind twice draw to the jets.

So 3 wins 2 drawers and 1 loss.

All in all a pretty impressive return. How does that translate to our ladder position and ultimately our finishing position. With 9 games remaining we are 4 points from 2nd and 13 points from first. So to catch Sydney we would need to win all 9 in a row and they would have to lose 5 of their next 9. Remembering they have only lost 2 league games from their past 45. So you can kiss finishing first goodbye or even closing the gap to less than 10 points. 

All what's left is to play for second and a good finals campaign with maybe a grand final win.

My problem is that after 2 thirds of the season gone I really don't know what expect or more accurately what we are capable off. Without McCormack we will struggle to score even if Bruno returns atleast for his first 2 or 3 games. Budzinski seems to be inconsistent and really hard to rely on. Arzani is young and is due for a few poor games. Fitzy and Kamau would be lucky to score more than 5 goals between them by the end of the season. So that just leaves Vidosic. Is he going to be the player to carry us through our next 3 or 4 games until a.either Ross returns or b.Fornaroli returns and finds the net or even c. Neither a or b?

If January was crucial in making or breaking us, February will be even more so.

Brisbane home. Sydney home. Perth away. Then home derby on 2nd March.

I can see a potential 4 points from 12 maybe 5 but,  7 or greater would be amazing. 

Basically I've got no fucking idea what to expect. 

• Like 3

Another come from behind win under Wazza. We look like a football side too. In addition he has been making a genuine attempt to use his subs effectively for several weeks.

A month or so ago I thought he wouldn’t see out his contract, but now he’s looking like he knows what he’s doing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Another come from behind win under Wazza. We look like a football side too. In addition he has been making a genuine attempt to use his subs effectively for several weeks.

A month or so ago I thought he wouldn’t see out his contract, but now he’s looking like he knows what he’s doing.

He has changed. He uses the bench now, he tends to play players in their natural position, he is using a more attacking mindset.

40 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

He has changed. He uses the bench now, he tends to play players in their natural position, he is using a more attacking mindset.

I'm convinced after that shit show against wsw where he used one sub he got a call from the overlords to pull his head in as after that match haven't lost in 6 

Agree with alot has to do with Vidosic and Arzani both hitting form. But I think its more to do with more of all the players are playing collectively better. Although we are still being held back by individual errors, but they are less every game. 

All of this is credit to Wazza. 

I've just sat down on the seat of the Wazza train. Hopefully we can get a bit of momentum and become an express not stopat any stations.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Isn't tat what the commentators said on Fox? That he was more conservative at he beginning of the season but now has changed his mindset and is more attack focused.

11 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Isn't tat what the commentators said on Fox? That he was more conservative at he beginning of the season but now has changed his mindset and is more attack focused.

With the benefit of hindsight, isn't this pretty much what we would have expected? He had to get familiar with his players and the way other teams play in this league, and get some discipline and fitness into the squad, before starting to experiment and let loose young players such as Atkinson and Arzani. Clearly we're fitter and grittier than we've ever been before. Coming from behind to even draw was virtually unheard of in the Heart days. And, as it turned out, there were some players in the squad who weren't prepared to play it his way, and they had to be removed before he could fully implement his ideas.

I would think that at this stage CFG are pretty pleased with the way the club is presenting itself.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

With the benefit of hindsight, isn't this pretty much what we would have expected? He had to get familiar with his players and the way other teams play in this league, and get some discipline and fitness into the squad, before starting to experiment and let loose young players such as Atkinson and Arzani. Clearly we're fitter and grittier than we've ever been before. Coming from behind to even draw was virtually unheard of in the Heart days. And, as it turned out, there were some players in the squad who weren't prepared to play it his way, and they had to be removed before he could fully implement his ideas.

I would think that at this stage CFG are pretty pleased with the way the club is presenting itself.

Agree with pretty much all that. 

I think ultimately though he will be judged by our finishing position. If we bow out again limply in a semi then for me we haven't improved. 

But I'm more confident on the 5th of February than I was the 5th of January. 

46 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Actually what was unexpected was the minimum use of the bench and a continuation of playing players in unaccustomed positions. To me not using the bench was bizarre as I had never seen this before. However, game plan wise  I did expect his thinking to evolve as he learnt more about his players and the a-league in general.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Yep, I was firmly on the Wazza out train after the WSW game, but he's really turned it around since then. Very impressed.

I'm on the Wazza train, but the train reaches a stop every weekend and I'm still standing by the door. I've no idea where this train is taking us, it seemed to be heading to derailment not so long ago, now at least it seems to be moving at a slow but steady speed

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It's the Malik and Brattan axis in midfield. Allows the front four to play fluidly. Plus both have good cross field passing range, gets Arzani in space.

Osama Malik saved Wazza and created Arzani.

I dont think Malik had an amazing game against Brisbane, a number of times he turned into his old traffic cone self.

But in regards to the partnership, I think one factor of why its working so well is the off-field friendship they have. 90% of Bratts instagram is either his daughter or Osama

Edited by haz

26 minutes ago, haz said:

I dont think Malik had an amazing game against Brisbane, a number of times he turned into his old traffic cone self.

But in regards to the partnership, I think one factor of why its working so well is the off-field friendship they have. 90% of Bratts instagram is either his daughter or Osama

They both live in the same building as me. I can't help but feel like I'm somehow involved