Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

The old feelings of 'I want the players to down tools to force the clubs hand' are coming back for me. 

But in reality he will only be sacked this season if the relationship between him and the majority of the players become toxic or an outstanding candidate becomes available. Where is Poppa?

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Joyce appears to have brought nothing but upheaval and disruption to the club. Yes he might be down a couple of players, but don't forget we've seen Caceres, Cahill, Brandan, Kilkenny, Carrusca, Roberts and Crowley all depart the club. we can't blame Joyce for Cahill's departure, but IMO we can the rest. On the showing tonight even his celebrated focus on training and fitness appears to have failed, because we were lethargic right from the kick-off and out-run by Victory all night.

Yes, there's still time to finish third and get something out of the season, but at this stage I can't see that Joyce is the manager we want for the future.

Actually I do blame Joyce for Cahill’s departure. Ok Cahill didn’t help himself but Joyce 100% wanted him out.

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Joyce appears to have brought nothing but upheaval and disruption to the club. Yes he might be down a couple of players, but don't forget we've seen Caceres, Cahill, Brandan, Kilkenny, Carrusca, Roberts and Crowley all depart the club. we can't blame Joyce for Cahill's departure, but IMO we can the rest. On the showing tonight even his celebrated focus on training and fitness appears to have failed, because we were lethargic right from the kick-off and out-run by Victory all night.

Yes, there's still time to finish third and get something out of the season, but at this stage I can't see that Joyce is the manager we want for the future.

Agree with a lot.

One big issue is that every player that becomes unavailable is only only a small problem, but somehow a big problem. McCormack, Schenkeveld, Malik (?). Football is not just a team game, but a squad game. And with Joyce in charge it seems that his preferred starting XI are somehow irreplaceable, and there is no cover for any of these players in the squad. Even Joyce's new signings--Delbridge, Bozanic, etc.--can't even be useful backups for the absent 1st choice players.

This all reflects poorly on the manager.

1 hour ago, CityHeart said:

this club needs an absolute reset,  but Im not sure what the catalyst is going to be?

Got to hand it CFG, they are a patient bunch but I think it is getting long in the tooth now.

26 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I'm just about in the Joyce Out camp. 

We are as brittle, mentally weak and impotent as we've ever been.

It seems like we've regressed as a team under his watch. We are getting worse as the season goes on. 

Not long before the Sydney match I posted somewhere that I thought the club was "presenting well." Joyce was brought here to give the club some mental toughness, grit, intensity - however you want to express it - and the evidence at that time was that he had achieved it, or at least brought about an improvement. It's really the three successive shambolic defeats that have changed that opinion. 

Seeing the tards the other week when George scored that free, they all ran to their embattled coach in a show of faith to him. As much as a kunt Muscat is, his players seem behind him.

Sadly for us, I don't think any player would run to Joyce in a similar scenario. Says a hell of a lot. Going to be very difficult to be a successful coach if your players won't fight for you.

Edited by rass
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, rass said:

Seeing the tards the other week when George scored that free, they all ran to their embattled coach in a show of faith to him. As much as a kunt Muscat is, his players seem behind him.

Sadly for us, I don't think any player would run to Joyce in a similar scenario. Says a hell of a lot. Going to be very difficult to be a successful coach if your players won't fight for you.

A lot of fans would run to check in Wazza's bags at Tulla

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Harrison said:

We are as brittle, mentally weak and impotent as we've ever been.

It seems like we've regressed as a team under his watch. We are getting worse as the season goes on. 

Ironic that the players that were considered "winners" like Cahill, Brandan and Kilkenny have been shipped out. I think Wazza would prefer a team of Yes Men who toe the line compared to those who will push the boundaries to get the 3 points.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Ironic that the players that were considered "winners" like Cahill, Brandan and Kilkenny have been shipped out. I think Wazza would prefer a team of Yes Men who toe the line compared to those who will push the boundaries to get the 3 points.

Exactly. 

He also seems quite happy to weaken the team to get rid of personalities thst might need a bit of effort. But we aren’t Man U. Superstars aren’t lining up to come and play under the salary cap. A good A League coach is one that can get the most out of the squad he has and manages the personalities.

As someone ( @jw1739 I believe) it’s ridiculous situation that we seem to be unable to play when 1 player (who, effective though he is, is really just a work horse) is out injured.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Ten men Jets without marquee player are far more competitive. WJ at his early stage as senior team coach is not able to get this out his team. On the bright side our games against Jets are very even. 

I’d be worried about playing the Jets at the moment. We aren’t scoring goals very easily at all and we are shipping them at the same time. Two goals (one penalty and one goal from individual skill) scored and eight goals conceded in the last three matches. No fluidity, no movement, no ideas. 

The Jets would demolish us now. 

Edited by Harrison

25 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I’d be worried about playing the Jets at the moment. We aren’t scoring goals very easily at all and we are shipping them at the same time. Two goals (one penalty and one goal from individual skill) scored and eight goals conceded in the last three matches. No fluidity, no movement, no ideas. 

By season's end we are going to be worried playing the Victoian under 15s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harrison said:

We do play better against other teams that like to keep the ball. We don't have a hope of beating any counter-attacking team as its just so easy to play balls through our lines

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

As I said towards the start of the season, Wazza is building for next season and beyond. This season was always going to be a lottery.

That's what I thought he was doing. But all I can see after the dumping of Brandan and Kilkenny is a demolition contractor.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

As I said towards the start of the season, Wazza is building for next season and beyond. This season was always going to be a lottery.

AFAIK the A-League has three clear examples: Ange at BR, Gombau at AU, and Popa at WSW. With all three you could clearly see what they were trying to do within 6 to 8 weeks. No they did not have all the players but a core nucleus was forming that proved pivotal to their success. So the game plan was evident early on, the nucleus was coalescing and the gaps begun to be filled within the mid season transfer period. For the life of me, I cannot see any evidence of any plan or any other clue as to what he is building towards.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC Mooy won City's Player of the Year in 2014/15 and 2015/16, the latter jointly with Bruno. Kilkenny won it 2016/17. I don't recall Sorensen being our Player of the Year ever.

I think Garcia won it and a year later was gone. Sorensen I think won A League goalkeeper of the year. 

Let's not get caught up with details.

Suffice so say as soon as any player wins any sort of award as a club we can't handle success or winners so we must move them on.

23 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I think Garcia won it and a year later was gone. Sorensen I think won A League goalkeeper of the year. 

Let's not get caught up with details.

Suffice so say as soon as any player wins any sort of award as a club we can't handle success or winners so we must move them on.

I think this pattern would be familar with many HAL clubs. (just guessing though)