Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

I've heard Roy Keane and Dennis Wise have been linked to the job.

Both would stir interest with regards to membership. 

As a person who was growing up watching as a kid when these fellas where at the top of their games i would be super excited with either Keane or Wise although would prefer Wise.

9 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Hey no don't put me on the Bullshit list for this. I'm just sharing a tweet from a rather poor source, not claiming to have inside information. 

Too late. You post it you own it. 

Sometimes sharing is not caring.

1 hour ago, AlwaysHeart said:

I'd have nothing against Moyes been our new manager. He's copped a lot of flack over Man Utd and Sunderland jobs but if you remember those Everton days he was amongst the best managers in the world so i still have much respect for him.

agree.  the best name of the english trash that has been reeled out so far.  he has the experience and the presence to give the club a kick up its arse without being a total douche bag.  even cahill would pull his head in under moyes  - who had such a massive part to do with his development into one of the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Ask yourself the question. Would CFG actually hire David Moyes?

No way.

A recently sacked coach from their fiercest rival.

???

Carlos Tevez springs to mind.

Besides Moyes will always be thought of as an Everton man. IMO he'd be bloody good here.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Tevez at the time was a prized assest. It was more of statement signing signalling a change of power/status/ambition. 

Fair enough. Tbh i dont think CFG would care to much about rivalry when it comes to their other clubs. They seem too professional for that for mine.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jake said:

And?

And what? Decisions are made in Manchester, no one in Melbourne has any information on happenings other than the times when buisnessmen leave for England, the time they return from it, and who they bring with them.

Edited by jeffplz

It will be a continental European or South American who has some kind of connection to Guardiola or Barcelona imo. Someone with alot of experience at clubs with limited resources or a bit of a youth developer type and may even bring over OR we will get an assistant that will be a sort of apprentice. 

Reason for the limited resource/developer is probably the closest thing to a salary cap type restriction

Edited by Dylan

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

It will be a continental European or South American who has some kind of connection to Guardiola or Barcelona imo. Someone with a lot of experience at clubs with limited resources or a bit of a youth developer type and may even bring over OR we will get an assistant that will be a sort of apprentice. 

Reason for the limited resource/developer is probably the closest thing to a salary cap type restriction

The "limited resources" argument makes sense - no point in bringing in someone who in the past has been able to buy their way out of trouble. But I'm not so sure about the "youth developer" type being suitable. I think we need a bit of a hard nut who's got the balls to pull some of the egos at the club into line.

• Like 2

We don't need a youth development type coach (unfortunately ). The way the League is structured most teams are built around 1 year cycles. Because so it leaves very little room to develop younger type players and it's not in the interest of the club to develop younger players. 

If the League  (and more importantly FFA ) matures and comprehends the world of football then we might see a change. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

What I was implying by a youth or development coach is that someone who can teach and use the players they have

We've been going 7 seasons now, 6 with a youth team. Have we seen anyone start with us as a junior, stay with us and make it into a regular starter for the A-League team?

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We've been going 7 seasons now, 6 with a youth team. Have we seen anyone start with us as a junior, stay with us and make it into a regular starter for the A-League team?

Most teams are like this.

Maybe Goodwin. 

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Ben Garuccio and Stefan Mauk are the only two I can think of off the top of my head tbh.

Edited by GreenSeater

1 hour ago, Chris p said:

. Mauk Good Garuccio goodwin etc. Most of them moved relatively quickly 

None of the above are still with us, and none were regular A-League starters for us while they were here. I'm simply reinforcing my point that I don't think our next manager should be the "youth development" type.

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

None of the above are still with us, and none were regular A-League starters for us while they were here. I'm simply reinforcing my point that I don't think our next manager should be the "youth development" type.

It's really neither here nor there. Had they stuck around a bit longer i'm sure they would have cemented their place in the first team 

On 06/05/2017 at 2:03 PM, tommac said:

Pearce seems a good option... Pardew a big no. A terrible coach/manager and a right royal piece of shit of a person.

I can still remember watching how man city "played" when Pearce was their gaffer. Suggest you watch some of those games before you offer more support.

i think John Aloisi made a better fist of it with us than Pearce at city.

5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I can still remember watching how man city "played" when Pearce was their gaffer. Suggest you watch some of those games before you offer more support.

i think John Aloisi made a better fist of it with us than Pearce at city.

i would take aloisi back.  he needs to sort out his roster/recruiting a bit better but other than that the football in brisbane has mostly been good.  

i would prefer an australian coach generally.  but the mens team is so underwhelming it needs a big boot up its arse.  there just aren't any available experienced australian coaches who i think could do it.

Edited by nah brah

3 hours ago, nah brah said:

i would take aloisi back.  he needs to sort out his roster/recruiting a bit better but other than that the football in brisbane has mostly been good.  

i would prefer an australian coach generally.  but the mens team is so underwhelming it needs a big boot up its arse.  there just aren't any available experienced australian coaches who i think could do it.

Would never take him back, hasn't really showed respect to our club and seems to forget where he comes from as a coach, we paid for his trade & tools. Next to that he has face to punch on.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Would never take him back, hasn't really showed respect to our club and seems to forget where he comes from as a coach, we paid for his trade & tools. Next to that he has face to punch on.

I wouldn't take him back because his record was woeful, forget anything else.