Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

• 2 weeks later...

Ricky Sbragia axed by Manchester United as part of coaching staff changes

The former Scotland youth coach has been removed from his role with United looking to bring Warren Joyce back to the club.

Ricky Sbragia has been sacked by Manchester United as part of their plans to rejig their coaching staff. The former Scotland youth coach has been in charge of the club's U23 team since 2017 but will be replaced ahead of next season. The 62-year-old managed Scotland at U17, U19 and U21 level over a six year period before returning to the Red Devils.

But the club want to move in a different direction after falling behind their rivals at youth level, report the Mirror. And Sbragia has fallen victim to the club's review of the entire set-up from the first-team down under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. He's set to be replaced by Warren Joyce, who has just left Melbourne City after two seasons at the A-League club, who are owned by Manchester City.

Joyce spent eight years as reserve team boss at Old Trafford between 2008 and 2016.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, bt50 said:

Good luck to him, nice bloke just a dud head coach.

Have you actually watched the last two seasons. Joyce was a snake with what he did to our players. Yeah nice bloke...he was a dipshit mate. I will stand up and cheer if Bruno scores against us because with what Joyce did to our best player at City so far is a disgrace. Best of luck Bruno ❤

Screenshot_20190711-134706_Instagram.jpg

20 minutes ago, XxCiTySeNxX said:

Have you actually watched the last two seasons. Joyce was a snake with what he did to our players. Yeah nice bloke...he was a dipshit mate. I will stand up and cheer if Bruno scores against us because with what Joyce did to our best player at City so far is a disgrace. Best of luck Bruno ❤

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, XxCiTySeNxX said:

I'd ignore bt50 mate, he's the biggest bandwagoner on here. Clearly just follows the club due to all our success

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 months later...

Pretty damning stuff on both the coach and club. Whilst we have never had a proper coach/manager in our ten short years, the tide may indeed have turned with the appointment of Erick Mombaerts! Let's get off to a good start tonight, Go City! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CityBoyz said:

“He didn’t believe in tactics, analysis or structure," said Kalac, who spent a year at City working under Joyce.

“Warren Joyce was a one man band and that’s one reason why he failed.”

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/joyce-was-out-of-his-depth-at-melbourne-city-claims-kalac

57 minutes ago, kiko said:

Pretty damning stuff on both the coach and club. Whilst we have never had a proper coach/manager in our ten short years, the tide may indeed have turned with the appointment of Erick Mombaerts! Let's get off to a good start tonight, Go City! 

Eventually someone from City was going to tip the bucket over Joyce, although I'm not sure that Kalac has that good a record to be the one doing it. IMO it was not people at the club here in Melbourne that can be blamed for the appointment of Joyce, rather it was City Football Group, Marwood and the four directors of Melbourne City who must take the blame, not only for his appointment in the first place but for not stepping in and bringing the player exodus to a halt.

• Like 2

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/melbourne-city-captain-scott-jamieson-hails-influence-of-former-coach-warren-joyce/news-story/e6b342a9f96eae9698df6b9d620468b3?fbclid=IwAR06SvFVahlGUeK4MaWnqiDea8LArxq7Og9Nx6wyQrrZB_6GI--zf6f36GA

jamo has come out talking positives about joyces reign.  I tend to agree that although we were shambolic for much of his tenure, the hard fucker attitude he brought to training i think has pay dividends for the people that have stayed at the club this season - especially the youngsters

25 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/melbourne-city-captain-scott-jamieson-hails-influence-of-former-coach-warren-joyce/news-story/e6b342a9f96eae9698df6b9d620468b3?fbclid=IwAR06SvFVahlGUeK4MaWnqiDea8LArxq7Og9Nx6wyQrrZB_6GI--zf6f36GA

jamo has come out talking positives about joyces reign.  I tend to agree that although we were shambolic for much of his tenure, the hard fucker attitude he brought to training i think has pay dividends for the people that have stayed at the club this season - especially the youngsters

Nothing stopped us appointing a coach who would do both. A possession based playing style, attacking football and a winning mentality are all part of the same culture we were supposedly trying to address