Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

I think you just about got it all in there Andrew Edmonds i totally agree with you about the so called coach , i cancelled our season tickets in December as we were fed up watching slow boring football from a team full of very good players and the departure of some for what / More of the same shitfully slow passing along the backline. It was like watching paint dry at times and did not look like improving any time soon .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Joyce only needs one more year to complete his work on the club. He’s not quite finished yet, as evidenced by over 4000 people turning up to a game, but surely he’ll have finished things off properly by this time next year with a season of 9-0-1 wazzaball.

I require some convincing that the attendance numbers towards the end of the season were real.

• Like 1

If this is true this club is fucked in a way I never thought it could be. Joyce signing on, shit football, Wanderers goal song, Manchester song after games, boring players, offering Berisha a multi million dollar contract (massive massive fuckwits), getting rid of Bruno. And this is just scratching the surface. Fucking small rant over. Cunts. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

If this is true this club is fucked in a way I never thought it could be. Joyce signing on, shit football, Wanderers goal song, Manchester song after games, boring players, offering Berisha a multi million dollar contract (massive massive fuckwits), getting rid of Bruno. And this is just scratching the surface. Fucking small rant over. Cunts. 

I think he’s gone if we lose tomorrow but will get an extension if we make it through. An honourable loss to Perth will be enough.

That’s my gut feeling. He should be fucked off the minute we get booted out of the finals. 

22 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Did this Berisha thing really happen? Really we have the same goal song as WSW, thought we played “jump around or something?

Edited by Mr MO

I've resigned myself to Joyce getting a one-year extension. IMO that is more likely than a termination now. The time for termination was January/February. Unfortunately, this is not only about Joyce, it's also about Marwood's judgement to appoint him in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I think he’s gone if we lose tomorrow but will get an extension if we make it through. An honourable loss to Perth will be enough.

That’s my gut feeling. He should be fucked off the minute we get booted out of the finals. 

He should be fucked off anyway. 3rd and 6th positions over two seasons with the shitest boring football. The decision should have been made already. He could win the grand final for all that we care and if that happens we take the trophy and the win and move on seperately with a new direction. 

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Did this Berisha thing really happen?

100% 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Pretty sad if you read this, good points.

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

Pretty sad if you read this, good points.

I hear myself saying and writing this and I know it brings a negative vibe to the forum which is not ideal at all, but sometimes a vent is needed. It's more out of frustration that this thing we support is not a football club, not in my eyes. And that's all I and I'm sure most of us want it to be. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I hear myself saying and writing this and I know it brings a negative vibe to the forum which is not ideal at all, but sometimes a vent is needed. It's more out of frustration that this thing we support is not a football club, not in my eyes. And that's all I and I'm sure most of us want it to be. 

IMO you don't need to apologise at all.

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

To me it’s not negative, it’s the reality!

Regarding these songs - before game, goal song and after game. Maybe it’s time for the club to put out a proper member vote. Give the club back to the fans, some feeling of involvement. If songs are true tradition members will vote for it.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO you don't need to apologise at all.

It's not an apology, but more providing rationale to my rant. 

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Regarding these songs - before game, goal song and after game. Maybe it’s time for the club to put out a proper member vote. Give the club back to the fans, some feeling of involvement. If songs are true tradition members will vote for it.

The goal song was put to a vote by members. It should never have been on the list in the beginning though. 

Edited by n i k o

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Until there is an option "None at all" my vote doesn't actually reflect my opinion at all. As with the surveys, all these questions are directed towards a particular demographic that seems fixed in the club's mind, and I don't belong to that demographic.

I remain hopeful that the new CEO will make some changes for the better. We've seen evidence of that already, and I hope it continues.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Until there is an option "None at all" my vote doesn't actually reflect my opinion at all. As with the surveys, all these questions are directed towards a particular demographic that seems fixed in the club's mind, and I don't belong to that demographic.

I remain hopeful that the new CEO will make some changes for the better. We've seen evidence of that already, and I hope it continues.

Those things are very simple.

1. You do an open vote, let everybody send in the favourites

2. The top 5 goes to a vote.

A group of guys that I have been bringing along to matches over the last 3 seasons who I helped follow City and detest Victory went to the game last night, mainly to see Honda and Toivanen.

To summarise, they loved the passion, loved the experience, loved watching exciting high quality players, visas and marquees, and loved the attack on the ball and said they have no interest in coming the city games next season.

The next part of this post was going to be a rant but there is no point because this says it all.

On 04/05/2019 at 1:22 PM, n i k o said:

On 04/05/2019 at 2:16 PM, Mr MO said:

On 04/05/2019 at 1:52 PM, n i k o said:

. It's more out of frustration that this thing we support is not a football club, not in my eyes. And that's all I and I'm sure most of us want it to be. 

Edited by playmaker

18 minutes ago, Dylan said:

And end up with Tony Wolmsley?

Appointed 2 weeks before the season starts.

Half the list to turnover, most arrive the day before the season starts.

youth players have filled in during the pre-season and FFA Cup, all have done well, all dropped for the remainder of the season for a team of journeymen.

Repeat.

• Thanks 1

Foundation member here, even followed the club to away days in each place. Also attended matches in locations like Shep, Moe.

CFG and Wozza finally lost me mid season and I cancelled auto renew membership. Too much over too many years and by the end I was only there for the mates and beers. Win or lose I had no emotion either way and that is a completely odd hollow feeling. That is not football.

Will always keep an eye on results and might flick on the broadcast every now and again next season.

• Like 1

Surely to God the 'rumors' out there of an extension was just the club playing the game to keep him interested/harmony in the group until the season ended. After we ballsed up not sacking him 6 months ago, we had to commit to ending this dog's breakfast of a season with him.

However, there is no way on earth any sort of club with any sort of ambition could extend him.

Hands down, he has to go down as the worst A-league coach in the competition's history. When you consider his output as opposed to what he had at his disposal - it is actually laughable he even lasted this long. He has single-handedly caused many of our rusted on fans, my included, to not turn up and basically turn off the sport. Not only did results nose-dive, we play the most horrific style of the game in the league, and stuck with the core group of loser players for most of the season.

Unbelievable, just unbelievable.

All we can do is keep our eyes on the club web-site and the wider internet. Some news must break soon now that our season is over. Today the twitter account just has the usual shit - "We will return #together" and "We'll be back stronger #together."

25 minutes ago, The Aardvark said:

Hopefully that was his last game because it was a fitting performance. 2 hours of boredom with about 1 shot on target and a multitude of uninspiring and completely unattacking changes only to leave with no reward. 

Vintage Joyce.

hopefully they will include a DVD of it in his going away present.

That and the bookend being the FFA Cup game vs Sydney when he first rocked up. To show the progress under his tutelage.

24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

All we can do is keep our eyes on the club web-site and the wider internet. Some news must break soon now that our season is over. Today the twitter account just has the usual shit - "We will return #together" and "We'll be back stronger #together."

And a few replies saying, in effect "not effing likely if joyce is still around." They would have to be on another planet not to have understood fan sentiment by now. Even the seagulls will bugger off next season if there aren't big changes.

Id be very curious to see the numbers who cancel membership if Joyce is extended. Hope I am wrong, but I fully expect it to be just a whole lot of hot internet air and come the crunch, which actually requires effort.....

• Like 1