Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

Tbf prior to derby I don't think many would have thought we would have had any points from those 2 games. And we should have won both. 

So maybe he has escaped the executioners axe but more likely he was never going to be sacked but just not renewed.

Interesting to speculate how that is being communicated to the players. Do they know? And is it making any difference to their decisions about staying or leaving? 

4 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Interesting to speculate how that is being communicated to the players. Do they know? And is it making any difference to their decisions about staying or leaving? 

In the past rumour had it that players who weren't going to be offered new contracts were told of same in February, and IIRC JvS advised the players that he was not going to continue at the end of his first tenure at about this time in the season. He's the only one who's gone to the end of a contract so far.

7 hours ago, Harrison said:

The information I and others had was that he had been sacked weeks ago. 

Clearly something has changed though. I have no idea what but there’s got to be a reason.

How substantial were those rumors?

Daresay they will stick with Joyce until pack up end of season. Count your losses and start again.

Of course he should have already been fired - weeks even months ago. 

15 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

How substantial were those rumors?

Daresay they will stick with Joyce until pack up end of season. Count your losses and start again.

Of course he should have already been fired - weeks even months ago. 

Agree! 

Maybe he sold them a story where he coaches the year out.

But really I doubt he's been sacked, because he wouldnt be there if he was.

4 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

This season, we've only gotten 1 point (out of a possible 6) off this mariners team which just lost 8 - 2 to the Nix. Still embarrassed by that loss. 

And we're the only club that has lost to Central Coast this season. We look like we'll finish seventh. 

12 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

If we drop to 7th in next fortnight will old pal Joycey be gone then?

He should have been long gone already, damage done. Another season under the big top with us as spectators and CFG putting on an illusion full of clowns and circus freaks.

CFG is a virus eating away at the soul of our club.

17 minutes ago, playmaker said:

He should have been long gone already, damage done. Another season under the big top with us as spectators and CFG putting on an illusion full of clowns and circus freaks.

CFG is a virus eating away at the soul of our club.

I do not disagree. However he has yet to be let go - perhaps on the hope of a good finals run? If thats gone then who knows. We all want him gone. Time to fuck him off its killing our club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

And we're the only club that has lost to Central Coast this season. We look like we'll finish seventh. 

I wouldn't even be sure of that now.

IMO it doesn't really matter what happens from here on. It's another season wasted. Joyce has fallen out with so many players, and there have been so many departures that we are fielding mediocre teams now. No young players have made it through ready to be off-loaded to Manchester, so we have failed on all fronts.

It's not just Joyce. Everything he's done is permitted or encouraged by those above him. They are equally incompetent and guilty in my book.

Joyce out. CFG out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I just don't know how this guy survives. We've lost to Central Coast, - their only win of the season, - and to Brisbane - one of their measly three wins. We've taken 3 points out of the past 18. What more does it take?

We lose 8-2 to Sydney and drop out of the 6 and he'll still remain in the coaching position. There'll still be muppets on Facebook defending him.

The franchise will extend his contract or find another cookie cutter journeyman coach to replace him

24 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We lose 8-2 to Sydney and drop out of the 6 and he'll still remain in the coaching position. There'll still be muppets on Facebook defending him.

The franchise will extend his contract or find another cookie cutter journeyman coach to replace him

The longer this farce continues the more evidence of farcical management and severe lack of desire to dominate becomes obvious. CFG has not delivered on promises, and all signs point towards much of the same shit going forward.

I feel like this is their leverage. They want an independent A League. They want to be handed the opportunity to build something in Aus. Until then they will continue to undermine the league by severely underperforming and systemically underinvesting.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

and all signs point towards much of the same shit going forward.

That was very much clear when you appoint Munns right hand as the new CEO, this guy is partly responsible for the current mess and has been here for many years.

Edited by Mr MO

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

That was very much clear when you appoint Munns right hand as the new CEO, this guy is partly responsible for the current mess and has been here for many years.

One of many troubling signs.

CFGs promises meant our support should become easier over time as the team continued to progress.

The reality is that the team has regressed and supporting the team has become more difficult as time goes on.

On 10/03/2019 at 8:09 PM, Afif Adam said:

currently waiting for CCM to announce WJ as their new manager around midnight, so we can announce Kisnorbo as a replacement 

Kisnorbo is just as much a cancer as Joyce. Thinks of no-one but himself and you can take that to the bank.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Is that right

Assistant at best, just. Probably reads this and jacks off to comments about himself. Two faced and as stated, thinks of himself before the club. Probably not hard to work out that I think he’s a knob of a person. But my feelings about his coaching ability wouldn’t change even if I thought he was a personable human being.

40 minutes ago, dconder13 said:

Are you Warren in disguise 

3 hours ago, haz said:

Go to sleep Warren

Haha, obviously a personal opinion doesn’t sit well with some. I could easily ask if you two are one but I won’t bother. Joyce is not a coach’s asshole with his mind game shite, but Kisnorbo is no better, and him at the helm would make a toxic environment at the Club a nuclear waste facility. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mork said:

Haha, obviously a personal opinion doesn’t sit well with some. I could easily ask if you two are one but I won’t bother. Joyce is not a coach’s asshole with his mind game shite, but Kisnorbo is no better, and him at the helm would make a toxic environment at the Club a nuclear waste facility. 

Some very 'explosive' comments from you on PK. He's widely regarded (and revered on here) as a club legend. I'd like to know some context around those comments, especially why or hat has happened for you to feel the way you do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mork said:

Hi Mork, as you haven't posted much such comments obviously grab our attention! I gather you are close to the club or have worked with Kisnorbo?

Kisnorbo's resume shows that he is a good technician, great leader, resilient on and off the field, has captained and led top flight team's with a glowing reputation from all the administrators and players.

Basically he has all the qualities that Wazza hasn't.

I would be happy if he managed our team for the rest of the season.

Mork's opinion is baseless and trash.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Hi Mork, as you haven't posted much such comments obviously grab our attention! I gather you are close to the club or have worked with Kisnorbo?

Hi Mr MO, I’m not about grabbing anyone’s attention, even though it may seem that way. Put it this way, as a coach I would have PK lead the line as Captain, as he was, he wasn’t the best player but he was the best fit as Captain at the time, he would do the work on the field, granted. That doesn’t mean that his ability to Captain a side automatically means he can coach it. The man is a buffoon on the sidelines. I wonder how many “experts” have actually seen the bloke coach, instead of stargazing. Funnily enough I watched a W-League match on the TV and the commentators were both perplexed by the absolute hogwash he was yelling at the girls, and here I thought I was the only one, that team almost crashed and burned if not for the quality on the pitch, not for the genius on the sideline, there’s a difference. As for my opinions on him as a person, I know what I know. I’m happy to concede if I’m wrong, but he would be kept well away from any senior group if I had a say.

• Like 2

On 12/03/2019 at 3:23 PM, playmaker said:

Kisnorbo's resume shows that he is a good technician, great leader, resilient on and off the field, has captained and led top flight team's with a glowing reputation from all the administrators and players.

Basically he has all the qualities that Wazza hasn't.

I would be happy if he managed our team for the rest of the season.

Mork's opinion is baseless and trash.

Each to their own.

But be careful what you wish for playmaker, you might be left with egg on your face.......again!!!

4 hours ago, Mork said:

Each to their own.

But be careful what you wish for playmaker, you might be left with egg on your face.......again!!!

Hey City Troll, just tell Wazza to buy a ticket back home and leave. No-one wants him here and everyone would have Kisnorbo finishing off the season instead of him in a heartbeat.

CFG getting desperate now and trolling forums with NPCs. How low can you go?

Hey I have an idea, why don't we make you an administrator so you can censor here like you did CityVoice. That worked well didn't it.

Again your opinion is baseless and trash.

Carry on NPC as I will wait for your response in a day or so after you consult with Pierce.

Screenshot_20190313-234628.thumb.jpg.2f41a59938551b0a0a95f252f3317780.jpg

9 hours ago, playmaker said:

Hey City Troll, just tell Wazza to buy a ticket back home and leave. No-one wants him here and everyone would have Kisnorbo finishing off the season instead of him in a heartbeat.

Hey I have an idea, why don't we make you an administrator so you can censor here like you did CityVoice. That worked well didn't it.

Carry on NPC as I will wait for your response in a day or so after you consult with Pierce.

Devil's advocate here, why is everyone with a different view to you a cfg troll? I've not heard great things about Paddy Kisnorbo as a human either tbh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, playmaker said:

Haha, did I strike a chord champ?

NPC huh? Well I had to look it up because I didn’t know what it was. I’m old enough to understand the connotation behind it, yet not quite old enough to have played enough video games to know it inside out (There’s a joke in there too...just in case you missed it). If that’s how you feel about my opinion then that’s fine, I really don’t give a shit, I’m sure some of the other forumites enjoy the to and fro.

You’re a stargazer bud.....and get a better haircut.👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

Have heard there is "restructuring" going on at the club, wouldnt surprise me if Joyce still remains but no longer in his current capacity but more so with youth development

Ah to quote a famous phrase for when Melbourne Knights changed a coach 30 years ago or so "we no sack him we give him yut (youth) job" 

48 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

Have heard there is "restructuring" going on at the club, wouldnt surprise me if Joyce still remains but no longer in his current capacity but more so with youth development

I’ve actually brought this up on this forum not ago. I’ve got no inside info but I’m surprised that the club is looking into something like. After all you have to put people in positions where their strength lies, and for Joyce that isn’t at senior football.