Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

No forward movement, no dummy runs and willingness to take a man on.

If we win the ball in the midfield we quickly realise we don't have the numbers to attack, so we stop... literally. We stand on the ball and look around. Suddenly 5 players appear from behind the ball but they don't run forward of the ball holder. As a result the ball is passed sideways, then backwards, repeat etc. That is the pattern of 90% of our possession.

A fucking bonobo could work out that forward movement has been the recipe for success for teams this season. Joyce's football IQ is unbelievably bad. 

12 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

No forward movement, no dummy runs and willingness to take a man on.

If we win the ball in the midfield we quickly realise we don't have the numbers to attack, so we stop... literally. We stand on the ball and look around. Suddenly 5 players appear from behind the ball but they don't run forward of the ball holder. As a result the ball is passed sideways, then backwards, repeat etc. That is the pattern of 90% of our possession.

A fucking bonobo could work out that forward movement has been the recipe for success for teams this season. Joyce's football IQ is unbelievably bad. 

It basically caused by having essentially 7 players (6 plus keeper) behind the ball all the fucking time. 

The whole basic premise of playing 2 holders is to push you full backs ahead of the ball carrier to create overloads on the final line, but what we do is we have our holders sit and play through them sideways until our fullback becomes the carrier. He should be beyond the ball cutting behind their fullback looking for a through ball. 

It's just fucked up and against 10 was even more fucked.

• Like 3

There was one piece of play last night that summed up Joyce tactics 

After a beautiful passing sequence of going sideways for about 2 minutes, Jamo finally ran forward and tried to cross. Broxham blocked it went out for a throw in

Joyce yelled out to Jamo and pointed at baccus who was in his usual spot about 20 metres back, no doubt waiting for a pass so he could give it to Griffiths etc

Jamo picked the ball up and looked up at the sky and shook his head

The players are starting to look like they have had enough of this

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, neio said:

After a beautiful passing sequence of going sideways for about 2 minutes, Jamo finally ran forward and tried to cross. Broxham blocked it went out for a throw in

Joyce yelled out to Jamo and pointed at baccus who was in his usual spot about 20 metres back, no doubt waiting for a pass so he could give it to Griffiths etc

No shit??? Never really focus on Joyce at the game but that is damming. 

1 hour ago, neio said:

So there was quite a bit of heat between Jamo and Joyce lastnight. Other thing is that Jamo was obviously told not to cross with the same regularity like he has been. Instead he 90% reworked the ball to baccus and griff and brattan etc. He was frustrated and arguing about limited attacking options. He wants what the fans want and seems disillusioned by the system of play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neio said:

I’ve always had a bit of a feel that managers who play a defensive style and who bark orders constantly from the side lines are only tolerated by players for so long and then it can turn very sour very quickly.

oh and of course managers of whom the majority of their career has been youth coaching are the ones who are usually like this

Edited by Dylan

12 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

So there was quite a bit of heat between Jamo and Joyce lastnight. Other thing is that Jamo was obviously told not to cross with the same regularity like he has been. Instead he 90% reworked the ball to baccus and griff and brattan etc. He was frustrated and arguing about limited attacking options. He wants what the fans want and seems disillusioned by the system of play.

TBF Joyce may have just been telling Jamo not to cross because Jamo is more likely to put it out than get it in the box.

Regardless, #JoyceOut

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Ye pretty much, if he isn't sacked today we're gonna have to call on Perth to save this club and pump us 4-0.

Surely it'll be curtains after that.

I'm usually the most optimistic of people but I think the result on Saturday night would have deflated the team massively and as such, I can't see us winning.

I don't think even a management change this week will help.

15 minutes ago, rass said:

I'm usually the most optimistic of people but I think the result on Saturday night would have deflated the team massively and as such, I can't see us winning.

I don't think even a management change this week will help.

I don’t think a management change can make much difference to this season, but it will stop Joyce having an influence on who we sign for next season and allow us more time to select his replacement 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

I don’t think a management change can make much difference to this season, but it will stop Joyce having an influence on who we sign for next season and allow us more time to select his replacement 

I'm not sure that CFG will even make the change before the end of the season, and with every match that they delay IMO it's less likely it will happen. If we hang on to a finals place they can say to Joyce that he was given every chance and look perfectly reasonable in not extending his contract. It's "brand image" that counts more than anything else.

Just look at Munn - his departure isn't happening immediately.

"Immediate" decisions just don't seem to be CFG's style.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm not sure that CFG will even make the change before the end of the season, and with every match that they delay IMO it's less likely it will happen. If we hang on to a finals place they can say to Joyce that he was given every chance and look perfectly reasonable in not extending his contract. It's "brand image" that counts more than anything else.

Just look at Munn - his departure isn't happening immediately.

"Immediate" decisions just don't seem to be CFG's style.

Working on an exit package. As you can imagine he'll be asking for every cent he can get out of CFG. Luckily the club won't have to pay out an entire back room staff as they do in Europe 

Can't see Wazza being sacked before the end of the season regardless what happens. Two things, CFG want to see if we can win the GF and get into the ACL then give their blessing to Wazza and commend him on our first GF win ever or we are completely embarrassed leading up to the finals and all the more incentive for CFG to send him on his way no questions asked. Regardless, he won't be our manager next season.

12 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Working on an exit package. As you can imagine he'll be asking for every cent he can get out of CFG. Luckily the club won't have to pay out an entire back room staff as they do in Europe 

You know this as a fact or are you just speculating?

I have also been told extremely reliably he was informed in the days prior to the derby that contract will not be renewed but announcement will be withheld. Until when is the question.

Munn is also no longer just skating on thin ice. A loud cracking sound has reverberated around the parent club.

And I have never made a claim to be in the know before if that helps!

26 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

I have also been told extremely reliably he was informed in the days prior to the derby that contract will not be renewed but announcement will be withheld. Until when is the question.

Munn is also no longer just skating on thin ice. A loud cracking sound has reverberated around the parent club.

And I have never made a claim to be in the know before if that helps!

Seems pretty clear that they'd rather just let this season runs its course. If they sack Joyce now, they have to pay him out and pay another manager to come in. Leaving Joyce to plot his own downfall seems to be the plan.

Failing to see how Munn would be on notice since he's essentially just been promoted within CFG, thoough?

46 minutes ago, Harrison said:

If that's a genuine screen shot then someone in the PR department went too early. And no media outlet appears to have picked it up. I'm finding it hard to believe that it's genuine.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

I call bullshit.

Website below shows the Team News article next to the Matilda one, dated 21/2/2019. If the article was real about Joyce, it would have been next to it and not over the top of it.

I reckon someone has very cleverly overlaid the Harrison pic and Team News article with the Joyce one.

image.png.1415d4b5d3552b56abf3991989fd3f80.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

I call bullshit.

Website below shows the Team News article next to the Matilda one, dated 21/2/2019. If the article was real about Joyce, it would have been next to it and not over the top of it.

I reckon someone has very cleverly overlaid the Harrison pic and Team News article with the Joyce one.

image.png.1415d4b5d3552b56abf3991989fd3f80.png

I agree. The Joyce pic would have been to the left of the Harrison pic, not to the left of the Matilda. The pics appear in sequence.

Good effort, but not genuine.