Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

All he gave a shit about in the press conference was possession. Who gives a flying fk about possession. If we have 60% and dont break and score then what's the point. Sydney had 40% and they broke us apart. Possession means jack shit in football. 

This coach is here to develop youth probably so he sells them off to Manchester. Piss this dick knob off

1 hour ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

All he gave a shit about in the press conference was possession. Who gives a flying fk about possession. If we have 60% and dont break and score then what's the point. Sydney had 40% and they broke us apart. Possession means jack shit in football. 

This coach is here to develop youth probably so he sells them off to Manchester. Piss this dick knob off

The worrying thing is that he's talking about it like we were in the game and competitive. The smurfs controlled the style and pace of the game from the first minute. We are the Washington Generals of the A-League, we never looked like we were going to win

5 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Why not give Kisnorbo a shot , he could not be any worse than Wazza. Remember he always gave his all for the shirt and i think he would coach the same way.

I'm confident if Waz got the sack during the season, Kisnorbo would be caretaker. Hopefully not Vidosic or the other assistant

• Like 1

This is a typical fatal flaw with defensive/ counter attacking coaches.

if you don’t get consistent results you’ve got nothing. 

We are supposed an attacking and entertaining type of a football club. That has completely gone. Can’t trust an Anglo manager to produce it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dylan said:

We are supposed an attacking and entertaining type of a football club. That has completely gone. Can’t trust an Anglo manager to produce it

IMO that's quite incorrect. There are quite a few decent managers in the English and other UK football worlds. And while they may not have an official salary cap, many of the clubs are poverty stricken and these managers are very familiar with very limited budgets. The problem I see is that CFG has a fixed agenda, is inflexible, and people such as Marwood prefer to work through their "old boy" network than run a proper search for the best person to do the job.

not sure I understand the argument that CFG are this rigid mob, who really run the show and Munn and co are puppets with their hands tied etc.

I think the evidence points to the exact opposite - Wazza is not a CFG type and does not play the style they would endorse at all. I think CFG actually got taken for the ride by Munn and co and have jumped at shadows - agreeing to go back to defensive basics and effectively going against what they are trying to stand for globally.

Wazza just makes no sense to me. Plays a terrible brand, doesn't even use all his subs which goes against the youth argument. And this is 180 degrees to the global desires of the brand.

CFG need to wake up and concede that the A-league, whilst not the greatest in the world, is a very different beast and must be approached differently. 

2 positions need to be addressed ASAP - we need the best, proven A-league experienced CEO. Just buy him - he will drive the club, the culture and people!

We then go back to basics and get the best, proven A-league experienced coach we can. 

Everything else can flow from there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CityHeart said:

not sure I understand the argument that CFG are this rigid mob, who really run the show and Munn and co are puppets with their hands tied etc.

I think the evidence points to the exact opposite - Wazza is not a CFG type and does not play the style they would endorse at all. I think CFG actually got taken for the ride by Munn and co and have jumped at shadows - agreeing to go back to defensive basics and effectively going against what they are trying to stand for globally.

Wazza just makes no sense to me. Plays a terrible brand, doesn't even use all his subs which goes against the youth argument. And this is 180 degrees to the global desires of the brand.

CFG need to wake up and concede that the A-league, whilst not the greatest in the world, is a very different beast and must be approached differently. 

2 positions need to be addressed ASAP - we need the best, proven A-league experienced CEO. Just buy him - he will drive the club, the culture and people!

We then go back to basics and get the best, proven A-league experienced coach we can. 

Everything else can flow from there.

101% correct. Munn is a cancer to the club and has to go with Joyce!

• 3 weeks later...

Joyce was and is suited to be a youth coach. To sift through scores of young hopefuls, and work them hard until only those with real desire to be footballers actually survive. Results don't count for a youth coach.

Joyce is a problem, but he's not the only one at Melbourne City. The club has a poor culture, demonstrated time and time again. It is my belief that we will never be any good under CFG. Manchester City only win titles because they buy them.

A change in owner is our only hope.

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Joyce was and is suited to be a youth coach. To sift through scores of young hopefuls, and work them hard until only those with real desire to be footballers actually survive. Results don't count for a youth coach.

Joyce is a problem, but he's not the only one at Melbourne City. The club has a poor culture, demonstrated time and time again. It is my belief that we will never be any good under CFG. Manchester City only win titles because they buy them.

JW has turned negative. Yep that means we are fooked!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

100% this. The reason we’re lumped with Joyce is so he can develop kids for CFG to sell, that’s it.

Is it time for a JOYCE OUT tifo type thing in the terrace? Usually we wait to long and are to respectful to the man in charge, CFG want to give us this spud as a manager, maybe we can get our backs up for a change and send a message to CFG!!! I almost fell asleep on the couch watching that shit, not exciting, no goals, players look like they cant express themselves and take initiatives upon themselves, BORING!!! The worst part of this is that Warren thinks we played well FMD you plonker. Your game style is shit, your putting players offside and some have been forced out and left. Im not sure how bad the culture was or still is, but from the outside looking in there are some decent human beings in that dressing room so im not sure that there is a culture issue. Anyways #JOYCEOUT 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, playmaker said:

Now hopefully you can all see my off season rants were true.

They are all a pack of liars, don't give a crap about us and are using the acquisition as a puppy farm.

Piss off CFG. Gtfo

I don't care if they use the franchise as a puppy farm... if we win.

Winning doesn't seem to matter to CFG

#JoyceOut

Let’s say that our defence and midfield are on par with the rest of the competition - you will quickly find that the difference is just the lack in quality of the 4 forwards including AM. Analysing this even more Atkinson, McGree, Wales are all out of position and Frenchie is too light for this league. It all comes down to poor recruitment and team selection. Realistically we can’t do much more with the current team sheet besides bringing Bruno back. 

People also overrate Jamieson too much, as shown last night we are still waiting for a good cross in the box since 2016.

• Like 1

We have had 5 games so we can have a good look squad now. We have alot of solid players that arnt stars. Galekovic, Jamieson, Delbridge, baccus, Brattan, Griffiths, Vidosic, Caceras, Wales. These players will only take us so far. Yes we need some of them as you can't have 11 stars, and these players will keep us competitive for a majority of games, and probably get us to a top 6 spot. But there is a severe lack of star quality on our team. 

We are one of the worst teams to watch. Only the Nix and maybe CCM are shitter. 

Harry Kewel is without a club, Okon is a douche but had CCM playing some very nice football, Gombau is worth a shout and Kisnorbo surely could do a better job, hell even Archie Thompson seems to have more coaching logic then Wazza. 

7 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

We are one of the worst teams to watch. Only the Nix and maybe CCM are shitter. 

Harry Kewel is without a club, Okon is a douche but had CCM playing some very nice football, Gombau is worth a shout and Kisnorbo surely could do a better job, hell even Archie Thompson seems to have more coaching logic then Wazza. 

I suspect that any decent manager would be very wary of coming to City knowing that he would not have a free hand with CFG sitting on top of him.

Joyce is Marwood's puppet (as are Petrillo and Munn). Doing what he's told to do. Marwood hired him and I'll bet only Marwood can fire him.

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Would that be an improvement? Somehow I don't think so.

Are you kidding? Even you or I would be an improvement. We have to get rid of this crazy school teacher, times is up no more excuses. You could see it coming they way the squad was put together, completely ignoring the forward line.

Last season was already extremely frustrating to watch and with his dumb substitutions, credit was given for not having his own picked team - this season time is up!

Edited by Mr MO

10 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Long off season with many departures.

If anyone had half a brain at our club they would be pissing off Joyce and a quarter of our list and actually getting players that we need in the January transfer. Maybe just maybe we can turn this around.

Edited by playmaker