Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

10 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

I wouldn't take him back because his record was woeful, forget anything else.

Quite apart from that, IMO City has to make some "statements of intent" with both our new manager and the player signings we make for 2017/18 and beyond. Recycling an A-League manager and A-League players isn't going to help our club connect with the people of Melbourne. I may be completely wrong, and I may still be suffering from the disappointment of our ignominious end to 2016/17, but I don't sense from our PR that we're really pushing CFG hard enough to get what we need.

Edited by jw1739

Can't believe Aloisi is even being discussed tbh. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the other names being thrown around. It would be the worst signing in the history of the club and a massive backwards step. Just the lack of logic in discussing him baffles me.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Can't believe Aloisi is even being discussed tbh. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the other names being thrown around. It would be the worst signing in the history of the club and a massive backwards step. Just the lack of logic in discussing him baffles me.

i think the point has been lost in discussion.  i raised aloisi upon reflecting upon the dearth of suitable Australian candidates.  immediately before saying that i feel there are no current available Australian managers that i think have what the clubs needs right now to sort out the mens team.  so no one i have seen has seriously raised aloisi as an option at this time. calm your farm.

• Like 1

Aloisi record as coach in 39 games with the Heart was eight wins, seven draws and 24 losses. 

We should be thinking about a European Coach like Pardew who is rumoured to come and would be a great coach to have

Reading
West Ham United
Southampton
Crystal Palace

Individual

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx

20 minutes ago, 3 Points said:

Media reports have been saying that new manager will be announced end of May. Can we start the countdown now? 3 days to go. Within 72 hours we should know. 

Knowing CFG we won't hear anything until end of June

• Like 4

22 hours ago, nah brah said:

i think the point has been lost in discussion.  i raised aloisi upon reflecting upon the dearth of suitable Australian candidates. aloisi as an option at this time. calm your farm.

On 05/27/2017 at 5:12 PM, nah brah said:

i would take aloisi back.

Hmmm, OK then. I must be seeing things.

As for calming my farm, I don't think so; I don't want to see another 3 years wasted and the aloisi nutbags would definitely be a disaster.

This club needs to reset and the legacies of the past need to be eliminated. As I said previously , those cancerous fools shouldn't even be mentioned.

If our club gets this part right, then we will be well on the way to laying a foundation for future prosperity through a change in culture.

We need a manager with authority, respect, and a great leader of men to lead our team to the next level, and none of these attributes exist in those cancerous, sniggering fools.

I'm with @xXCiTyZeNXx on this one, Pardew has shown, statistically at least, that he fits the bill by bringing multiple teams to a higher level in the past, but I don't know much about him tbh. If anyone does, I would like to hear about him.

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Drove past CFA today, seemed to be a bit of activity going on......

Wasn't a removals truck taking the last pieces of furniture and closing the place down was it?

Seriously though, does anyone know whether Messrs. Munn and Petrillo are back home yet?

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

Hmmm, OK then. I must be seeing things.

As for calming my farm, I don't think so; I don't want to see another 3 years wasted and the aloisi nutbags would definitely be a disaster.

This club needs to reset and the legacies of the past need to be eliminated. As I said previously , those cancerous fools shouldn't even be mentioned.

If our club gets this part right, then we will be well on the way to laying a foundation for future prosperity through a change in culture.

We need a manager with authority, respect, and a great leader of men to lead our team to the next level, and none of these attributes exist in those cancerous, sniggering fools.

I'm with @xXCiTyZeNXx on this one, Pardew has shown, statistically at least, that he fits the bill by bringing multiple teams to a higher level in the past, but I don't know much about him tbh. If anyone does, I would like to hear about him.

i would take aloisi over pardew.  pardew is shit.  ran the team down at newcastle. almost got crystal palace relegated with a mid table squad.  his squads under achieve.  he would not cope in a salary cap environment.  i will also never forgive him for driving jedinak out.  

someone said earlier in the thread that the 30th is a potential date for the decision to be made.   it better be.  we only have 4 or 5 months left until kick off.............

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Other sources are saying that he's happy to coach SM if they obtain entry to the A-League.

e.g. http://outside90.com/south-melbourne-demanding-a-league-place-with-roberto-carlos-in-charge-148/

I'm probably behind the times, but I thought that the A-League suspended all talk of adding teams a few weeks after suggesting they were looking for bids?

8 hours ago, Falastur said:

I'm probably behind the times, but I thought that the A-League suspended all talk of adding teams a few weeks after suggesting they were looking for bids?

Nope spot on. It is pretty much a pointless exercise unless Carlos is willing to Coach at the NPL level.

13 hours ago, Falastur said:

My understanding from various FFA statements, comments by Gallop etc. is that expansion won't happen before season 2018/19, that it is very much dependent on the criteria for new clubs, and that those criteria are very much dependent on the "new funding model" that FFA is supposedly working on. Progress on the latter seem to be painful and slow. At the same time FFA is "trying to " re-organise itself but there doesn't seem very much that is tangible coming out of that either. TBH, what I've seen so far is that FFA doesn't really have any vision for the A-League.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InMyHeart said:

Not annoucing new manager before prize freeze. 
Running the club like a fkn joke, gutless pricks

Certainly doesn't feel as though there are going to be any announcements any time soon, either on a new manager or on any new signings. It's the CFG way, I suppose.

1 hour ago, AlwaysHeart said:

Roy Keane has been linked to the club. Would be very happy with seeing him become manager his name would lift membership numbers. 

By whom? Just more speculation. I can't see RK fitting into CFG at all - he'd fall out with someone after less than 5 minutes in the job.