Melbourne Football

Rd14 Vs WSW @ Aami 7.50 p.m. Friday 6th Jan 2017

neio

40% possession, Bruno hat trick, and a Cahill header from a Colazo cross. 4 0. The way it should have been all along.

Thomas

Chich Malik Jakobsen. Tongik. Colazo

Kilkenny Brattan

Caceras

Timmy.     Bruno

Edited by playmaker

1 hour ago, neio said:

Team I'd like to see

Sorenson 

Franjic.        Jakobsen.      Tongyik.     Muscat

Kamau.       Kilkenny.        Brattan.      Colazo

Fornaroli.        Cahill

Bouzanis Chapman Arzani Caceras Fitzgerald 

Definitely Sorenson  in before Bouzanis.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neio said:

Team I'd like to see

Sorenson 

Franjic.        Jakobsen.      Tongyik.     Muscat

Kamau.       Kilkenny.        Brattan.      Colazo

Fornaroli.        Cahill

Bouzanis Chapman Arzani Caceras Fitzgerald 

Just shows how strong our starting XI and subs could be, (Brandan for Arzani when his suspension is over)

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cityfan200 said:

Hi all, 

Been a city fan for a while but has always been incredibly difficult for me to get to games but I am finally going to my first game this friday. Any general tips to ensure i have a good time or anything you guys think I should know before I go?

Thanks and go city!!

Get to the Mt View for a drink and introduce yourself to a few other fans pre-game. Always helps to know people when you go.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cityfan200 said:

Hi all, 

Been a city fan for a while but has always been incredibly difficult for me to get to games but I am finally going to my first game this friday. Any general tips to ensure i have a good time or anything you guys think I should know before I go?

Thanks and go city!!

Take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror. 

IS THIS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO DO?

If yes make sure you have a good support network in place and good luck. Don't forget to try a Bratwurst. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, neio said:

Malik and jakobsen good to go week apparently, doubt both will start but to have them both back will be great 

Best possible news for a new coach.  Means he can pretty much select what he thinks is his best team and formation for this game.  And we'll see what he's wanting to do.  Players surely will be up for this, they will want to make sure they are in his plans.

2 hours ago, Cityfan200 said:

Hi all, 

Thanks and go city!!

Bring Cheezels. Get a sausage from the sausage stand. Bring a friend or two. We could use the numbers.

• Like 1

Melbourne City FC Squad:  1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3.Josh ROSE, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 9.Nicolas COLAZO, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 14.Daniel ARZANI, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI (c), 26.Luke BRATTAN,

**two to be omitted**

Ins:  3.Josh ROSE (promoted), 2.Manny MUSCAT (promoted), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (returns from injury), 6.Osama MALIK (returns from injury)

Outs:  34.Denis GENREAU (omitted), 4.Connor CHAPMAN (omitted)

10 minutes ago, neio said:

Melbourne City FC Squad:  1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3.Josh ROSE, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 9.Nicolas COLAZO, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 14.Daniel ARZANI, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI (c), 26.Luke BRATTAN,

**two to be omitted**

Ins:  3.Josh ROSE (promoted), 2.Manny MUSCAT (promoted), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (returns from injury), 6.Osama MALIK (returns from injury)

Bouzanis

Franjic     Jakobsen     Tongyik     Colazo

Kilkenny

Brattan         Cahill

Kamau               Fornaroli         Fitzgerald

INT Sorensen Muscat Malik Arzani Caceres

44 minutes ago, neio said:

**two to be omitted**

Looks like Chapman will be gone this window.

As Valkanis has said he will continue JVS' style of play, I expect 3 at the back as usual, with 2 goals conceded.

21 minutes ago, n i k o said:

You predicting a 4-3-3 @bt50??

Yeh i think so given we have defensive stock back. If we go 3-4-3 then bring Caceres in for Tongyik. Sorensen for Bouzanis a distinct possibility although i reckon Valk will keeo Bouzanis in.

Pretty confident we'll brain them this week tbh. 2 or 3 nil with our best performance since the first derby. Touch wood.

11 minutes ago, haz said:

As Valkanis has said he will continue JVS' style of play, I expect 3 at the back as usual, with 2 goals conceded.

It's exactly a year since we re-signed Retre, Chapman, Clisby and Melling until the end of 2017-18.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/quartet-re-sign-with-city/1fpgthjv9kpk41caikk45ioit8

Clisby and Melling already gone, Chapman at the bottom of the list for defensive choices. Some of our decision-making has been truly terrible.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It's exactly a year since we re-signed Retre, Chapman, Clisby and Melling until the end of 2017-18.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/quartet-re-sign-with-city/1fpgthjv9kpk41caikk45ioit8

Clisby and Melling already gone, Chapman at the bottom of the list for defensive choices. Some of our decision-making has been truly terrible.

Not really. Clisby and Melling's contracts were immediately bought out by WSW and Chapman and Retre have both played roles this year, despite both presumably being paid low wages.

2 hours ago, haz said:

Re Chapman, that was my thought too when I saw him omitted.  He's been seemingly untouchable for weeks (untouchable as in bargepole rather than brilliant...).  Just interested to see who comes in, as I imagine that some of these deals will have been set up for a while.

Sorensen

Franjic.  Jakobsen  Tongyik  Muscat

Malik          Kilkenny

Bruno.           Brattan.       Colazo

Cahill

I'm a Gooner after all - 4-2-3-1 in my blood. Cahill and Bruno to float and swap positions and Kamau first cab off the rank if we need more speed. More defensive than above but I'm sick of gifting goals to the opposition. Time to tighten up at the back. 

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Re Chapman, that was my thought too when I saw him omitted.  He's been seemingly untouchable for weeks (untouchable as in bargepole rather than brilliant...).  Just interested to see who comes in, as I imagine that some of these deals will have been set up for a while.

Off to CCM apparently.