Melbourne Football

Rd14 Vs WSW @ Aami 7.50 p.m. Friday 6th Jan 2017

neio

We'll concede late as usual so either a draw or a loss. JVS will have his usual bizarre selections and substitutions and as usual we'll unsuccessfully try to impose our game on the opposition. JVS will blame the players as usual, JVS will remain the coach as usual, season almost over as usual. The only change is that I'm unlikely to be bothered to go to the match.

Edited by belaguttman

Our recent form suggests strongly that if JvS persists with his idiotic game plan we will concede at least one and probably two goals. At 5-5-3 for this season and a shameful 2-3-8 league record against the Wanderers I'm not hopeful of a good result for us.

We tick over half-way into our season with this match, and after this one only five of the remaining 13 matches are at AAMI. I'm afraid that I think our season is already over, but we'll be at the match as usual.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Our recent form suggests strongly that if JvS persists with his idiotic game plan we will concede at least one and probably two goals. At 5-5-3 for this season and a shameful 2-3-8 league record against the Wanderers I'm not hopeful of a good result for us.

We tick over half-way into our season with this match, and after this one only five of the remaining 13 matches are at AAMI. I'm afraid that I think our season is already over, but we'll be at the match as usual.

I agree, we are only going to have a chance of winning if we can score at least 3 goals a game and even then against Perth it only got us a draw

terrible thing to say, but in a way I couldn't be fucked going to this, just as likely to watch it on the box

I was chatting a neighbour who is a Victory supporter, he was waxing enthusiastically about how good our playing list was, he says it's far superior to Victory's

I had to remind him of Mr 33%

10 minutes ago, japiedog said:

terrible thing to say, but in a way I couldn't be fucked going to this, just as likely to watch it on the box

7 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

Ditto.

Miserable bastards. Get along and support the boys.

P.S. Had too much Pinot with my pizza tonight.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well now, there's a coincidence. Mine too.

Melbourne city worked out that most of their members have their birthdays on this day, thats why they specifically ask for this date every year, so they can make our lives as miserable as possible (not that we aren't suffering enough currently)

Sounds like the works of JVS to me

I'm going for the win here.

do the Wanderers even have a striker on the books for this game? Lol

i think we will escape with a 1-0 win, the clean sheet will only come because Martinez will set up about 6 clear cut chances for the Wanderers where they have nobody ahead of him to finish, we will score off a Cahill header or a dodgy penalty,

there ya go I've given you the outcome, don't waste your time rocking up to this jvs nonsense.

I don't think we'll see anything radically different from a team personnel/structure perspective other than perhaps an emphasis to move the ball a bit quicker. That will come when we hire someone permanently. 

The biggest difference we'll see will be from the players attitudes themselves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rass said:

I don't think we'll see anything radically different from a team personnel/structure perspective other than perhaps an emphasis to move the ball a bit quicker. That will come when we hire someone permanently. 

The biggest difference we'll see will be from the players attitudes themselves.

Exactly. The team will still try and play the "CFG Way"  but it will be interesting to see what sort of motivation and tactic tweaking a new coach can do for the team.

I think it will take a few games though to get rid of the JVS mindset.

Edited by haz

54 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I usually go to games with my brother and my girlfriend. My brother is working and me and my girlfriend broke up a couple of weeks ago. I'll be at the pub for pregame looking for friends so somebody please say g'day and have a pint with me :up:

Come up to the rooftop and have a beer with us mate, should be easy enough to spot

• Like 1