Melbourne Football

Rd. 13 vs. Central Coast, Sat 31st Dec, Gosford 7.00 pm

jw1739

10 minutes ago, neio said:

Perfect opportunity to try 5 at the back as we haven't done it yet,  and it seems like a good idea to throw another formation at the players 

I think the problem is more who the 5 would be. But I agree we should try something different. Being an old fashioned buzzard I'd revert to 4-2-4 myself.

Sorensen;
Franjic, Jakobsen/Chapman, Tongyik, Colazo;
Kilkenny, Brattan;
Kamau, Cahill, Fornaroli, Fitzgerald.

Bench: Bouzanis, Muscat/Chapman, Caceres, Arzani, Retre.

Injuries and cards are starting to be a serious issue for us.

Edited by jw1739

Don't really care who plays because it's irrelevant IMO. Id like to think we have a chance of winning this because CCM probably don't have the team to expose our tactical shortcomings in the dugout. But in saying that they do have a couple quality players that could bother us should (when) we be exposed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I think the problem is more who the 5 would be. But I agree we should try something different. Being an old fashioned buzzard I'd revert to 4-2-4 myself.

Sorensen;
Franjic, Jakobsen/Chapman, Tongyik, Colazo;
Kilkenny, Brattan;
Kamau, Cahill, Fornaroli, Fitzgerald.

Bench: Bouzanis, Muscat/Chapman, Caceres, Arzani, Retre.

Injuries and cards are starting to be a serious issue for us.

Yeah injury toll mounting slowly

We should play exactly the same way and test JVS's logic against a shit side. If we don't dominate the scoring then hopefully all the coaches get a kick up the arse and are forced to change their thinking and the players mutiny. If we lose hopefully JVS gets shown the door. If we win convincingly then God help us.

Edited by playmaker

I've given up trying to put players into a formation

Players I'm confident will start - Bouzanis,  Tongyik, Kilkenny,  Brattan,  Kamau, Colazo,  Fornaroli 

Players I'm pretty sure will start - Franjic,  Cahill

Players who may start - Muscat,  Fitzgerald, Chapman, Jakobsen, Caceras

The Who Knows category - Rose,  Retre

The every chance JVS may say fuck it,  you can start - Arzani,  Genreau 

4 hours ago, playmaker said:

We should play exactly the same way and test JVS's logic against a shit side. If we don't dominate the scoring then hopefully all the coaches get a kick up the arse and are forced to change their thinking and the players mutiny. If we lose hopefully JVS gets shown the door. If we win convincingly then God help us.

At the moment Perth are a shit side

• Like 1

If we cannot beat the Mariners with our expensively compiled line-up just THREE DAYS after their threadbare young squad was run ragged and stuffed 4-1 in exhausting 35C heat by Victory, then our title-chasing season, already hanging by a frog hair,  is finished.  FACT.

The 3-3 defensive shambles on Tuesday that ended with more Hollywood Babylon sinning by Brandan was bad enough, but if we don't get three points here, someone ring Manchester and tell them we really are now  done with JVS. PLEASE

Edited by CityWildcat
  • Like 1

Sorenson

Franjic       Tongyik       Jackobsen

Kilkenny  

Kamau                        Brattan Arzani                    Colazo

Cahill

Bruno

This is what I would go with

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Sorenson

Franjic       Tongyik       Jackobsen

Kilkenny  

Kamau                        Brattan Arzani                    Colazo

Cahill

Bruno

This is what I would go with

Congested at the front. Colazo to LB and play four across the back. Replace Arzani with Fitzgerald and the latter on the LW.

3 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Sorenson's last match for the club

Knowledge or guess?

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Congested at the front. Colazo to LB and play four across the back. Replace Arzani with Fitzgerald and the latter on the LW.

Knowledge or guess?

I put it up a month or so ago, someone who is close to the club and has dealings with them through regional soccer, had it told to them from high up that Sorenson was leaving in January, That's why Bouzanis has played most of the season so far to get as experienced as possible as he ( Dean) is the new number 1

If turns out I've been bullshitted to, I've got a long drive for retribution :tooth:

Edited by japiedog

10 minutes ago, japiedog said:

I put it up a month or so ago, someone who is close to the club and has dealings with them through regional soccer, had it told to them from high up that Sorenson was leaving in January, That's why Bouzanis has played most of the season so far to get as experienced as possible as he ( Dean) is the new number 1

If this turns out to be true (which we are only relying on previous conversations) it's a complete balls up and another failure.

Failure in the sense that we have wasted 10 or so games or a third of season on a valuable visa spot. Sure our other visas have been fully productive and are our better players  (which they should be ) but to go into the season with the intention of playing Sorensen for a couple games only is dumbfounding. 

If the decision was made that Sorensen didn't suit the high press structure that should have been made in the off season not round 3.

Whatever has occurred to make this situation is totally weird. 

Edited by Jovan
All this is on the assumption that Sorensen is going in January.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jovan said:

If this turns out to be true (which we are only relying on previous conversations) it's a complete balls up and another failure.

Failure in the sense that we have wasted 10 or so games or a third of season on a valuable visa spot. Sure our other visas have been fully productive and are our better players  (which they should be ) but to go into the season with the intention of playing Sorensen for a couple games only is dumbfounding. 

If the decision was made that Sorensen didn't suit the high press structure that should have been made in the off season not round 3.

Whatever has occurred to make this situation is totally weird. 

Agreed. Unfathomable. More like half a season, especially if we consider that the second half is much tougher in terms of away matches. and in any case, IMO we could have picked up any one of several GKs equally as good or better than Bouzanis. For example, Janjetovic and Bray and I'm sure we could have got Tando back if we wanted to. This has all the appearances of a total stuff-up. But why are we surprised...?

Edited by jw1739

6 hours ago, japiedog said:

If turns out I've been bullshitted to, I've got a long drive for retribution :tooth:

Maybe I'm stupid but I can't understand the logic of leaving your best goalkeeper out "to give his successor exposure". Surely if Sorenson leaves then this is the time to give your backup goalkeeper exposure - or, better still, to sign another goalkeeper. Will we ever hear the truth on this?

In passing I would like to know what metrics you apply to a goalkeeper and where Bouzanis sits. I see that as far as clean sheets are concerned he is way down.

2 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

Maybe I'm stupid but I can't understand the logic of leaving your best goalkeeper out "to give his successor exposure". Surely if Sorenson leaves then this is the time to give your backup goalkeeper exposure - or, better still, to sign another goalkeeper. Will we ever hear the truth on this?

In passing I would like to know what metrics you apply to a goalkeeper and where Bouzanis sits. I see that as far as clean sheets are concerned he is way down.

To be fair sorenson didn't keep too many clean sheets either,  and Bouzanis did keep 2 clean sheets in semi and final of the cup 

• Like 1