Melbourne Football

Melbourne VS Keogh and Ko (27 December)

strider

Genius manager loses earlier match to counterattacking team at home.

Genius manager decides it is a clever idea to play three at the back in the rematch, with the only centre back being a 19 year old kid playing his third or fourth match, plus Manny Muscat.

Genius manager must be shocked to see his team Schip two easy goals on the counter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

I hope we target Warren and get the hack a second yellow. Bruce is tearing him a new one at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, moops said:

Cahill is on fire, best game I have seen from him, great to see!

Lucky to still be on, he must be on the knifes edge.

I gotta feeling that Brandan is on the bench to force this particular issue the second half the fucking great tip rat he is.

Then again JVS is charge so Brandan is either on third around 80' or left off with all three spent 😒

Just now, Cloughie said:

Genius manager loses earlier match to counterattacking team at home.

Genius manager decides it is a clever idea to play three at the back in the rematch, with the only centre back being a 19 year old kid playing his third or fourth match, plus Manny Muscat.

Genius manager must be shocked to see his team Schip two easy goals on the counter.

What is Muscat doing in defence?

What's up with Malik, is he injured?

Bratten has been horrible really.

• Like 1

Franjic's recovery positioning and attempts at blocking shots are very poor. Going forward he is okay but constantly lets his opponent get behind him. And nutmegged twice for the two goals. Caseres not providing enough cover on the left so Muscat is getting fucked. Colazo hasn't done much. Put him to left back, take Muscat off and bring Brandan on to chase a little bit as well as provide some speed going forward. Fixed. Oh, and tell Franjic he's a fucking FULLBACK . Only room for one prima donna and we already have Caseres for that!

but, nice to see Bruce taking people on again. First time in many weeks

1 minute ago, dr lime said:

Franjic's recovery positioning and attempts at blocking shots are very poor. Going forward he is okay but constantly lets his opponent get behind him. And nutmegged twice for the two goals. Caseres not providing enough cover on the left so Muscat is getting fucked. Colazo hasn't done much. Put him to left back, take Muscat off and bring Brandan on to chase a little bit as well as provide some speed going forward. Fixed. Oh, and tell Franjic he's a fucking FULLBACK . Only room for one prima donna and we already have Caseres for that!

Agree, nice.

But personally I would keep Caceras on and take Bratton off, he has been terrible.

30 minutes ago, dr lime said:

but, nice to see Bruce taking people on again. First time in many weeks

Caceras has been quiet, I acquiesce to your intelligence.

1 minute ago, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

Except our fucking goal keeper let three in bruno missed 2 fucking sitters and we draw nah not a shit game at all

I agree, it wasn't a shit game, good to watch, drama etc.

Tactics and selections let us down again.

Edited by moops

Honestly I thought Bruno hit that well, was heading for the side net almost, ridiculous save from reddy. But boy our inability to hold a lead is starting to irritate me, we are not top 2 material.

it was a top game, but this was more cos of both teams being pretty crap defensively. I'd rather we suffocate tea,smthe way Sydney does..but obviously we aren't capable.

Edited by Geo400

Bouzanis beaten at his near post for all 3 goals, disgraceful.   I look forward to seeing a back 3 of Malik, Tonyik and Jakobson with Wing backs of franjic and Colazo. Expect Brandán to be out for 3 games.

Edited by haz