Melbourne Football

Melbourne VS Keogh and Ko (27 December)

strider

Watched the game at home cause I couldn't make it down due to work. What I will say is that overall we played the game incredibly well. We were so dominant to the fact that we shouldn't have needed the penalities to win us the game in fact they should of only been boosters to the rout the game should have been.

All 3 of their goals were routine saves, with the 1st and 3rd inexcusable goal keeping.

We were dominant in the midfield until after we score which is worrying cause we seem to lose all composure as soon as we score which is a shame because apart from those moments of error they were truly outstanding and the statistics prove exactly how dominant they were. 

I thought Bruno never looked confident when it came to the penalities but I also think it's disgraceful for Cahill to try and take the 3rd one away from him, Bruno was the designated penalty kicker for the game not Cahill and unless Bruno said he didn't want it or went down injured Timmy should have been nowhere near that ball.

All in all a truly typical heart performance, you can change our name, badge and colours but this club will always be heart.

Edited by coys

1 minute ago, coys said:

Watched the game at home cause I couldn't make it down due to work. What I will say is that overall we played the game incredibly well. We were so dominant to the fact that we shouldn't have needed the penalities to win us the game in fact they should of only been boosters to the rout the game should have been.

All 3 of their goals were routine saves, with the 1st and 3rd inexcusable goal keeping.

We were dominant in the midfield until after we score which is worrying cause we seem to lose all composure as soon as we score which is a shame because apart from those moments of error they were truly outstanding and the statistics prove exactly how dominant they were. 

I thought Bruno never looked confident when it came to the penalities but I also think it's disgraceful for Cahill to try and take the 3rd one away from him, Bruno was the designated penalty kicker for the game not Cahill and unless Bruno said he didn't want it or went down injured Timmy should have been nowhere that ball.

All in all a truly typical heart performance, you can change our name, badge and colours but this club will always be heart.

Why shouldn't cahill take one if Bruno is struggling for form? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris p said:

Why shouldn't cahill take one if Bruno is struggling for form? 

Because he hit the second penalty with near perfection and the third one was also a pretty good hit, it's all down to confidene and I think Cahill trying to take it from him would have provided some self doubt

ahahahahaha what the actual fuck was that game - 10/10 for entertainment :up:

honestly happy to take the draw after that garbage defensive display though, and I wasn't even mad that Bruno missed the second penalty since it shouldn't have been a penalty in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, coys said:

Because he hit the second penalty with near perfection and the third one was also a pretty good hit, it's all down to confidene and I think Cahill trying to take it from him would have provided some self doubt

Come off it self doubt... he's the captain and had the responsibility and fukd it royally. Missed 2 out of 3 pens, cost us the game whichever way you cut it. Also meant Brandans sacrifice was all for nothing.

26 minutes ago, n i k o said:

What the fuck happened at the end?

I'm not sure if anything happened before this but while Brandan and Djulbic were both on the ground, Djulbic kicked Brandan near the head (looked like upper back), then Brandan two-footed into his stomach(?). Then Djulbic pushed down on him with his knee/s.

So they both deserved reds.

Edited by hakz7

We will never win anything of note with a philosophy that results in that sort of defence. We lost the lead 3 times.

Positive:

We didn't lose a game that heart would have lost 10 times out of 10

Negatives:

Where to begin, JVS' novel 1-6-3 formation with almost no recognisable defensive structure and only one reliable defender who is only 19.

2 missed penalties, why was Bruno taking the second penalty after missing the first and having to wait so long?

Brandan to miss 2 games.

Perth looked like they were going to score on every attack, direct, 2 passes into our box.

Our attacking transition is way too slow, first pass is almost always backwards or short.

Lost too many second balls.

Fornaroli is being played too far upfield and we lose his box finishing skills. We should lose his penalty skills after tonight anyway.

I felt worse that if we'd lost 0-4

17 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Because he went to a back four  

How could you tell?

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Everyone is talking about the penalties we received, yet the person who gave away TWO of them and also committed a further FIVE FOULS AFTER receiving a yellow card from an earlier challenge, stayed on the park. Marc Warren the absolute shit cunt has got the be the luckiest person on the planet.

Trademark Melbourne Heart performance if i've ever seen one. Gave away the lead 3 times and conceding those equalisers so soon after we got in front, utterly disappointing. This feel's like a loss, and sadly i feel as if this will come back to bite us in the arse further down the line of the season. So so disappointing. 

FWIW - Of all the controversies that have happened this year when it concerns referees, Shaun Evans, the absolute fucktard of a human being he is, has been in the thick of 99% of it. Although it would have been an entertaining game for the neutral, some of the decisions tonight on behalf of both sides were absolutely disgusting. How on earth this bloke is a referee is beyond me, time to get rid of this imbecile before he becomes the centre of attention in yet another game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We will never win anything of note with a philosophy that results in that sort of defence. We lost the lead 3 times.

Positive:

We didn't lose a game that heart would have lost 10 times out of 10

Negatives:

Where to begin, JVS' novel 1-6-3 formation with almost no recognisable defensive structure and only one reliable defender who is only 19.

2 missed penalties, why was Bruno taking the second penalty after missing the first and having to wait so long?

Brandan to miss 2 games.

Perth looked like they were going to score on every attack, direct, 2 passes into our box.

Our attacking transition is way too slow, first pass is almost always backwards or short.

Lost too many second balls.

Fornaroli is being played too far upfield and we lose his box finishing skills. We should lose his penalty skills after tonight anyway.

I felt worse that if we'd lost 0-4

How could you tell?

Because I saw them change. Kilkenny dropped in central defence and Colazo played in left back. 

Outside the Ref show I saw the following tonight:

The good-

- Cahill was immense tonight. Start him up front next week.

- Kilkenny This guy is saving our bacon in the middle. Sack JVS and let this guy coach.

- Kamau had a really good night tonight, just lacked the final ball. It's no surprise that when he gets the ball in good positions we look dangerous

- Outside of our defending we looked decent, thought the 2 young boys that came on bought some energy too

The bad-

- Fornaroli had a well taken goal but 2 pen misses and to predictable with his contact then flop arrangement, needs a week on the pine

- Bouzanis is the best gk with the ball at his feet in the league. He can't save a shot for shit though

- Brandan.... red card

- Muscut looks like an old Scottish hack playing state league 5

- Caceres looks bereft of all confidence and is being played out of position, either start him at 10 or put  him on the bench

47 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Because I saw them change. Kilkenny dropped in central defence and Colazo played in left back. 

Isn't that they way they have been playing every week? 3-4-3 when we have the ball. Then into a 4-3-3 when we don't have the ball with Kilkenny dropping futher and into the back 4? 

Just now, cityfan101 said:

Isn't that they way they have been playing every week? 3-4-3 when we have the ball. Then into a 4-3-3 when we don't have the ball with Kilkenny dropping futher and into the back 4? 

We started with 3 at the back and Colazo starting further up the wing. When Brandan came on he went on the wing and Colazo pushed into left back and Kilkenny sat between him and Tongyik where they formed a back four. 

32 minutes ago, wombegongal said:

Fornaroli had a well taken goal but 2 pen misses and to predictable with his contact then flop arrangement, needs a week on the pine

This is the guy who scored two goals tonight you're talking about yeah? He missed two penalties, which is pretty poor, but he still scored two goals...

Not sure if it's been mentioned but manny Muscat was the sole reason we conceded the first or second goal (I can't remember) - going to ground two footed and missing everything which allowed them to place their cross to perfection.

Also, they had so much time at the top of the box, had so much time to tee up a shot.

Just now, Deluka said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but manny Muscat was the sole reason we conceded the first or second goal (I can't remember) - going to ground two footed and missing everything which allowed them to place their cross to perfection.

Also, they had so much time at the top of the box, had so much time to tee up a shot.

Agree that Muscat was at fault, but Brattan has to take a lot of the blame as well. The ball came across towards Castro and he slid in to try and intercept it but got nowhere near it. Then Castro had hours to place his shot and score. If Brattan had stayed on his feet he could have closed down on Castro and at least pressured the shot.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Thats what you get for recruiting players from scrub clubs

Edited by Young Polak

In all my years of watching the club that is the worst performance i have ever seen from the club. I don't even know where to start

We gave up a lead not once, not twice, three fucking times. It was like the minute we scored, we just switched off. What the hell were the players doing?????? To miss two penalties is also unforgivable i'm sorry bruno but thats just not good enough. As always the problem is not that we can't score goals.

Don;'t even get me started on our 'defence'. You would've thought after last season we would've learnt our lesson, sure we can score with ease, but if you can't defend you ain't going anywhere. Sure, i understand that we had two Cb's out, but the ease to which Perth got behind us was just silly. I have no idea why either manny muscat or josh rose was signed, outside of being the oldest people on the team, i don't see what we get from having on the field. Because it definitely isn't have an older wiser presence i tell you that. Add that up with dean Bouzanis "goalkeeping" and the whole defence is garabge. 

JVS's coaching also comes under fire as well here. I have no idea how he has managed to keep his job for so long. For example lets look at the subs on the bench tonight. Outside of brandon, we have chapman and a couple of kids no one has ever heard of before. This meaning that after he subbed brandon on we had no other options on the bench. Good bench selections dickhead. He also has NFI idea how to organise a defence, can we just employ him as an offensive coach please? Also why did you not pick fitzgerald? Another head scratcher

Also Kilkenny's conduct after the game is disgraceful, he should apologise to the refs for his conduct. As pissed off as you are after a heated game like tonight, you need to conduct yourself better sorry mate.

All in all, a very disappointing night. The wheels are falling off the season.... again. We'll get beaten by CCM at this rate.

• Like 4