If you could have..

Celt

If you could have..   

38 members have voted

1. 1. The trio from 15-16 or 16-17?

• Mauk, Novillo, Mooy
    • Brattan, Brandan, Cahill

Brattan>Mauk

Harrry was technically better than Fernando but had no where near as much heart and desire as Fernando. Fernando>Harry

Mooy definitely a better player than Cahill however Timmy does add that bit of passion and steps up when is needed. In saying that though Mooy is easily our best player to ever play for the club so Mooy>Cahill

Would take option 2

• Like 2

Whilst I agree that mauk rarely played for us the string of games he did put together last season and then those when in Adelaide really stood out for me. As you can see when he finished the season he was rated as one of the best midfielder in the league and also won a contract overseas. 

1 hour ago, coys said:

Whilst I agree that mauk rarely played for us the string of games he did put together last season and then those when in Adelaide really stood out for me. As you can see when he finished the season he was rated as one of the best midfielder in the league and also won a contract overseas. 

He started the first game for his Dutch club, was taken off and hasn't played one minute since, maybe the team around him made him better than the sum of his parts in Adelaide?

2 hours ago, tommac said:

Mauk almost never played for us...

Played 16 games? 

Just wanted to include Mauk as I was quite impressed with him at the end of last season. 

2 hours ago, Fredinho69 said:

Brattan>Mauk

Harrry was technically better than Fernando but had no where near as much heart and desire as Fernando. Fernando>Harry

Mooy definitely a better player than Cahill however Timmy does add that bit of passion and steps up when is needed. In saying that though Mooy is easily our best player to ever play for the club so Mooy>Cahill

Would take option 2

Is Mooy held in higher regard than Fornaroli?

1 hour ago, moops said:

He started the first game for his Dutch club, was taken off and hasn't played one minute since, maybe the team around him made him better than the sum of his parts in Adelaide?

this ^^^^^

Mauk, Shit player with a shit attitude

Harry, Talented player with a shit attitude.

Both not team players and too selfish and too disruptive.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, moops said:

I've noticed his game time in the Dutch league hasn't exactly been brilliant but as watching from the games he plays I do rate his vision and technique very highly. Also interesting to note that he's been dropped from the senior squad for his Dutch team and is currently playing his trade in the reserve league where he has been putting in quite a few good shifts, I'd expect him to be back in the senior squad soon if he reaches the heights he did in the Adelaide squad.

1 hour ago, coys said:

I've noticed his game time in the Dutch league hasn't exactly been brilliant but as watching from the games he plays I do rate his vision and technique very highly. Also interesting to note that he's been dropped from the senior squad for his Dutch team and is currently playing his trade in the reserve league where he has been putting in quite a few good shifts, I'd expect him to be back in the senior squad soon if he reaches the heights he did in the Adelaide squad.

They could think playing him in the Eerste Divisie to adjust might help him, He has been on the bench for the first team as well as playing in the seconds, you could be right? It doesn't look good to get subbed off on 45' for your first game and not play again after, kind of makes you think he must have had a shocker.

I wish him the best like every overseas Aussie though and he is only 21, so who knows?

http://www.transfermarkt.com/stefan-mauk/leistungsdaten/spieler/189231/saison/2016/plus/1#NLBB

5 hours ago, Celt said:

Is Mooy held in higher regard than Fornaroli?

Good question struggling to answer it tbh which makes me realise how lucky we are to have had them play in the same side. Mooy can boss a game from start to finish whereas Fornaroli can pop up out of anywhere and turn a game on its head with his silky touch and classy finishes. Can't decide I love them both :D

• Like 1

Of the players listed in Group A; Mooy you'd keep without batting an eyelid, Mauk (at least in his time with us) was a work in process. 

Novillo, along with Killkenny, Bratten and Brandan from Group B, you would make every effort to retrain provided they could fit right (is no marquee, visa space).  So it comes down to Brandan vs Novillo (particularly as Bratten and Killkenny are different types of midfielders anyway) and I go Brandan every time. Both players have desire and ability to win, only Novillo gets sulky after 3 or 4 fouls against while Brandan acts like he'll get one over the opposition (aka like the tip rat he is / some see him as)

Easy choice

Edited by mattyh001