Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Player Theatrics / Simulation - Poll

Torn Asunder

Melbourne City FC Player Theatrics / Simulation - Poll  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should Melbourne City FC publicly condemn its player for theatrics / simulation?

• Yes, unconditionally
    • No, its part of the game and the rules allow for it to be dealt with by the referees

Just now, KSK_47 said:

It is simple. And completely contradictory to "its part of the game"

It's not black and white though KSK. There's no problem if there's a bit of simulation in moments. That is part of the game and I'm alright with that. It's over the top simulations like North and Brandans that shouldn't be a part of the game. 

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

It's not black and white though KSK. There's no problem if there's a bit of simulation in moments. That is part of the game and I'm alright with that. It's over the top simulations like North and Brandans that shouldn't be a part of the game. 

I know there is a massive grey area when it comes to simulation. But his comments regrading specifically Brandan at the presser where "its part of the game and its ok in other parts of the world" and now he is saying the opposite.

Its good that we are finally hearing the right thing but still should have said that at the start so it didnt look as though he (and the club) were encouraging it.

17 minutes ago, n i k o said:

It is grey but for me an exaggeration of a foul that actually happened to make sure the referee actually sees the fouls is begrudgingly acceptable. Simulating something that didn't happen is not on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I know there is a massive grey area when it comes to simulation. But his comments regrading specifically Brandan at the presser where "its part of the game and its ok in other parts of the world" and now he is saying the opposite.

Its good that we are finally hearing the right thing but still should have said that at the start so it didnt look as though he (and the club) were encouraging it.

Tbh  that presser everything he said got taken out of context based on which 10 second clip the media took. He certainly said the little bits and bobs here and there, but if you watch it I didnt at any stage think he was defending Fernando or diving, more he was annoyed at that incident being blown out of context in the Aust media, relative to the actual very important game that had just been played. 

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Tbh  that presser everything he said got taken out of context based on which 10 second clip the media took. He certainly said the little bits and bobs here and there, but if you watch it I didnt at any stage think he was defending Fernando or diving, more he was annoyed at that incident being blown out of context in the Aust media, relative to the actual very important game that had just been played. 

I watched the whole presser and to me it sounded like he was dodging the question and trying to find excuses for Brandan. 

But we finally have a clear statement saying its not on and we will be trying to help put an end to it so i am happy to leave it at that.

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

I think JVS, without saying it publicly, is basically thinking that our players are getting the raw end of the deal (Bruno specifically). So this is his way of stubbornly giving the league a big fuck you that if the refs wont call fouls that are legitimate then our players will have to simulate contact to get them. 

But that's bullshit logic actually. The more you simulate contact the less likely you are to get legitimate free kicks.  Watch how many Brandon gets from now on. It's pretty much open slather on the goose now (look at that last game).

• Like 1