Melbourne Football

RD 9 City vs Brisbane 7:50 Sat 3/12/16

Baka1

On 02/12/2016 at 11:27 AM, fensaddler said:

The chant "Aloisi, what a wanker, what a wanker" scans beautifully and would be entirely appropriate.  Just sayin'...  Dogs abuse would be entirely justified.

Thank you guys!  Heard that one loud and clear!

6 minutes ago, Victards said:

3 games in 6 days, 2 wins, a draw and silverware in the process, cant complain. Boys looked fatigued but thats football, successful week by us.

PS. FUCK John Aloisi. Absolute wanker. 

And that appalling ref.  Second half performance was one eyed.

Frustrating game but tbh can't complain with a point they had their chances as did we. They're such a defensive team which frustrated us at times, they held the ball really well in the second half after we scored. After the week we've had 3 games in 6 days a draw is fine for me.

Oh yeah and Jade North you contradicting piece of ****. Complaining every time Bruno went down in the first half when he'd slip or he just fell over even when he wasn't looking for a free kick and then you go and dish up that shit and cost your team a goal. EAD you hack. Couldn't happen to a better player and a better "coach" who complains about us "diving". You can EAD to Aloisi you negative ****

• Like 3

Really strange game,  thought we were much better in first half but they scored and then the opposite happened in the second half. 

Jakobsen again was huge,  having to soothe work of 2 men as pillow head chapman was terrible I thought (any chance of heading the ball more than 3 metres) 

Thing I really like about this team is the amount of cunts we have in it,  people who get up in the face of the opposition. Bruno,  Brandan,  jakobsen,  Kilkenny,  muscat and now Bouzanis. 

With only four of our players starting in their position from Wednesday night - clearly our strongest lineup then - this smacked of squad rotation and felt like watching our B team for us. It could have gone either way, but a point against a fresh Brisbane from our B team is not to be sneezed at - we were very competitive  

I was sitting behind the Brisbane bench and JVS giving it to Aloisi and the fourth ref was gold. I've never seen him so fired up which was great. It's the passion we've all been begging for. Felt for Retre - didn't think he was that bad - and Caceras's decision making pretty frustrating at times. The simple early ball ignored for runs in to trouble. Petratos gave Josh Rose a really tough night but to his credit he kept at it. While his skill and age have been questioned, in front of us he kept pushing and pushing - all you can ask from someone not having a great year and at least trying to contribute. Colazo still looked a bit underdone too - really struggling at the end - but the goal will be great for his confidence  

I'll take the point. Some big games on the horizon........................

• Like 1

A bunch of newbies behind me on 5 match memberships, who kept comparing the game to AFL, started complaining when the masterly crafted 'Aloisi wanker' chant first resounded majestically from the Melburnians, saying it was disrespectful as he's an Aussie legend who got us into a World Cup.

I very bluntly explained that the Melburnians were completely correct with the chant and gave them a quick explanation on the matter ... by the end of the night they had joined in with the chant, and were in full agreeance that JA is indeed a legitimate world class wanker. 

• Like 5