Melbourne Football

RD 9 City vs Brisbane 7:50 Sat 3/12/16

Baka1

12 hours ago, ecguymer said:

And Ross has join in the City bashing..... www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/brisbane-roar-assistant-coach-ross-aloisi-criticises-tim-cahill-over-an-incident/news-story/b3a3e28683e425be54c9551ec3fde058

Christ they're cunts.

Rivalry really building.

5 minutes ago, JC22 said:

Christ they're cunts.

Rivalry really building.

I don't think it's even a really rivalry though. I honestly couldn't give a shit about Brisbane, I just hate the Aloisi brothers. When they eventually are seen as the frauds they are and get fired we'll probably go back to apathy

2 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I don't think it's even a really rivalry though. I honestly couldn't give a shit about Brisbane, I just hate the Aloisi brothers. When they eventually are seen as the frauds they are and get fired we'll probably go back to apathy

Haha yeah thought that too actually.

JVS gone at the end of the year and Aloisi's surely fired soon enough.

Will be big if we play them in a final this year though.

Brisbane Roar - ugly name, ugly kit, childish coach. We have to move on. They've taken four points off us so far this season, and we have to do the talking where it counts - on the field. We've risen to the challenge twice so far this season - in the Derby and in the Cup Final. We simply have to do it much more often to win further silverware.

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Brisbane Roar - ugly name, ugly kit, childish coach. We have to move on. They've taken four points off us so far this season, and we have to do the talking where it counts - on the field. We've risen to the challenge twice so far this season - in the Derby and in the Cup Final. We simply have to do it much more often to win further silverware.

Nah we have to crush these pussies on and off the field.

Jvs is right, enough is enough.

What North did needs to be exploited and used as the main theme of anti-Aloisi propaganda until he learns to shut the f$&k up.

18 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Nah we have to crush these pussies on and off the field.

Jvs is right, enough is enough.

What North did needs to be exploited and used as the main theme of anti-Aloisi propaganda until he learns to shut the f$&k up.

Take it easy.

Kilkenny did exactly the same. No need to highlight anything. 

All we have to do is keep winning everything else is nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

Not when loud mouth babies get listened to by officials which in turn creates bias towards our captain, and our team.

Usually it is not something i would condone, however the fact that since that dig at Bruno has lead to his mistreatment on the pitch and that comment against our aggression has become a major media topic, I think there needs to be balance, so indirectly exposing and discrediting the Aloisi nobs publicly might actually shut them up.

Dont know why the officials get swayed by this type of rubbish, but the reality is that they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Not when loud mouth babies get listened to by officials which in turn creates bias towards our captain, and our team.

Usually it is not something i would condone, however the fact that since that dig at Bruno has lead to his mistreatment on the pitch and that comment against our aggression has become a major media topic, I think there needs to be balance, so indirectly exposing and discrediting the Aloisi nobs publicly might actually shut them up.

Dont know why the officials get swayed by this type of rubbish, but the reality is that they do.

Actually agree with this tbh

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Take it easy.

Kilkenny did exactly the same. No need to highlight anything. 

not just Kilkenny

Jakobsen did it in the first match away to Wellington, did a bit of an Oscar

and on that topic, we are going to miss out on free kicks and penalties due to Brandan's theatrics , referees will grow tired of his actions

• Like 1

While I do completely agree that its a bit rich for us to be complaining about other teams diving considering some of the efforts we've seen from our boys, I also find it fucking hilarious that Brisbane copped a goal (and gave up 2 points) because they were doing the exactly the same thing after complaining about it so much.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

While I do completely agree that its a bit rich for us to be complaining about other teams diving considering some of the efforts we've seen from our boys, I also find it fucking hilarious that Brisbane copped a goal (and gave up 2 points) because they were doing the exactly the same thing after complaining about it so much.

ask a supporter of another Aleague team and its an FFA conspiracy

Just thinking again about the Brisbane result. Actually think it was a bloody good effort to play the way we did given that there were 6 changes to the starting XI and they all looked fucked after about 60 mins. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Jade North has just given a public apology and a mea culpa for his simulation, I would have liked the same thing from Neil Kilkenny. It's only public pressure that will stop it here

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/brisbane/brisbane-roars-jade-north-apologises-to-fans-and-melbourne-city-for-dive/news-story/51a9370b133a827fadf0744660feef87

'Brisbane Roar coach John Aloisi wants the A-League to look into punishing players for diving, bringing the issue into the spotlight ahead of their clash against Melbourne City on Friday evening.

Source: 

AAP

3 NOV 2016 - 5:56 PM  UPDATED 3 NOV 2016 - 5:58 PM

Tweet

After last week's match against Adelaide United where City's Neil Kilkenny was widely criticised for diving after Reds midfielder Isaias rubbed his hand in his face, Aloisi has stated that the FFA needs to take a strong stance on eradicating it from the game.'

Agree, North should be rubbed out for 5 matches

'The last time players were banned retrospectively for diving was in 2010 but the FFA hasn't taken similar action since, and Aloisi hopes that referee Peter Green will be alert to any similar tactics in their upcoming clash at Suncorp Stadium.'

Agree, North had fair warning and should have been sent off

'

"I'm pretty sure if (Kilkenny) didn't get the message, the FFA, I know they're not happy about any simulation," he said.

"I was in Europe for a long time, I know that in certain countries you actually practice it, players to go down a little bit easier.

"That's not in the Australian culture, we don't want it in our game. The referees analyse games like we do, I'm sure it will be stamped out very quickly."

Kilkenny should be punished for ugly antics

The A-League need to be in a position to throw the book at Melbourne City midfielder Neil Kilkenny for his shameful display of play-acting that has no place in Australian football.'

Agreed, North should retire from football as it is too shameful for him to take part in the A league ever again

'Aloisi also drew attention to "pinning" tactics utilised by Bruno Fornaroli on opposition defenders, suggesting they might also be outside of the laws of the game.

"He likes to pin players around the box. What I mean by pinning, he actually holds you and I don't even know if that's allowed, but he does, and he uses his body well," he said.'

What Bruno does is indeed within the laws of the game, so because of your stupidity, your inability to coach your players to defend correctly, and your continued efforts to bring the game into disrepute, you and your brother should be expelled from the competition. The game would be far better off without the both of you.

This guy is a C#nt, 

Those in glass houses......

C#NT!

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Well good on him, but he was only doing what he'd been told to do.  But those who gave him those instructions are nowhere near apologising.

37 minutes ago, playmaker said:

'Brisbane Roar coach John Aloisi wants the A-League to look into punishing players for diving, bringing the issue into the spotlight ahead of their clash against Melbourne City on Friday evening.

Source: 

AAP

Tweet

After last week's match against Adelaide United where City's Neil Kilkenny was widely criticised for diving after Reds midfielder Isaias rubbed his hand in his face, Aloisi has stated that the FFA needs to take a strong stance on eradicating it from the game.'

'The last time players were banned retrospectively for diving was in 2010 but the FFA hasn't taken similar action since, and Aloisi hopes that referee Peter Green will be alert to any similar tactics in their upcoming clash at Suncorp Stadium.'

'

"I'm pretty sure if (Kilkenny) didn't get the message, the FFA, I know they're not happy about any simulation," he said.

"I was in Europe for a long time, I know that in certain countries you actually practice it, players to go down a little bit easier.

"That's not in the Australian culture, we don't want it in our game. The referees analyse games like we do, I'm sure it will be stamped out very quickly."

The A-League need to be in a position to throw the book at Melbourne City midfielder Neil Kilkenny for his shameful display of play-acting that has no place in Australian football.'

Agreed, North should retire from football as it is too shameful for him to take part in the A league ever again

'Aloisi also drew attention to "pinning" tactics utilised by Bruno Fornaroli on opposition defenders, suggesting they might also be outside of the laws of the game.

"He likes to pin players around the box. What I mean by pinning, he actually holds you and I don't even know if that's allowed, but he does, and he uses his body well," he said.'

What Bruno does is indeed within the laws of the game, so because of your stupidity, your inability to coach your players to defend correctly, and your continued efforts to bring the game into disrepute, you and your brother should be expelled from the competition. The game would be far better off without the both of you.

This guy is a C#nt, 

C#NT!

Petard. Own. Hoisted.  By.

Excellent post.

46 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Source: 

AAP

Tweet

'

This guy is a C#nt, 

C#NT!

Now that is a quality post!👏👏👏

As a footnote to all of this, does anyone else distinctly remember Heart teams kicking lumps outta Alessandro del Piero almost every time we played Sydney?

The reason I ask is I was thinking about the old Heart days and had an epiphany - who just happened to be coaching us at that point in time; you guessed it John Aloisi.

Maybe others have short memories but more than anything all this bullshit has made me dislike Aloisi all the more

Actually, most posts on here slag off North for being stupid enough to dive in a situation that cost his team a goal, and call out Aloisi for being a muppet when he was so scathing of City's theatrics, but it was those very theatrics from his player that cost his team.

North's problem was that he was not 'South American' savy enough to know when to put on a show (obviously cultural).

6 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Actually, most posts on here slag off North for being stupid enough to dive in a situation that cost his team a goal, and call out Aloisi for being a muppet when he was so scathing of City's theatrics, but it was those very theatrics from his player that cost his team.

North's problem was that he was not 'South American' savy enough to know when to put on a show (obviously cultural).

I agree. It was a ridiculous thing to do. But still cant see anyone who was defending his actions

11 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

I agree. It was a ridiculous thing to do. But still cant see anyone who was defending his actions

There's one difference between North and Brandan (or any of our boys that go down). North isn't one of us.

Why the f**k would anyone on here defend him????

23 minutes ago, rass said:

There's one difference between North and Brandan (or any of our boys that go down). North isn't one of us.

Why the f**k would anyone on here defend him????

Well thats my point. Just because its one of our boys doesnt make it ok imo. If you are ok with simulation you should be ok with other teams doing it too.

Making up some half baked excuse about it being part of the game when its us but calling for heads when its another team is a total cop out.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Well thats my point. Just because its one of our boys doesnt make it ok imo. If you are ok with simulation you should be ok with other teams doing it too.

Making up some half baked excuse about it being part of the game when its us but calling for heads when its another team is a total cop out.

I brought up this point earlier in the season , the first game , where Jakobsen went down clutching his face

Like you I was shouted down, by all and sundry, that it's part of the game overseas and by doing it we are "progressing" the game here

what a load of shite

in some parts of the world, acting to get a fellow professional sent off is part of the game

In other parts of the world, acting to have a fellow professional sent off is seen as one of the lowest things that can be done on a football pitch

I know which camp I'm part off

I used to give Novillo a boo when he went down with his acting, but he was C grade compared to whats happening this season

any correlation as to why Bruno can't buy a foul now?

there has been much media scrutiny, put there by opposition managers that Refs are second guessing as to whether it's a foul or simulation

my 2cents

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, japiedog said:

I brought up this point earlier in the season , the first game , where Jakobsen went down clutching his face

Like you I was shouted down, by all and sundry, that it's part of the game overseas and by doing it we are "progressing" the game here

what a load of shite

in some parts of the world, acting to get a fellow professional sent off is part of the game

In other parts of the world, acting to have a fellow professional sent off is seen as one of the lowest things that can be done on a football pitch

I know which camp I'm part off

I used to give Novillo a boo when he went down with his acting, but he was C grade compared to whats happening this season

any correlation as to why Bruno can't buy a foul now?

there has been much media scrutiny, put there by opposition managers that Refs are second guessing as to whether it's a foul or simulation

my 2cents

I agree with your post except for the Bruno part he couldn't buy a foul last season either.

I think Bruno has been going down easier this season because he got nothing from the refs last season. 

2 hours ago, malloy said:

I agree with your post except for the Bruno part he couldn't buy a foul last season either.

I think Bruno has been going down easier this season because he got nothing from the refs last season. 

I don't know whether Bruno is going down more easily this season or not. What I think is happening is that our forward line is not playing as fluently as it was last season, and Bruno is tending to stay more central than he was last season. Last season he was able to put space between him and defenders, but this season it seems its more of a body wrestle with him. I suspect that being the captain is also having a negative effect on his own play and how referees are reacting to him. I also think the questions over how well Cahill and Bruno could fit into the same team are being answered - IMO it's one or the other but not both.

I'm actually quite happy that Berisha has taken the lead on the Golden Boot table, because I think it will take some of the pressure off Bruno.

We as supporters need to decide what style of football we want for our League and for the team we support. We aren't members so we don't have any direct influence on it but we can feedback through City Voice if we believe that theatrics and simulation aren't something that we want for our team. Given that the coach doesn't think it's a problem we'll only get change of there's a clear voice from the fans