Melbourne Football

City Kit

mcsoccer225

36 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

That Hearts kit is still better than our away kit.

LOL - I actually agree... it will at least be remembered as out there whilst ours will just be not remembered as its just  "Too 2016" just like the Original Gold Newcastle Jets Kits are forgotten for being to at the minute for their time.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Monday, 29 August 2016 -

The new Melbourne City FC 2016/17 Nike Away Jersey is now available to pre-order from our Official Club shop.

The Club unveiled the new strip on Saturday, with stars Tim Cahill, Bruno Fornaroli, Neil Kilkenny, Anthony Caceres and Thomas Sorensen appearing at Flagstaff Gardens to meet fans and members for a special signing event.

The kit, designed by Melbourne City’s Official On-Field Kit Partner Nike, displays the Club’s traditional red and white colours – a key feature of the Club’s badge – in a unique gradient pattern.

Visit our Official Shop to pre-order the new Away Jersey today, while the Club’s new 2016/17 Home Jersey is now available for purchase. 

- See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/pre-order-the-melbourne-city-201617-away-jersey/11c95v0aeax3b1y0uz1zjvy6xh#sthash.F5vbqvWk.dpuf

This is the first time I can recall a statement from the club that  refers to the red and white as being traditional colours. FWIW I really don't care about the colours or design as long as its not too ugly. I am more interested in recognition of the past.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Monday, 29 August 2016 -

The new Melbourne City FC 2016/17 Nike Away Jersey is now available to pre-order from our Official Club shop.

The Club unveiled the new strip on Saturday, with stars Tim Cahill, Bruno Fornaroli, Neil Kilkenny, Anthony Caceres and Thomas Sorensen appearing at Flagstaff Gardens to meet fans and members for a special signing event.

The kit, designed by Melbourne City’s Official On-Field Kit Partner Nike, displays the Club’s traditional red and white colours – a key feature of the Club’s badge – in a unique gradient pattern.

Visit our Official Shop to pre-order the new Away Jersey today, while the Club’s new 2016/17 Home Jersey is now available for purchase. 

- See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/pre-order-the-melbourne-city-201617-away-jersey/11c95v0aeax3b1y0uz1zjvy6xh#sthash.F5vbqvWk.dpuf

This is the first time I can recall a statement from the club that  refers to the red and white as being traditional colours. FWIW I really don't care about the colours or design as long as its not too ugly. I am more interested in recognition of the past.

Somebody's gonna get fired for that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

They probably meant "heritage colours."

12 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seriously how any former Heart Fan can point to that piece of shit and then to try draw a link between MHFC and MCFC is beyond me...

det or morphine?

TBH I am going through phases of I hate it and I like it. I think it's hard considering how right we got the away kit last season (best kit we ever played in IMO)

Ultimately we will hardly play in it anyway, and it is unlikely I will see it live except at Sydney away in April so I have just now decided I don't really care.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seriously how any former Heart Fan can point to that piece of shit and then to try draw a link between MHFC and MCFC is beyond me...

Let's face it, some people are never going to be satisfied until the club is called Melbourne Heart and has a home kit of r&w stripes and an away kit with a sash - in which we hardly ever won a match. And there's as much chance of either of those as there is of reversing the efflux of time and me being young again. In the meantime I suggest you get prepared for a succession of future H&A kits that will vary between the barely acceptable and the appalling. Until people stop buying what they don't like.

• Like 3

On 8/29/2016 at 6:21 PM, Jovan said:

Monday, 29 August 2016 -

Just dug out the "Member Update 2014-15, a "Letter from Ferran Soriano" issued by club e-mail 5th June 2014.

I quote: "The Home Kit combines the white from the Club’s original kits with the signature blue of its sister clubs in Manchester and New York.  The Away Kit celebrates the Club’s history with its red and white stripes."

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think it is about time we have a thread just on our kits. Admin, please merge this if there is one already. Anyway, rumour has it that Under Armour just lost their recent deal with one of the major EPL club and are linked to City. So chances are, the same effect will happen to us here in Melbourne.. So there is hope still that our away kit will still be red and white judging from this:

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/man-citys-kits-look-like-armour-deal-goes/

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, raw10 said:

I think it is about time we have a thread just on our kits. Admin, please merge this if there is one already. Anyway, rumour has it that Under Armour just lost their recent deal with one of the major EPL club and are linked to City. So chances are, the same effect will happen to us here in Melbourne.. So there is hope still that our away kit will still be red and white judging from this:

Thoughts?

Done.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, raw10 said:

Thoughts?

a red n white would look nice in that tbh

• 4 weeks later...