Melbourne Football

City Kit

mcsoccer225

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Is it actually a hoop if it doesn't go all the way around?

You shouldn't get me started about Kit Designs... I try stay away from such threads for a reason because I can get really boring about the History of Kits, Hatred of Modern Kits, dislike of Minor Details about Kits and my long weld belief in Clothes in general being superstitious.

However there was mass outrage amongst fans when Celtic released this kit in 2001 due to the Hoops not going all the way around:

dscn1037.jpg

However the club then proceeded in Martin O'Neil first season to win its first Domestic Treble since 1969 and finally end Gers utter dominance of the 90's up until then for good so it was eventually forgotten about by Season's end. (Mind you it has never been replicated in any Celtic Home Kit since.)

Also FWIW Geelong has always had connecting Hoops on their Jumper except for where the numbers are placed as opposed to a club like the Adelaide Crows who dont claim to wear Hoops who often have had side panels on their different Jumpers over the years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cadete said:

You shouldn't get me started about Kit Designs... I try stay away from such threads for a reason because I can get really boring about the History of Kits, Hatred of Modern Kits, dislike of Minor Details about Kits and my long weld belief in Clothes in general being superstitious.

However there was mass outrage amongst fans when Celtic released this kit in 2001 due to the Hoops not going all the way around:

dscn1037.jpg

However the club then proceeded in Martin O'Neil first season to win its first Domestic Treble since 1969 and finally end Gers utter dominance of the 90's up until then for good so it was eventually forgotten about by Season's end. (Mind you it has never been replicated in any Celtic Home Kit since.)

Also FWIW Geelong has always had connecting Hoops on their Jumper except for where the numbers are placed as opposed to a club like the Adelaide Crows who dont claim to wear Hoops who often have had side panels on their different Jumpers over the years.

I for one would actually enjoy a discussion on kits that goes into detail

23 hours ago, cadete said:

dscn1037.jpg

that would be the best kit in all of Scotland if it looked like this:

37706821_xxl.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Wow. We have the two worst kits in league history in the same season. Let's get this year over and done with.

I don't think either are terrible, but they are both rather ordinary. I think the worst kits title would have to go to CCM.