Melbourne Football

City Kit

mcsoccer225

3 hours ago, JC22 said:

The new NYC kit. It's shit, but at least potentially shows that CFG aren't determined to turn us all in to Manchester clones.

FB_IMG_1455140266745.jpg

Hahaha... looks like someone had fun with their crayons....I wonder what David Villa is thinking? Perhaps .."How much longer should I put up with this shit?"

• 3 weeks later...

Even Scum FC know we are changing to blue....

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc/sydney-fc-confirm-plans-to-redesign-their-aleague-crest-20160310-gnfp0a.html

"Meanwhile, Sydney FC are set to play in a navy blue away kit next season for the first time. The club flagged their intention to introduce the new design largely as a result of Melbourne City switching to a predominantly Sky Blue uniform next season to fit in with the jerseys of their affiliated clubs, Manchester City and New York City."

9 minutes ago, ChopperHeart said:

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc/sydney-fc-confirm-plans-to-redesign-their-aleague-crest-20160310-gnfp0a.html

"Meanwhile, Sydney FC are set to play in a navy blue away kit next season for the first time. The club flagged their intention to introduce the new design largely as a result of Melbourne City switching to a predominantly Sky Blue uniform next season to fit in with the jerseys of their affiliated clubs, Manchester City and New York City."

On 20 January 2016 at 1:07 PM, icantthinkofacoolname said:

idk if this is legit but I found this on insta

image.jpeg

Predominately White or Blue....

Edited by n i k o

5 minutes ago, ChopperHeart said:

This statement doesn't make sense. EIther way, they still can't wear their away shirt in Melbourne, 1) it clashes with Victree, 2) if we wear sky blue at home, it will still clashes with our home kit.

• 2 months later...
On 22/01/2016 at 9:12 AM, Dylan said:

KAXAnFd.jpg?1

Alrighty. Fixed up a bit. Id still rather blue and white stripes, white shorts white socks. But what can you do. The blue on this is too bright but its a little difficult trying to swap a colour from a black or a white

White kits can be but what makes white work is to make it as minimalistic as possible. That wont happen in the A league because you have to put sponsors everywhere. We are lucky in some sense because Etihad is a nice sponsor logo which is identified through its shape rather than colour. 

If you look at Evertons away kit there are some options with white, but again it has to be 'clean' to work. 

Lets just say this is very close to what is coming ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Don't we have to have an 85% white jersey or something like that (under the FFA's "Maximum Area of Sky Blue Allowed on the Melbourne City Home Jersey" rule)?

My guess is pretty much the same as last season but with no dark blue, plus, possibly, sky blue shorts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I get a feeling that this years kit is going to be very underwhelming. But that could be just the sub conscious underwhelming feeling this club gives me given its performances and decisions. 

Fixed

• Like 5

On 29/05/2016 at 10:20 PM, Dylan said:

I get a feeling that this years kit is going to be very underwhelming. But that could be just the sub conscious underwhelming feeling this club gives me given its performances and decisions. 

Nike's kits are always underwhelming - that is, if they aren't downright awful.

• Like 1