Melbourne Football

RD 8: Melb Derby/Wellington Double Header. Sunday 27th Nov

Dylan

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

On a side note is it weird that muskrat is coming to our games and we dont play them for another month? 

No I don't think so, scouting opposition that he is likely to come up against in bigger games later in year.  I'd expect every coach to do the same

Also they do have a Wellington catch up game at some stage 

29 minutes ago, neio said:

No I don't think so, scouting opposition that he is likely to come up against in bigger games later in year.  I'd expect every coach to do the same

Also they do have a Wellington catch up game at some stage 

I know its not uncommon for coaches to go scouting the opposition prior to upcoming clashes but it seemed strange that its so far off our next game. But i totally forgot about the cancelled Wellington game so that would make sense

42 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Am wondering if anyone else is thinking (a.) the crowd Sunday felt much less than th 10.5k reported, and (b.) the active area was significantly lighter than usual.

I was somewhat near the front and could sadly see a bit too much blank space, particularly towards the end of each row.

As such I think there we're times where the lack of a bigger active bay caucus meant chants died off quickly.  hence people were happy to get into the more anti Victory / abusive stuff.

On the day I didn't think we had anywhere near to 10.5K, but looking at the photographs from the match it does look a good crowd. Part of the problem is those awful green seats, because they stick out like the proverbial and you don't need many to be vacant before the ground looks empty. Also City Blue is not a strong colour and doesn't stand out like the Heart red.
When we buy the stadium we need alternating blue and white seats...

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

On a side note is it weird that muskrat is coming to our games and we dont play them for another month? 

It won't be because he wants to learn about coaching from JVS

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

On the day I didn't think we had anywhere near to 10.5K, but looking at the photographs from the match it does look a good crowd. Part of the problem is those awful green seats, because they stick out like the proverbial and you don't need many to be vacant before the ground looks empty. Also City Blue is not a strong colour and doesn't stand out like the Heart red.
When we buy the stadium we need alternating blue and white seats...

Maybe we should change our colours to green then?

As one of the members of the notorious back of the Terrace, I'd like to point out that from our section originates the bloke with the biggest warcry of all - when he's sunk enough bevvies to launch off late in the second half.

If you're on here mate - legendary