Melbourne Football

RD 8: Melb Derby/Wellington Double Header. Sunday 27th Nov

Dylan

3 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Heading in with the family to watch both games. Although i am expecting a comfortable win by the mens team, im looking forward to seeing the women more than the men. 

I would be concerned if it was the other way around 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

So JVS said earlier in the week we would be playing out best team for this game and wouldn't save players for Wednesday. Mmmm..... bench is better than the starting eleven. 

I stopped paying attention to his drivel long time ago

cant wait for his departure speech that's about it

for the time being it's "work in progress "

• Like 1

Yeah we won,  Yay. Didn't play great but never thought we were overly threatened after Bruno penalty either 

One negative about active today, why the fuck did we dedicate 5-7 minutes on muscat and victory, it sounds ridiculous when we're playing Wellington. I personally couldn't give a fuck if he is watching 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, neio said:

Yeah we won,  Yay. Didn't play great but never thought we were overly threatened after Bruno penalty either 

One negative about active today, why the fuck did we dedicate 5-7 minutes on muscat and victory, it sounds ridiculous when we're playing Wellington. I personally couldn't give a fuck if he is watching 

I thought the first chant was funny as a bit of a dig but that's where it should have ended. First time I've ever been ready to walk out of a game from embarrassment of our active support. What's also disappointing is that that 5 minutes was the loudest :droy: 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, neio said:

Oh is that what that was about. Was trying to work out why we were chanting about victory. Although it makes a bit more sense now still pretty cringe

Just finished watching the game. I have to say, the only reason we won is because Wellington equalised so early in the second half. We did the same thing as last week where we basically gave up after we went 1-0 up. If Wellington had equalised later in the game we probably wouldn't have had the time to fight our way back in front. That being said, a win is a win. Bring on Wednesday night!

For me active support has gone down hill this season. Even after we score there is only about 10 people who try to carry a chant for more than 10 seconds, everyone else just stands there aimlessly. If not even a goal will get most of the people in there singing then what will? Quietest and most disorganised day for active support that I have seen in the last 3 years. As for the muscat fiasco... 

Hopefully the terrace will fire up on Wednesday because 50 Sydney fans could create more noise then what we did today

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, neio said:

and the "Sydney FC we're coming for you" chant is pretty counter productive. as was the thomas sorensen chant when bouzanis made a mistake.

• Like 1

What an uninspiring, boring win. I'll take the win but fuck me we were ordinary today.

One thing i have to say too is that our set piece delivery today was shocking. It seemed like every time we took a corner today we were lucky to get the ball past the first man on the edge of the box. Brattan needs a bit of a break from set pieces IMO.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I thought the first chant was funny as a bit of a dig but that's where it should have ended. First time I've ever been ready to walk out of a game from embarrassment of our active support. What's also disappointing is that that 5 minutes was the loudest :droy: 

That last sentence - yes! 

Unfortunately couldn't make the game today, so listened on the radio, and it stood out massively even on the wireless when they started up the Victory chants. 

Pretty typical Heart/City performance tonight. A game of two halves - all over them in the first half, but took the foot off the pedal as soon as we got in front and we became more disjointed as the match wore on. Can't for the life of me fathom why we go onto the back foot as soon as we take the lead.
Positives:
Best game from Bouzanis so far. Rose and Franjic were OK, but both Jakobsen and Chapman look out of sorts to me.
Kilkenny.
Fornaroli.
Brandan.
Fitzgerald an improvement on Kamau at this stage.
3 points.
Negatives:
Kilkenny's fifth yellow.
Caceres over-elaborates.
As per another post, very poor set-pieces. Brattan looked lethargic.
Going into our shell once we take the lead, and too much back-passing.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

What an uninspiring, boring win. I'll take the win but fuck me we were ordinary today.

Completely agree. Have been saying since forever if we want to attract new members and have them come back week after week we need to be playing champagne football. Today was hardly the kind of thing that will make people clear their schedule for the next home game.

I wonder if people ever feel tempted to walk out st half time, because you know it's going down hill in the 2nd half. If Durante isn't half asleep and reads that ball across the goal it's a tap in for the 2-2, and you know what we probably would have deserved it. I don't think asking for a 90 minute performance once in a while is too much to ask, yeh a win is a win but a higher quality opponent will punish us, and we have one of those coming up on Wednesday night. We are just really hard to watch at times.