Melbourne Football

Home Derby - SAT 17th December 7:50PM

seamolyons

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

Thats what I thought. My understanding was that there is no GA for derby games

It's a clear as day. I can't fathom how anyone can be confused about it. City members who have a GA membership have to reserve a seat for the derby. There is no GA admission.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Pretty sure the derby is fully ticketed so only GA available will be the ones purchased and will have to sit in the seats that are shown on the ticket. 

I think he/she was referring to my post about having a season seat but wanting to sit with friends.

Apparently I have to pay for a new seat, cant transfer over my season seat for a ticket elsewhere.

That is what the club told me anyway, well they didn't tell me, after saying it was a ticketek issue, a mate called asking the same question and they told him.

Edited by bumpyknuckles

34 minutes ago, bumpyknuckles said:

I think he/she was referring to my post about having a season seat but wanting to sit with friends.

Apparently I have to pay for a new seat, cant transfer over my season seat for a ticket elsewhere.

That is what the club told me anyway.

Pretty sure this is correct. If it were a regular game you would just go sit in GA with your friends but obviously wont apply to derby games

• Like 1

Taken from 442:

Melbourne Derby ticket update as of Thursday December 8th,
City Class – Sold Out
City Gold – Tickets Available in Section 73 to 77
City Silver – Tickets Available in Section 73A to 77A
City Blue – Sold Out
Melbourne City Active Area – Sold Out
Melbourne Victory Active Area – Sold Out
Melbourne Victory Reserve Seat – Tickets Available in Section 35, Section 41, 

These are following sections that are sold-out as follows:
Section 1 to 34
Corporate 1 to Corporate 24
Section 36 to 40
Section 42
Section 50 to 60
Section 70 to 72 
Section 78 to 80
Section 81 to 91 

25,837 tickets sold in the Sold Out sections so far. 

10 hours ago, bumpyknuckles said:

That is what the club told me anyway, well they didn't tell me, after saying it was a ticketek issue, a mate called asking the same question and they told him.

you get a discount if you "upgrade" your ticket, but moving or downgrading doesn't seem to be an option

4 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Victory look a lot better then us atm.....

Are we in trouble here?

How do they look better? They should have copped 6 tonight.

If we play for 90 minutes we win its that simple..wanderers have no firepower, we do.

The only thing that worries me is mv always seem to win when they play awful. We better be clinical as they are pretty ordinary in general play.

It certainly doesn't seem like we are playing as well as earlier in the season. But we keep finding ways to win. I'd say on performance they are definetly looking much better than earlier in the season but I back our resilience. Still feels so foreign saying that. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

There's an underlying assumption in these projections that all City members with reserved seats will attend - which we know from past experience is not the case - and so those seats can't be sold.
The average home derby attendance (10 matches) is 25,607. Range 26,539 - 23,059.

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

That applies only to GA members. Does not apply to reserved seat members. We just walk in and sit in our seats.

I'm talking about the memberships that are not sold regardless if City Blue, City Silver, City Gold....etc.. If they don't sell, I'm assuming by COB Friday, those seats will go up for sale for the derby.

12 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I'm talking about the memberships that are not sold regardless if City Blue, City Silver, City Gold....etc.. If they don't sell, I'm assuming by COB Friday, those seats will go up for sale for the derby.

Oh, yes. That would be my understanding too.

5 hours ago, Tony999 said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting TBH. If my City Blue reserved seat isn't occupied by me, no one else gets to buy it, because until I physically turn up and sit in it, no one knows whether it will be occupied or vacant.  Same for any reserved seat membership.

On a different note, some Muppet has decided to close all the rail lines to the eastern suburbs this weekend between Parliament and Camberwell, so it is going to be absolute freaking chaos outside Richmond station where thousands of fans from both teams will be trying to get on three knackered buses.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting TBH. If my City Blue reserved seat isn't occupied by me, no one else gets to buy it, because until I physically turn up and sit in it, no one knows whether it will be occupied or vacant.  Same for any reserved seat membership.

On a different note, some Muppet has decided to close all the rail lines to the eastern suburbs this weekend between Parliament and Camberwell, so it is going to be absolute freaking chaos outside Richmond station where thousands of fans from both teams will be trying to get on three knackered buses.

Are you sure about that? I thought I read this afternoon that trains will be running. Or maybe I'm so sleep deprived that I dreamt it.

23 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

The club sets aside x amount of seats that are reserved in the event of someone purchasing a membership. Those seats are then released to the public the day before if they havent been bought, as it is assumed that it is unlikely someone will buy a membership in the last 24 hours

6 hours ago, Tony999 said:

40 minutes ago, bt50 said:

The club sets aside x amount of seats that are reserved in the event of someone purchasing a membership. Those seats are then released to the public the day before if they havent been bought, as it is assumed that it is unlikely someone will buy a membership in the last 24 hours

You learn something new every day.  Thank you BT50...

55 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Are you sure about that? I thought I read this afternoon that trains will be running. Or maybe I'm so sleep deprived that I dreamt it.

I do hope you're right.  Close reading of the PTV site provides replacement bus timetables for the whole weekend, but then there is some unfathomable sub clause suggesting that the replacements only apply to night buses.  Since everything else seemed to point to complete replacement I took the majority decision.  For now, all is noise and confusion, like our defence on a bad day.

You need to go to this page https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/live-travel-updates/ and click on "Additional information for Metropolitan trains" and then scroll down to "Upcoming travel information."

Buses are replacing trains on the Cranbourne, Pakenham, Glen Waverley, Belgrave, Lilydale and Alamein lines. If you're intending to travel on any one of those lines you need to check out just what services are affected. If you have any uncertainty I suggest that you contact PTV. Just looking at, for example, the Belgrave, Lilydale and Alamein lines, the information there is completely ambiguous - well, it is to me anyway.

I always check the web-site a couple of hours before projected departure from home because I've been caught several times over the seasons (Sandy line).

42 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You need to go to this page https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/live-travel-updates/ and click on "Additional information for Metropolitan trains" and then scroll down to "Upcoming travel information."

Buses are replacing trains on the Cranbourne, Pakenham, Glen Waverley, Belgrave, Lilydale and Alamein lines. If you're intending to travel on any one of those lines you need to check out just what services are affected. If you have any uncertainty I suggest that you contact PTV. Just looking at, for example, the Belgrave, Lilydale and Alamein lines, the information there is completely ambiguous - well, it is to me anyway.

I always check the web-site a couple of hours before projected departure from home because I've been caught several times over the seasons (Sandy line).

Yes, that's where I was looking.  I commute daily on the Belgrave line so I'm regularly checking out what's up.  Saw this just checking whether there were any disruptions to my journey home.  And yes, it is completely ambiguous.  Maybe my note to PTV will get it sorted....

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Finally someone knows what I'm on about :)

Just now, Tony999 said:

Finally someone knows what I'm on about :)

Perhaps you could have made your original post on the matter a little clearer? Anyway, at the rate that new memberships are being sold (266 since the 5-game memberships were released) not too many seats should be reserved for purchases between now and the Derby.