Melbourne Football

Home Derby - SAT 17th December 7:50PM

seamolyons

Well if its a calf at his age they did the right thing. Its going to be shit to lose a derby but I get the feeling that Victory need this more than we do. Bigger fish to fry. Obviously best case scenario is Tongyik has a blinder and we have unearthed our new CB for the next few years

• Like 1

Midfield totally missing in action.

Troisi may as well be given the key to Melbourne, with the freedom he's being afforded. Criminal. Would bring Malik on if he's on the bench. 

Team if far too top heavy and a half fit Brattan is struggling. 

Edited by Celt
  • Like 1

Not up to it tonight.

Not all doom and gloom however, only reason I'm so calm is because our starting Cbs were a washed up 30 something year old and a kidd.

However we haven't been playing well for a a while, with a loss hopefully this is the kick up the ass we need to get back on track

(Btw Bruce kamua not up to it. Time to start fitzy over him)

• Like 2

Offside or not, we didnt deserve anything from that. Sluggish and turned the ball over so so cheaply that their winning goal could be seen from the start of the second half. Kilkenny was absolutely brilliant today, what a fucking pick up, the sort of player we've been crying out for many years. Yet another MOM performance, shame his team-mates arn't showing his sheer determination and class on the ball. Fair to say Bouzanis is continuing to show his development of being an A-League standard, starting XI player. The difference of the game finishing 2-1 instead of 5-1. We move on, and boy do we need to improve if we want to take it a step further this year and make the GF and potentially, another trophy. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Tonight had a definite feel of the little brother finally getting one over the bigger brother. So this is surprising but I'm a bit meh about the result there are bigger games this season to worry about

Tonight was the one where big brother had the chance to stamp it's authority on this fixture and ladder position, they have leapfrogged us and have a game in hand, fair to say we will struggle to finish above them now, only reason we will finish 3rd is because the other teams are too crap to punish us.

im at a loss to explain what happened to the team we saw back in round 2, everything we do is in slow motion it seems now.

The best team on the night won.

Negatives:

We were shapeless and disorganised at the back without Jakobsen. Rose was too isolated and often overloaded and there was no adjustment until he was replaced

Too much space between our back line and midfield and the visitors could penetrate at will

We won very very few second balls

We were too slow in transition, too many short passes and back passes. JVS said during the week that we needed tp play more directly and move the ball quickly, clearly misinformation designed to mislead the dark lord as we played the opposite way

Is that Bruno's 5th yellow? He'll miss the Perth game if it is. I really think that it was a mistake giving Bruno the captaincy, it's too big an emotional burden and he gets too emotionally involved. I'm concerned about our forwards in general, how many games since we've scored more than 1 goal?

Positives:

Tongyik generally very good

Better service to Cahill tonight

Bouzanis looking more confident in goal now although could have been better positioned for Rojas' goal

Less overacting from Brandan, good to see that he's trying to change that aspect of his game

I had a good sausage

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

#JVSOUT!!! Every Bloody year its the same shit. Is JVS to much of a nice guy or are the players just not giving a fuck?! So frustrating.....MV supporters know exactly what theyre going to get out of there team except this year has been a little up and down. But fucked if i ever feel like we have a game in the bag when go to AAMI. I should feel somewhat confident...........:lawl:

Really pissed of right now.

• Like 2