Melbourne Football

RD 2: Away to Canberra 3pm Saturday

Dylan

I reckon this might be our first loss coming up. Canbera have had an extra week to prepare and like Joe was saying in the post match our squad has only had three days together. 

Our forward line looks weak (Where as Canberra probably has the best attack) but apparently we have another striker from the Seattle Reign coming in but she issnt here yet I believe. 

12 hours ago, Dylan said:

I reckon this might be our first loss coming up. Canbera have had an extra week to prepare and like Joe was saying in the post match our squad has only had three days together. 

Our forward line looks weak (Where as Canberra probably has the best attack) but apparently we have another striker from the Seattle Reign coming in but she issnt here yet I believe. 

Largely depends on when they think Larissa Crummer is getting back I imagine.

On 08/11/2016 at 7:54 PM, ecguymer said:

....Canberra has been one of the stronger sides for at least the last few years I've been watching (and are my no 2 team....I am allowed to have a no 2 team, right?)

Me too, I followed them when we didn't have a w-league team. Weaker in defense but a scary strike force, we'll need to find some goals for Sunday.

Wish we'd started preseason earlier, 3 days is ridiculous and definitely showed last week.

Also this match will be televised, FYI.

I actually had to look it up, didn't notice when I first looked at the fixture but there is more than one game being televised this week.

There is an extra reason for Westfield W-League fans to smile this weekend with matches being broadcast on both Saturday and Sunday.

In addition to the usual Sunday afternoon match, Fox Sports and ABCTV will both show a LIVE broadcast of the Westfield W-League on Saturday featuring a potentially epic contest as champions Melbourne City visit Canberra United.

The match will be broadcast at 3pm on Fox Sports 505 and ABC
Read more at http://www.w-league.com.au/article/double-treat-for-tv-viewers/1hygg72s1cs51795lgi9oo4ao#fDyQfbt6fkmp11PX.99

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fidrildid6 said:

Is there a way to watch this on replay, like will it be on iview? got to work this arvo.

I think it should be though I'm not 100% sure.

We looked more cohesive than last week. Good thing Canberra's attack is still sorting themselves out, but I think we deserved the win.

Edited by Kinnibari