KSK_47

The Hall of Shame- What is the worst game Heart/City ever played?

109 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

At least Josh Rosh for all his mistakes publicly accepts responsibility and apologises on Twitter (and hopefully to his team mates).

It doesn't make it any better tho....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingofhearts said:

It doesn't make it any better tho....

No, only its a lot better than 'if we win we win...'

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Young Polak said:

Heart's first finals appearance with a 3-0 loss to perth
 

 

So angry watching this!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

So angry watching this!

I'm still not convinced that the whole ball crossed the whole line for the second one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fidrildid6 said:

I'm still not convinced that the whole ball crossed the whole line for the second one.

I dont think it did either. Which makes me more angry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta be that Newy game where Franny Jeffers scored his only goal in 17 games in the league and we lost 2-0 despite them having 10 men for about 75 minutes. From memory there was about 2,500 people there too on a rainy day. 

Edited by MHFCRC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-3 loss at home to Newcastle was an absolute abomination and probably the worst game I've ever been to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our 3-2  away loss to wellington back in 2012-2013 after being up 2-0 at halftime was one of the most pathetic things I have ever witnessed watching football. As soon as we conceded our first goal i knew we would lose. Up there with our 5-1 loss to wellington after the whole 'city revolution' had me convinced this club was going places. 

not strictly one game, but special mention to our back to back home losses to Adelaide and Sydney back in 2014-2015. fuck me that was a terrible season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MHFCRC said:

Gotta be that Newy game where Franny Jeffers scored his only goal in 17 games in the league and we lost 2-0 despite them having 10 men for about 75 minutes. From memory there was about 2,500 people there too on a rainy day. 

Oh my fucking god! The one where that cunt jumped the fence and celebrated in front of the Yarraside. What a fucking miserable night

58 minutes ago, TJV said:

our 5-1 loss to wellington after the whole 'city revolution' had me convinced this club was going places. 

 

Fucking this! Could be wrong but I recall JVS saying "we are a work in progress" or something to that effect in the post game interview as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dylan said:

God damn heart was shit

All i can say is thank Christ heart had a great fan culture because that is the only thing that kept me here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really both our inaugural seasons as Melbourne heart, and again as City, were just shocking and panned out almost exactly the same limp fashion. Big hype, massive letdown, shit crowds, JVS's monotone post match interviews following drubbings and wins alike, conceding last minute goals and missed opportunities again and again. 

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TJV said:

Really both our inaugural seasons as Melbourne heart, and again as City, were just shocking and panned out almost exactly the same limp fashion. Big hype, massive letdown, shit crowds, JVS's monotone post match interviews following drubbings and wins alike, conceding last minute goals and missed opportunities again and again. 

 

Dont forget one and a half seasons of Aloisi being "unlucky" every week lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a formal poll on this topic. There would be more participants than for MOTM...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to pick out just one , but old the old Heart meltdown just blurred so many together.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly during that Newcastle loss the pitch at AAMI park was looking it's worst since the inception of the club. I'm pretty sure it was that game, after being used by a number of other events and some bad weather it was looking muddy and just glum. So the game felt flat and depressing from the get go. Add on top of that the woeful performance of our team, I can't remember witnessing a more terrible game, atmosphere and effort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if this is an a lowpoint or maybe even cool...

But most memorable moment of MHFC shitness was after getting no game time all Season when I was over in Perth and DMAC come on as a sub and received a yellow in a minute and was sent off in like six minutes.

It was his last time on the pitch for Heart and he actually got released from his contract shortly after before the Season's end to pursue other opportunities.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Oh my fucking god! The one where that cunt jumped the fence and celebrated in front of the Yarraside. What a fucking miserable night

Yeah that's the one. Pretty sure that was the second goal scored by Jesic. Just went back and had a look and they actually got the red card in the 7th minute and scored both goals after it.. could've sworn the red came after the goals (would make more sense) but that was peak Melbourne Heart I reckon. Attendance was 2,754 on a Wednesday night to be exact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MHFCRC said:

Yeah that's the one. Pretty sure that was the second goal scored by Jesic. Just went back and had a look and they actually got the red card in the 7th minute and scored both goals after it.. could've sworn the red came after the goals (would make more sense) but that was peak Melbourne Heart I reckon. Attendance was 2,754 on a Wednesday night to be exact. 

A pretty good summary of "the good old days" lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't  put my finger on a specific match, but visions of Willo hitting Rosette from 6 yards out in numerous matches will always bring me nightmares

how he was on Marquee  wages is beyond me

oh and the Maltese  Messi being caught offside for the 50 th time in  a season

that said , I was present when he scored against Sydney, in Sydney, where Harry missed his penalty that could have won the match , Typical Heart

I was on the flight home with the players that night , not a happy bunch :(

Edited by japiedog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, japiedog said:

 

how he was on Marquee  wages is beyond me

 

FWIW he was our highest paid player that season, but not really on 'marquee wages' as such. Was only on about 350k from memory, still well overs but nevertheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, japiedog said:

can't  put my finger on a specific match, but visions of Willo hitting Rosette from 6 yards out in numerous matches will always bring me nightmares

Hahahahaha :clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone remember how when someone in The Terrace slapped Ramsey in the head after a Rare Win?

He never came up to The Terrace after that... lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised no one's brought up (although it was a meaningless game as our season was pretty much over) the last home game of the 2012-13 season against WSW. The shit weather and performance combined with all the shenanigans in the terrace with the security leading to going to stand in the north end for the latter part of the game.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember a game away to ccm where I'm pretty sure we drew 0-0 up against a very depleted squad, and Michael Mifsud missed a glorious chance by hitting the post. Bruised my hand after hammer fisting my desk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

The shenanigans in the terrace with the security leading to going to stand in the north end for the latter part of the game.

Wasn't that the highlight? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Wasn't that the highlight? 

Channel 7 definitely thought so...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't remember the exact game, more to do with the actions of one JA after the game, but i swear to God the game was a draw against some shit team we should've beat, and after the game JA ran across to the supporters pounding his chest like donkey kong yelling "I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!".

Yeah of course you know how we felt, you were the one putting us through all that bullshit, you dumb cunt!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Can't remember the exact game, more to do with the actions of one JA after the game, but i swear to God the game was a draw against some shit team we should've beat, and after the game JA ran across to the supporters pounding his chest like donkey kong yelling "I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!".

Yeah of course you know how we felt, you were the one putting us through all that bullshit, you dumb cunt!

That was against adelaide i think. Migs scored 2 incedible and almost identical goals. We all went mad because coming back from 2 nil down to draw 2 all was the best thing we had witnessed in what felt like an eternity

Edited by KSK_47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

That was against adelaide i think. Migs scored 2 incedible and almost identical goals. We all went mad because coming back from 2 nil down to draw 2 all was the best thing we had witnessed in what felt like an eternity

It was 3-3. Relive it all here: http://video.news.com.au/v/150371/Melbourne-Hearts-Andrea-Migliorinis-magical-strikes

Those were the real red and white days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

That was against adelaide i think. Migs scored 2 incedible and almost identical goals. We all went mad because coming back from 2 nil down to draw 2 all was the best thing we had witnessed in what felt like an eternity

I believe this was the game that YS protested in the first half.  

I was told that JA was as good as sacked, but the higher ups changed their mind after the game due to the 'fans' reception of JA when he came over and was thumping his chest. Needless to say YS Core were pretty pissed off with how people lapped up his BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, malloy said:

I believe this was the game that YS protested in the first half.  

I was told that JA was as good as sacked, but the higher ups changed their mind after the game due to the 'fans' reception of JA when he came over and was thumping his chest. Needless to say YS Core were pretty pissed off with how people lapped up his BS.

Ffs. When will this club learn that appointing coaches on fans reception instead of their actual ability to manage a football team.

*full disclosure- i was one of the ones who was going nuts that day. I decided to get absolutely shit faced and watch a game instead of shoot for the first time in a long time. I would have cheered virtually anything that day.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It was 3-3. Relive it all here: http://video.news.com.au/v/150371/Melbourne-Hearts-Andrea-Migliorinis-magical-strikes

Those were the real red and white days!

The bloke did absolutely fuck all other than that, but shit they were sweet goals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on schoolies for that game and I remember as soon as we condeded the first goal I just started slamming down the beers. By the end of the game I was running down the street with my shirt off screaming "MIGLIORINI!!!" Great times

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5 November 2016 at 5:52 PM, KSK_47 said:

Heres another one that has left a scar. My first and only away trip. The wife and i took time off work, packed the kids in the car and  had a road trip up to Newcastle. All for this

 

That was my first ever game watching as a heart supporter. It was the start of a long and stressful few years. But I loved every minute of it. (until the end of the 2013-14 season)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

That was against adelaide i think. Migs scored 2 incedible and almost identical goals. We all went mad because coming back from 2 nil down to draw 2 all was the best thing we had witnessed in what felt like an eternity

I can remember that day where everyone was absolutely stoked that we had drawn the game. But I was gutted that we had given up a 3-2 lead with 5 mins to play. Just goes to show the mediocrity which was enshrined into the club

I think the one that hurt a lot at the time for me was 2011-12 round 26 approx. We needed to beat sydney FC at home to get a home final and we blew a lead twice to draw 2-2. 

But I think on the flipside, my favourite ever game was 2-1 round 1 season 2012-13. Total underdogs and aloisi's first game beat Ange in his first game with victory. I felt on top of the word that night and I have not felt that happy at a football match since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst was the first game I took my son to.

Granted he was only 6 months old, but it was the loss to Newcastle at home last year after being 2 nil up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, bumpyknuckles said:

The worst was the first game I took my son to.

Granted he was only 6 months old, but it was the loss to Newcastle at home last year after being 2 nil up.

 

I feel your pain. For the first 2 seasons I took my boy regularly he barracked for whoever we were playing. A couple times when we scored he be on the floor crying. 

Now he's rusted on but has zero confidence in winning before any game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, True Until I die said:

But I think on the flipside,

Speaking of flipsides that JVS Mini Run© Mid second season when we entered the new year in second place... I have not felt that good since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alexxxandro said:

Speaking of flipsides that JVS Mini Run© Mid second season when we entered the new year in second place... I have not felt that good since.

5 Wins in a row!!!! 21 points out of 24. what a time it was to be alive

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, True Until I die said:

People had faith in JVS. what a time it was to be alive

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now