Melbourne Football

The Hall of Shame- What is the worst game Heart/City ever played?

KSK_47

5 hours ago, Alexxxandro said:

Speaking of flipsides that JVS Mini Run© Mid second season when we entered the new year in second place... I have not felt that good since.

2 hours ago, True Until I die said:

5 Wins in a row!!!! 21 points out of 24. what a time it was to be alive

Then Madaschi went back to Italy after his holiday and we went back to JVS original plan of having two kids as CB's, Fred began to hobble more and more and Mate lost his ability to tap in goals and replaced with a shooting ability more similar to his career long of not being able to cross.

In Mate's defence though when he once tried to cross the ball he scored in a derby... LOL.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Then Madaschi went back to Italy after his holiday and we went back to JVS original plan of having two kids as CB's, Fred began to hobble more and more and Mate lost his ability to tap in goals and replaced with a shooting ability more similar to his career long of not being able to cross.

In Mate's defence though when he once tried to cross the ball he scored in a derby... LOL.

IIRC Madaschi  had signed with a Korean side but had to wait until mid Jan for the transfer window to open over there.

So he signed an injury replacement / 10 game guest stint with us to fill the gap.

And by god, what a fucking difference he made. 

Comes to show the value of an injury free, top class centre back in terms of defensive structure.

If only our defensive visas between him and Jakobsen were that good 😢

Not that Madaschi was a visa player of course; more that it's taken us a long time to get our defensive visa players to that level

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 2

On 11/7/2016 at 9:37 AM, MHFCRC said:

Yeah that's the one. Pretty sure that was the second goal scored by Jesic. Just went back and had a look and they actually got the red card in the 7th minute and scored both goals after it.. could've sworn the red came after the goals (would make more sense) but that was peak Melbourne Heart I reckon. Attendance was 2,754 on a Wednesday night to be exact. 

Oh god I remember this! Was standing in Yarraside and that prick jumped the fence and gave it to us. We still talk about this moment to this day with my mates as one of them being the idiot he is threw a coin at him and missed him by not even a metre or two.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, carlings said:

How about Migliorini's 2 goals vs Adelaide though...... then he disappeared forever.  

He's playing in Serie D Group D for AC Delta Rovigo. I thought he was worth persevering with, but of course he would have occupied a visa place in the squad and that killed his chances. Similarly Safuwan.

During the last couple of months of the Aloisi era, I remember going to several home games, where, once it was pretty obvious we weren't going to win, I was hoping for an almighty flogging, just so he couldn't say how unlucky we were and his reign would mercifully end. They didn't even have the decency to do that and tended to keep the scoreline quite close.

I remember we lost about 5-1  (I think we scored the last or second last goal of the game) away to Wellington in the first year of City. That was close to rock bottom for me.

26 minutes ago, SF33 said:

During the last couple of months of the Aloisi era, I remember going to several home games, where, once it was pretty obvious we weren't going to win, I was hoping for an almighty flogging, just so he couldn't say how unlucky we were and his reign would mercifully end. They didn't even have the decency to do that and tended to keep the scoreline quite close.

I remember we lost about 5-1  (I think we scored the last or second last goal of the game) away to Wellington in the first year of City. That was close to rock bottom for me.

I remember PPL thinking with five games to go the mood on here was that we would that we would make the finals in JA's first season... :droy:

1 hour ago, SF33 said:

The most frustrating thing for me during this period and maybe before can't really remember was as soon we reached the last 10 or 15 minutes of a game the intensity and urgency and desperation lifted. Like the players just realized that they could lose another game if they don't do something. Hello try it from the start. Do it at training. Do it in pre match.

I Just wanted to punch someone every week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cadete said:

I remember PPL thinking with five games to go the mood on here was that we would that we would make the finals in JA's first season... :droy:

We were in the 6 still at that stage werent we? And lost our last 5 or something?

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

Yes, that was S3; we lost our last five and finished 9th. The season before (S2) we drew our last four and just hung on to 6th. That one was terrible - in both the home matches we were in front 1-0 (Wellington) and then 2-0 (Sydney) but ended up drawing. Welly and Sydney ended up in 4th and 5th places, but we could so easily have finished 4th that season.

You'd have to say our history shows a significant lack of bottle when it has actually been required.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bt50 said:

We were in the 6 still at that stage werent we? And lost our last 5 or something?

yeah and one of them was in Brisbane, which the Mrs and I went to. lost 2 -0  think, I know that Broich and Franjic scored.

they had an afternoon shower that day, just as play was finishing, I think that 50mm+ rain fell in an hour ( yes called an afternoon shower in Brissie)

4 hours ago, cadete said:

There was also the post aloisi jvs period where people thought we may be in the mix for silverware. Then jvs was given his long term contract and decided that coaching wasnt really for him any more 

Just now, KSK_47 said:

There was also the post aloisi jvs period where people thought we may be in the mix for silverware. Then jvs was given his long term contract and decided that coaching wasnt really for him any more 

Yeah, I remember the Councilor @FB. himself made such predictions... drawing a line through any other names being thrown up on the Forum.

10 minutes ago, cadete said:

Yeah, I remember the Councilor @FB. himself made such predictions... drawing a line through any other names being thrown up on the Forum.

Uh yes. I recall all the "where are the jvs haters now" posts and comments during arguably his finest mini run to date

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This game does not stand out in my memory at all. In fact I completely forgot this game even happened until I happened to stumble upon it on Youtube

But in case anyone who wasnt around for the Heart or Aloisi era and is finding it hard to understand why we are all bitter unforgiving bastards on here, this is a perfect summary of what it was like supporting Heart

17 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

This game does not stand out in my memory at all. In fact I completely forgot this game even happened until I happened to stumble upon it on Youtube

But in case anyone who wasnt around for the Heart or Aloisi era and is finding it hard to understand why we are all bitter unforgiving bastards on here, this is a perfect summary of what it was like supporting Heart

yes, a example of how close we could have been.

1 or 2 of the chances go in during the first half and we win

Mifsud could have scored 4 that day , things could have been different

all in all it summed up Heart, the potential was there, but we shot ourselves in the foot so many times

Edited by japiedog
  • Like 1