Melbourne Football

The Hall of Shame- What is the worst game Heart/City ever played?

KSK_47

Gotta be that Newy game where Franny Jeffers scored his only goal in 17 games in the league and we lost 2-0 despite them having 10 men for about 75 minutes. From memory there was about 2,500 people there too on a rainy day. 

Edited by MHFCRC

Our 3-2  away loss to wellington back in 2012-2013 after being up 2-0 at halftime was one of the most pathetic things I have ever witnessed watching football. As soon as we conceded our first goal i knew we would lose. Up there with our 5-1 loss to wellington after the whole 'city revolution' had me convinced this club was going places. 

not strictly one game, but special mention to our back to back home losses to Adelaide and Sydney back in 2014-2015. fuck me that was a terrible season 

7 hours ago, MHFCRC said:

Gotta be that Newy game where Franny Jeffers scored his only goal in 17 games in the league and we lost 2-0 despite them having 10 men for about 75 minutes. From memory there was about 2,500 people there too on a rainy day. 

Oh my fucking god! The one where that cunt jumped the fence and celebrated in front of the Yarraside. What a fucking miserable night

58 minutes ago, TJV said:

our 5-1 loss to wellington after the whole 'city revolution' had me convinced this club was going places. 

Fucking this! Could be wrong but I recall JVS saying "we are a work in progress" or something to that effect in the post game interview as well

Really both our inaugural seasons as Melbourne heart, and again as City, were just shocking and panned out almost exactly the same limp fashion. Big hype, massive letdown, shit crowds, JVS's monotone post match interviews following drubbings and wins alike, conceding last minute goals and missed opportunities again and again. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TJV said:

Really both our inaugural seasons as Melbourne heart, and again as City, were just shocking and panned out almost exactly the same limp fashion. Big hype, massive letdown, shit crowds, JVS's monotone post match interviews following drubbings and wins alike, conceding last minute goals and missed opportunities again and again. 

Dont forget one and a half seasons of Aloisi being "unlucky" every week lol

If I remember correctly during that Newcastle loss the pitch at AAMI park was looking it's worst since the inception of the club. I'm pretty sure it was that game, after being used by a number of other events and some bad weather it was looking muddy and just glum. So the game felt flat and depressing from the get go. Add on top of that the woeful performance of our team, I can't remember witnessing a more terrible game, atmosphere and effort. 

I dont know if this is an a lowpoint or maybe even cool...

But most memorable moment of MHFC shitness was after getting no game time all Season when I was over in Perth and DMAC come on as a sub and received a yellow in a minute and was sent off in like six minutes.

It was his last time on the pitch for Heart and he actually got released from his contract shortly after before the Season's end to pursue other opportunities.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Oh my fucking god! The one where that cunt jumped the fence and celebrated in front of the Yarraside. What a fucking miserable night

Yeah that's the one. Pretty sure that was the second goal scored by Jesic. Just went back and had a look and they actually got the red card in the 7th minute and scored both goals after it.. could've sworn the red came after the goals (would make more sense) but that was peak Melbourne Heart I reckon. Attendance was 2,754 on a Wednesday night to be exact. 

20 minutes ago, MHFCRC said:

Yeah that's the one. Pretty sure that was the second goal scored by Jesic. Just went back and had a look and they actually got the red card in the 7th minute and scored both goals after it.. could've sworn the red came after the goals (would make more sense) but that was peak Melbourne Heart I reckon. Attendance was 2,754 on a Wednesday night to be exact. 

A pretty good summary of "the good old days" lol

can't  put my finger on a specific match, but visions of Willo hitting Rosette from 6 yards out in numerous matches will always bring me nightmares

how he was on Marquee  wages is beyond me

oh and the Maltese  Messi being caught offside for the 50 th time in  a season

that said , I was present when he scored against Sydney, in Sydney, where Harry missed his penalty that could have won the match , Typical Heart

I was on the flight home with the players that night , not a happy bunch :(

Edited by japiedog

Surprised no one's brought up (although it was a meaningless game as our season was pretty much over) the last home game of the 2012-13 season against WSW. The shit weather and performance combined with all the shenanigans in the terrace with the security leading to going to stand in the north end for the latter part of the game.

• Like 1

Can't remember the exact game, more to do with the actions of one JA after the game, but i swear to God the game was a draw against some shit team we should've beat, and after the game JA ran across to the supporters pounding his chest like donkey kong yelling "I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!".

Yeah of course you know how we felt, you were the one putting us through all that bullshit, you dumb cunt!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Can't remember the exact game, more to do with the actions of one JA after the game, but i swear to God the game was a draw against some shit team we should've beat, and after the game JA ran across to the supporters pounding his chest like donkey kong yelling "I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!".

Yeah of course you know how we felt, you were the one putting us through all that bullshit, you dumb cunt!

That was against adelaide i think. Migs scored 2 incedible and almost identical goals. We all went mad because coming back from 2 nil down to draw 2 all was the best thing we had witnessed in what felt like an eternity

Edited by KSK_47

15 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

That was against adelaide i think. Migs scored 2 incedible and almost identical goals. We all went mad because coming back from 2 nil down to draw 2 all was the best thing we had witnessed in what felt like an eternity

It was 3-3. Relive it all here: http://video.news.com.au/v/150371/Melbourne-Hearts-Andrea-Migliorinis-magical-strikes

Those were the real red and white days!

10 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I believe this was the game that YS protested in the first half.  

I was told that JA was as good as sacked, but the higher ups changed their mind after the game due to the 'fans' reception of JA when he came over and was thumping his chest. Needless to say YS Core were pretty pissed off with how people lapped up his BS.

3 minutes ago, malloy said:

I believe this was the game that YS protested in the first half.  

I was told that JA was as good as sacked, but the higher ups changed their mind after the game due to the 'fans' reception of JA when he came over and was thumping his chest. Needless to say YS Core were pretty pissed off with how people lapped up his BS.

Ffs. When will this club learn that appointing coaches on fans reception instead of their actual ability to manage a football team.

*full disclosure- i was one of the ones who was going nuts that day. I decided to get absolutely shit faced and watch a game instead of shoot for the first time in a long time. I would have cheered virtually anything that day.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It was 3-3. Relive it all here: http://video.news.com.au/v/150371/Melbourne-Hearts-Andrea-Migliorinis-magical-strikes

Those were the real red and white days!

The bloke did absolutely fuck all other than that, but shit they were sweet goals

On 5 November 2016 at 5:52 PM, KSK_47 said:

Heres another one that has left a scar. My first and only away trip. The wife and i took time off work, packed the kids in the car and  had a road trip up to Newcastle. All for this

That was my first ever game watching as a heart supporter. It was the start of a long and stressful few years. But I loved every minute of it. (until the end of the 2013-14 season)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

I can remember that day where everyone was absolutely stoked that we had drawn the game. But I was gutted that we had given up a 3-2 lead with 5 mins to play. Just goes to show the mediocrity which was enshrined into the club

I think the one that hurt a lot at the time for me was 2011-12 round 26 approx. We needed to beat sydney FC at home to get a home final and we blew a lead twice to draw 2-2. 

But I think on the flipside, my favourite ever game was 2-1 round 1 season 2012-13. Total underdogs and aloisi's first game beat Ange in his first game with victory. I felt on top of the word that night and I have not felt that happy at a football match since.

47 minutes ago, bumpyknuckles said:

The worst was the first game I took my son to.

Granted he was only 6 months old, but it was the loss to Newcastle at home last year after being 2 nil up.

I feel your pain. For the first 2 seasons I took my boy regularly he barracked for whoever we were playing. A couple times when we scored he be on the floor crying. 

Now he's rusted on but has zero confidence in winning before any game.