Melbourne Football

Rnd 5 Vs Roar @ Suncorp. Friday 7.50pm

neio

Poor performance all over the park tonight with the exception of Jakobsen. This really was a game to play a back 4 and invite Brisbane to play. Back 3 meant that We had to start Retre whereas we would have been better starting with Caceras

Positives:

Franjic replacing Rose

Negatives:

a poor game from everyone. Passing and movement on and off the ball were poor. Not one shot on target for the match.

Plan B is Plan A, JVS clueless and out coached by Ross Aloisi

Bambi's smirk

Cahill a wasted signing with such poor service

Bouzanis positioning poor although his shot stopping was good

Hopefully Colazo is back soon, Kamau is less effective without him

Edited by belaguttman

Pretty much as expected. An inept coach who makes the same mistakes over and over again, and to think that we are paying this mob something like twice as much as the next highest-paid squad - well, it's just not good enough. And we bother to look for answers to our low attendances?  We're nothing more than a mid-table side.

Every match like this stiffens my resolve to vote with my feet next season and go down to from Premium A to Category C membership. I've just been disappointed too many times.

21 minutes ago, strider said:

Strider's "3 things":

1. Rose has to fucking go. Dumbest cunt, pretender

2. Kamau is a fucking passenger. Good when team is firing, shit when we're not. Bring back Novillo (and Velaphi)

3. Pray for a team of Jakobsens 

Kamau is ok, our midfield wasn't present to give him balls to run onto

Aloisi learnt from Perth, to stifle our midfield play ,in the end (like as with Perth) we abandoned it, we need more technical players in the middle, Caceras should be starting for me and another, Kilkenny and Brattan are the same player.

we miss Mooy

Any shots on target?

52 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Pretty much as expected. An inept coach who makes the same mistakes over and over again, and to think that we are paying this mob something like twice as much as the next highest-paid squad - well, it's just not good enough. And we bother to look for answers to our low attendances?  We're nothing more than a mid-table side.

Every match like this stiffens my resolve to vote with my feet next season and go down to from Premium A to Category C membership. I've just been disappointed too many times.

You'll be back...they always come back

Retre is disgusting and should never even be close to starting for us, he wouldn't start at any other A league club, he gifts possesion away, cant keep it and any time he does hes so limited he turns and plays backwards, at least when AC came on for him he was able to beat a bat and drive forward, and took the ball and his touch took him to the goals.

Retre just isn't up to it and was a major reason as to why we lacked the ability to play tonight he broke everything down

2 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

Retre is disgusting and should never even be close to starting for us, he wouldn't start at any other A league club, he gifts possesion away, cant keep it and any time he does hes so limited he turns and plays backwards, at least when AC came on for him he was able to beat a bat and drive forward, and took the ball and his touch took him to the goals.

Retre just isn't up to it and was a major reason as to why we lacked the ability to play tonight he broke everything down

He wasn't the only one who underperformed. What I don't get is why he was needed at all in the starting eleven. 

• Like 1

My view on the shamozzle , that you don't have to be a genius to work out how to beat this one dimensional game plan.

Defend deep to cut out the space and man mark the flanks to force the turn over. All fkn night the same thing.

Attack on the counter exposing the 2 defenders and spread the approaching defenders to create even more space.

So the bad decisions 

Retre in front of Caceres

3 back defending defending forward 3

1 CB and 2 full backs trying to play CB and Wingback roles.

Having out best GK and defensive leader on the bench.

No set piece organisation to threaten the net where basically we couldn't deliver the ball to the top of the 6 yard box, this is unacceptable for a professional team.

Lastly, what's the fkn go with the laughing and giggling and high fiving the opposition players? I don't give a crap whether you know them or not, when you are out on that pitch they are your fkn enemy, the only brothers you have are you team mates and supporters, cut that shit out and hate your opposition for 90 minutes. WTF.

Fk I am so pissed off with the lot of them.

We need to park the bus for 5 weeks to teach this team how to defend, build up play and play solid, organised and balanced football.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, playmaker said:

My view on the shamozzle , that you don't have to be a genius to work out how to beat this one dimensional game plan.

Defend deep to cut out the space and man mark the flanks to force the turn over. All fkn night the same thing.

Attack on the counter exposing the 2 defenders and spread the approaching defenders to create even more space.

So the bad decisions 

Retre in front of Caceres

3 back defending defending forward 3

1 CB and 2 full backs trying to play CB and Wingback roles.

Having out best GK and defensive leader on the bench.

No set piece organisation to threaten the net where basically we couldn't deliver the ball to the top of the 6 yard box, this is unacceptable for a professional team.

Lastly, what's the fkn go with the laughing and giggling and high fiving the opposition players? I don't give a crap whether you know them or not, when you are out on that pitch they are your fkn enemy, the only brothers you have are you team mates and supporters, cut that shit out and hate your opposition for 90 minutes. WTF.

Fk I am so pissed off with the lot of them.

We need to park the bus for 5 weeks to teach this team how to defend, build up play and play solid, organised and balanced football.

That is not at all how I saw it, they let us play on the wings and pressed aggressively on our centre mids, but I agree about when they attacked.

Agree that our set peices have been horrible.

Nothing wrong with a back 3 when done right.

'1 CB and 2 full backs trying to play CB and Wingback roles.' - this.

Had a tough week at the office so I wasn't planning to watch it live but recorded it instead. However I dropped in on my brother and watched from about the 23 minute mark till half time. All I saw were blatant fouls against City and the ref just waving play on. On that basis I did not expect to claw back the goal. Reading the comments here, I won't bother watching the game. But seriously, somebody ought to take to task whomever is training the referees.

Just now, NewConvert said:

Had a tough week at the office so I wasn't planning to watch it live but recorded it instead. However I dropped in on my brother and watched from about the 23 minute mark till half time. All I saw were blatant fouls against City and the ref just waving play on. On that basis I did not expect to claw back the goal. Reading the comments here, I won't bother watching the game. But seriously, somebody ought to take to task whomever is training the referees.

We caused that type of reffing from our previous performances, Lowe, Muscat and Bambi have all come out in the last few weeks saying how we are to soft and the referees need to open their etc. etc. So particularly after Kilkenny's Broadway performance last week, we will constantly see this happen over the next couple of matches.