Melbourne Football

Rnd 5 Vs Roar @ Suncorp. Friday 7.50pm

neio

Aloisi playing with the biggest anti-football gameplan I've ever seen, and it's fucking working. 

Bouzanis and Rose have been putrid, and Peter Green has done nothing to protect our players (probs thanks to Kilkenny's performance last weekend). Brattan the only real standout so far, whilst Bruno has tried.

4 minutes ago, Fredinho69 said:

God I hope JVS is creaming his head off in that dressing room. What a lazy half. Fuck Aloisi too. Complains that we play anti-football and then dishes that shit up. Go and fuck yourself you hack of a cunt

He doesn't cream. Nor scream. That's the problem. 

Retre and Rose missing important passes. Cahill and Fornaroli is a problem that needs solving. And this ref is a right moron.

Back to the game chaps.

• Like 1

I don't blame Glory, Roar, or any other team set up to outwit JVS' defensive setup.

Simple recipe against City:

1) Let City have possession, jam up the mid, tackle/foul to break up their playmakers transitioning in the front third

2) watch for the moment their backs (particularly Rose) are out of position or up too far. 

3) Hit on the counter with pace.

4) Repeat

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cloughie said:

I don't blame Glory, Roar, or any other team set up to outwit JVS' defensive setup.

Simple recipe against City:

1) Let City have possession, jam up the mid, tackle/foul to break up their playmakers transitioning in the front third

2) watch for the moment their backs (particularly Rose) are out of position or up too far. 

3) Hit on the counter with pace.

4) Repeat

And everyone's going to do that against us. It's so simple. And van 't Schip either can't or won't do anything about it. Why CFG are persisting with him is now beyond my comprehension. I can't see how it helps "the brand" at all.
And some other points. Retre should not be a starter when Caceresis on the bench - again, down to JvS. Three at the back - JvS. But Cahill was a signing to appease the League - we didn't need him and don't need him. He's being used by CFG to get concessions out of the league.

TBH I didn't really expect much tonight, but there's still time I suppose.

7 minutes ago, dr lime said:

Kamau and Brandan have not gone past their wide defenders even once yet. That's the only way you can get around the bus. We need to skin someone occasionally otherwise it's just pass pass pass to no effect. 

Well we could play 1 touch football, but JVS seems to like his teams to take lots of touches. Sigh.