We're taking anti football back to Suncorp to piss off John 

Team I would play

Bouzanis  Sorenson

Franjic  Muscat  Chapman Jakobsen Malik Rose

Tongyik.     Kilkenny.     Retre

You forgot to add the bus driver!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, morphine said:

Doubt we'll roll them but gee we need to  win to stay in touch with Sydney the way they're going. 

Really? Im very confident. Roar have been putrid so far, very lucky to even have a point let alone four.

Sydney and Perth def the competing teams with us for the title, but Sydney have played WSW, Welly, Newy and CCM of which you'd think at least three of those will miss the six. Wait and see how they go against some of the better sides.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

Really? Im very confident. Roar have been putrid so far, very lucky to even have a point let alone four.

Sydney and Perth def the competing teams with us for the title, but Sydney have played WSW, Welly, Newy and CCM of which you'd think at least three of those will miss the six. Wait and see how they go against some of the better sides.

Brisbane looking pretty good so far this arvo.

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

hope we score early then park the bus and grind out a 1-0 win with only 1 shot

Hopefully we have 99% possession with our 2 CBs passing the ball between themselves for most of the game. I'd play Brandan as a number 9 and make sure that he has the occasional long ball is launched at him but about 1m above his head. I'd ask him to make sure that he was off-side anyway.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Think so.

Just get ready for another conspiracy theory about how Cahill omission is orchestrated by us.

Recently saw an Instagram photo of him in one of those recovery boots. I think he pulled up quite sore after last weeks game and would be surprised if he's even playing this Friday let alone got selected for the squad. 

Edited by n i k o

On 31/10/2016 at 7:20 AM, mjake1234 said:

Glory beat us. Roar beat Glory. Not looking good.

But if Roar lost to Jets 4-0, and Jets lost to Sydney 2-0, but Jets drew with Wanderers, and Wanderers drew with Mariners, but Mariners lost to Sydney 4-0 and drew with Perth, and Perth beat us but lost to Brisbane 2-1, and Brisbane drew with Victory, but we beat Victory 4-1...doesn't that mean that this type of logic is flawed?

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Recently saw an Instagram photo of him in one of those recovery boots. I think he pulled up quite sore after last weeks game and would be surprised if he's even playing this Friday let alone got selected for the squad. 

No room for logic, fact or common sense when talking conspiracies. 

Stay woke.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mandangalo said:

First trip up to Suncorp. Anyone else making the trek up?

I am a Brisbane local (originally from Melbourne) and have been to our last few games up here. Suncorp is decent enough viewing (besides the colours), Caxton St which is next to the ground has some good pubs & bars too for pre/post game. Enjoy. 

Melbourne City FC: 1. Thomas Sorensen (GK), 2. Manny Muscat, 3. Josh Rose, 4. Connor Chapman, 5. Ivan Franjic, 6. Osama Malik, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 10. Anthony Caceres, 11. Bruce Kamau, 12. Nick Fitzgerald, 17. Tim Cahill, 18. Paulo Retre, 20. Dean Bouzanis (GK), 23. Bruno Fornaroli (C), 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Fernando Brandan, 35. Christian Cavallo

Ins: 5. Ivan Franjic (promoted), 17. Tim Cahill (returns from injury - achilles), 22. Michael Jakobsen (returns from injury - soreness)

Outs: 21. Ruon Tongyik (omitted)

Unavailable: 7. Corey Gameiro (ACL - season), 28. Steve Kuzmanovski (ACL - season)

7 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Melbourne City FC: 1. Thomas Sorensen (GK), 2. Manny Muscat, 3. Josh Rose, 4. Connor Chapman, 5. Ivan Franjic, 6. Osama Malik, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 10. Anthony Caceres, 11. Bruce Kamau, 12. Nick Fitzgerald, 17. Tim Cahill, 18. Paulo Retre, 20. Dean Bouzanis (GK), 23. Bruno Fornaroli (C), 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Fernando Brandan, 35. Christian Cavallo

Ins: 5. Ivan Franjic (promoted), 17. Tim Cahill (returns from injury - achilles), 22. Michael Jakobsen (returns from injury - soreness)

Unavailable: 7. Corey Gameiro (ACL - season), 28. Steve Kuzmanovski (ACL - season)

That is a serious squad. 16 bona-fide A League or better quality players. No disrespect to Cavallo. Great to see Franjic back in the squad. Roar are no spuds but we should be looking at this game as win. A draw wouldn't be dissapointing but I'm genuinely confident of all 3 points.

15 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

I tend to think Timmy will come off the bench for this one, although a start wouldnt surprise either. If so, he replaces Malik in the 11 and swaps roles with Caceres. Think Chapman is prob in the mix for a start as well but whoever misses out of the Rose/Muscat/Chapman combo misses out completely.

Bouzanis

Muscat Jakobsen Rose

Brattan    Malik   Kilkenny

Caceres

Kamau Fornaroli Brandan

SUBS : Sorensen Cahill Franjic Fitzy Retre

Brisbane were good last week but had a solid 25 where they were utter dogshit in the second half. Dont rate their defence that highly and if the last time we played them is anything to go by we'll tie Brown and Hingert in knots. I think we have them covered man for man but Brissy isnt the easiest of away trips either. City 2-1 for me.

Edited by bt50

2 hours ago, bumpyknuckles said:

Aloisi sooking already, trying the mind games ahead of tomorrow.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/03/brisbane-roar-coach-john-aloisi-wants-action-on-diving-in-a-league

I'd like to pre emptive bans on whinging managers.

Mr Anti-football is having anti-football nightmares.

Edited by playmaker