Melbourne Football

Suggest a suitable punishment for Muscat

TheStig

Hi all

As you would be aware Muscat has been cited by the FFA for his post-match comments.

Assuming he is found guilty, what would be an appropriate punishment for his indiscretion? A fine? Banned from coaching for a couple of weeks? Submit your ideas.

My suggestion is that as part of any punishment Muscat should be forced to apologise to Timmy and also admit that Bratten's goal was not offside (all on camera).

cheers Peter

Edited by jw1739
Tautology removed from original title.

KM should have been banned from football for life after his deliberate and disgusting assault on Adrian Zahra. Minor punishments for anything that's happened after that will have no effect on the man. FFA talks about "suitability" for this and that, but baulked at taking appropriate action on a man who repeatedly stains the game's image.

If five years is the punishment handed out to a spectator, then put Muscat on a final warning of a ban for involvement with the game in any capacity for five years. No-one is above the game itself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

KM should have been banned from football for life after his deliberate and disgusting assault on Adrian Zahra. 

Exactly this. It was a cowardly assult. 

I am also still pissed off about him pushing our wall over for their second goal too.

The guy is a total grub

5 minutes ago, pberrett said:

I note that Lowe has gotten 2 weeks garden8ng leave as a result of his recent indiscretions. 

Consistency would demand that Muscat get a similar penalty.

Consistancy has nothing to do with this one : theyre completely different offences. Realistically a fine would be appropriate for Muscunt.

How about being forced to buy Yoshi a Melbourne City top?

8 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Exactly this. It was a cowardly assult. 

I am also still pissed off about him pushing our wall over for their second goal too.

The guy is a total grub

Admittedly he did redeem himself a little when he pushed Kossie over. That could be described as a public service.

18 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Manager for life at Victory looks like a fairly good punishment from here.

This year's Christmas derby will be punishment enough for Muscat and all at Victory. Made all the better if Shaun Evans officiates. 

Edited by pberrett

• 4 years later...