Melbourne Football

THE FINAL! Wednesday 30 November 7:30pm

Dylan

14 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Just got a response from the MCG that no official request was made by the 'event organisers' to open the MCG carpark for this game.

If true, this is a massive oversight and failing by the FFA and the club ...

For those rushing home from work and then trying to get into the game on time, driving is the best option.

I expect that many punters will assume they can just drive in and park at the 'G', and with a large crowd expected its going to congest the precinct and cause drama for those caught unaware.  

You'd think there'd be an "event checklist." Then again, it is FFA we're talking about. They all get car parks at AAMI, so why would they think of the plebs?

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

Just got a response from the MCG that no official request was made by the 'event organisers' to open the MCG carpark for this game.

If true, this is a massive oversight and failing by the FFA and the club ...

For those rushing home from work and then trying to get into the game on time, driving is the best option.

I expect that many punters will assume they can just drive in and park at the 'G', and with a large crowd expected its going to congest the precinct and cause drama for those caught unaware.  

i disagree with that best option is to drive, i tried it on the semi final and spent nearly two hours sitting in traffic in Hoddle St . We left home at 6.00pm arrived at the stadium at 8.40 completely missed the first half. We usualy take about 45 mins to get to AAMI park.

Edited by johnno cpfc
Addition.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Will be unlucky if we don't break the 20,000. I'll guess that the corporates and no-shows will roughly cancel each other out. In a few years time this will be the regular home attendance...

Not sure if you've noticed but our corporate areas are pumping every game. They've been the one consistent no matter how many people turn up.

Edited by n i k o

Just now, JC22 said:

I genuinely don't know how we've managed to get a bigger crowd than Victory last year, even with the Sydney/Perth factor.

It's bloody great.

Lets hope we do lets hope everybody rocks up. In terms of last year I'm pretty sure ticket prices were a bit more expensive also. Nevertheless I'm hoping we can pull over 20k tonight

According to Davutovic's twitter our line up is

Franjic            Jackonbsen         Colazo

Malik

Brattan                 Kilkenny

Cahill

Kamau                   Tuna                    Brandan

Obviously the back three is worrying although Sydney dont have alot of width which is usually the archilies heel for our back three. Hopefully the extra man in mid allows Timmy to effectively play as a second striker. 

7 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Loved every bit of the night until we let off the 100% sky blue confetti. I know I will get canned for it, but it put a dampener on the night for me. 

Reckon whoever bought it only wanted to buy one lot and use it whoever won...  Wleague gf had a mix of colours.