Melbourne Football

THE FINAL! Wednesday 30 November 7:30pm

Dylan

24 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

Simon Hill said 13,000 tickets today on SEN.
I'm not convinced with PAX as a true counter it always seems more than what it actually is so I'd say Simon hill would be closer to being in the know and I'm expecting 15k.

That conflicts with the 13,818 given a week or so ago.

2 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

Simon Hill said 13,000 tickets today on SEN.
I'm not convinced with PAX as a true counter it always seems more than what it actually is so I'd say Simon hill would be closer to being in the know and I'm expecting 15k.

PAX is unreliable for usual league games but finals + once-offs like Wednesday night mean it's usually spot on. If there was a 17,800 PAX reported this afternoon, almost certain those amount of seats have been sold.

5 hours ago, perthheart said:

Anyone know if there's a way around the bullshit 1 ticket per customer for the premium C tickets which is essentially the city end? 

Taking a bunch of lads from work and like fuck I want to sit in GA and watch the smurfs celebrate turning us over.

I think thats cos most of the reserved seats on the bottom level have sold out.

Will JVS be able to win silverware with the most expensive squad in Aleague history?

Im also a little weary of the FFA cup curse.

In other news the people over at the Sydney forums are extremely confident and ironically complaining about FFA conspiracy theories

Edited by Dylan

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The PAX is obviously going to be spot on. plebs.

Someone please tell me why the PAX number could not, in fact, be the precise number of tickets sold? FMD, what's the point of being coy about how many tickets have been sold and how many people actually turn up? Everyone knows there are no-shows, corporates and freebies, but so what? I also don't understand why Ticketek can't show a plan of each section of the stadium showing what seats are still vacant and what seats are sold. I can't stand this "best available" thing - why can't I choose the seats I prefer? When I buy on-line for a concert or a show I can choose just where I want to sit, so why not at AAMI? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Someone please tell me why the PAX number could not, in fact, be the precise number of tickets sold? FMD, what's the point of being coy about how many tickets have been sold and how many people actually turn up? Everyone knows there are no-shows, corporates and freebies, but so what? I also don't understand why Ticketek can't show a plan of each section of the stadium showing what seats are still vacant and what seats are sold. I can't stand this "best available" thing - why can't I choose the seats I prefer? When I buy on-line for a concert or a show I can choose just where I want to sit, so why not at AAMI? 

Relax @jw1739 it's only PAX.

1 hour ago, Deeming said:

One difference with PAX is if people attend. Some don't bother turning up.
One reason I bought 2 x family tickets. Gets 2 adults and 2 kids in for the price of 2 adults really. We've only got 3 kids coming, so we will have one kids ticket that won't get used.

But IMO that doesn't matter. Those gaps are called no-shows, and if there are a lot of them for the same reason as you then FFA needs a more flexible pricing system to accommodate different sized families.
I just get fed up with all the speculation on how many tickets have been sold, and I just can't see any valid reason for suppressing that information.
IMO ticketing is an area where so many improvements could, and need, to be made. It's not rocket science.

7 minutes ago, Deeming said:

I have 10 people coming (including me who's not signed up as a member this year).
I just hope they don't ask me what colour to wear to the game...

Red. There was quite a lot of red showing in the crowd for the Welly match.

10 hours ago, perthheart said:

Anyone know if there's a way around the bullshit 1 ticket per customer for the premium C tickets which is essentially the city end? 

Taking a bunch of lads from work and like fuck I want to sit in GA and watch the smurfs celebrate turning us over.

There's only single tickets left in the Yarra End because, you know, it's almost sold out.

Know it's hard to believe but there's actually going to be a large crowd at this game.

http://outside90.com/ffa-cup-final-attendance-record-to-be-broken/
FFA Cup Final attendance record to be broken

By
 Chris Hearn
 -
 November 29, 2016 

617922952.jpg

The FFA Cup attendance record is set to be smashed, with ticket sales skyrocketing in the last fortnight for Wednesday night’s clash at AAMI Park.

According to a source, 17,582 tickets were sold as of 9am this morning (November 29), which suggests the crowd figure could eclipse the 20,000 barrier. On November 17, Outside90 reported that the number of tickets sold through Ticketek stood at 12,817 at that point in time.

With Sydney FC and Melbourne City the form sides in A-League, the surge in ticket sales come as little surprise.

Sydney FC remain top despite the 0-0 draw against Adelaide United on Saturday night, with Melbourne City closing in after a 2-1 victory over Wellington Phoenix on Sunday.

The current attendance record stands at 16,124, as Adelaide United claimed the inaugural FFA Cup after defeating Perth Glory 1-0 at Coopers Stadium in 2014.