Melbourne Football

The forgotten round. City v Adelaide Friday 7:50pm

MHFC-FAN

25 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Heard on the radio last week that ticket sales were much better for this one than the friday just gone.

Tbh the GA section was fairly reasonable on Friday night, it was the members that didn't turn up.

There were huge gaps all around the ground. And I'm always hearing that ticket sales are this or that and yet when the day arrives the attendance is as woeful as usual. TBH I think it's all just part of the hype.

Like the "announcer." It's actually quite amusing to hear him week after week trying to get a response out of a bank of empty seats.

59 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Heard on the radio last week that ticket sales were much better for this one than the friday just gone.

Tbh the GA section was fairly reasonable on Friday night, it was the members that didn't turn up.

it's possible that some of the "missing" members where in the GA area with friends they brought using the guest passes we got this year....or at least, that's where I was....

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

There were huge gaps all around the ground. And I'm always hearing that ticket sales are this or that and yet when the day arrives the attendance is as woeful as usual. TBH I think it's all just part of the hype.

Like the "announcer." It's actually quite amusing to hear him week after week trying to get a response out of a bank of empty seats.

mate the crowd was shit this week because it rained for eight hours prior to the game. We have 11k members, let's see what we get with good weather on friday.

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Unlucky? Aloisi unlucky or genuinely unlucky.

Well he had a certain goal saved by Thomas which will probably be in top 5 saves for the year,  then he hit the upright right before Rojas scored winner

He is one we most definitely have to watch on Friday night 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Speak for yourself. I still want to kick holes in the wall whenever i think about that game against the jets.

Which one? Last season, or the nadir of our existence when we lost 0-2 to Newcastle who were down to 10 men for almost the entire match. It was wet that night also IIRC.
Perhaps there should be a thread on "Our worst-ever matches", where grown men and women can go to cry.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Which one? Last season, or the nadir of our existence when we lost 0-2 to Newcastle who were down to 10 men for almost the entire match. It was wet that night also IIRC.
Perhaps there should be a thread on "Our worst-ever matches", where grown men and women can go to cry.

I was referring to last season. But there are many other games i will never forget or forgive. Last season vs perth in the ffa cup for example

57 minutes ago, Dylan said:

need to let JVS go

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Or that game against CCM where they kicked what was it, 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to draw with us?

Boy have we had some shockers

Was that the game at AAMI Park where we had 4,000 shots and Mat Ryan became the greatest goalkeeper of all time for a night? I don't think I've ever left a game so angry

1 hour ago, neio said:

I'm pretty sure that ccm game was when they had a free kick and melling blocked it inside 10 metre zone,  and they got another one but 8 metres closer and then trifiro scored from it 

And then Hutchinson scored in the 94th minute for the equalizer. But I'm sure JvS would have said afterwards that we took some positives out of it all...

Another 94th minute equalizer was Robbie Fowler's penalty for Perth in our second home match in S1. Nicky Carle's 88th minute goal for Sydney was our last home match for that season.

And people sometimes criticise us for being negative on here? Jeez, we've put up with some shockers over the seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

And then Hutchinson scored in the 94th minute for the equalizer. But I'm sure JvS would have said afterwards that we took some positives out of it all...

Another 94th minute equalizer was Robbie Fowler's penalty for Perth in our second home match in S1. Nicky Carle's 88th minute goal for Sydney was our last home match for that season.

And people sometimes criticise us for being negative on here? Jeez, we've put up with some shockers over the seasons.

Every team has some shockers. No ones void of that. We just haven't experienced the opposite end of the spectrum enough times. 

2 hours ago, Baka1 said:

when nicky carle scored for Sydney in extra time to draw 1-1 or 2-2 I think at home. Ahhh the Heart days. Going to the game talking about how much we're going to lose by not win by 😊

It was 2 - 2 and he handballed just before shooting. Last game of the season.

The way I see it Bouzanis has taken the no 1 spot and it will take a few more massive cock ups to change.  The main reasoning for this opinion is the way we are setting up at the moment. With Kilkenny playing that CB/Midfield role and therefore only having 3 recognized defenders we are using Bouzanis as the sweeper/keeper. 

Bouzanis is superior in distribution and is quicker across the ground but as a keeper is pretty average. 

Definitely see a few more goals over the top from distance. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SF33 said:

Need to reverse the trend of putting in a stinker following a derby. Although, that's probably just a by-product of the City cycle of having some good results, getting ahead of ourselves and coming back down to earth with an almighty thud shortly after.

If I was a player in the team I'd already be thinking that we dropped the ball after the last derby win by losing to Perth. I'd be pretty determined to make amends for that by getting on top of Adelaide in the first half and putting the game beyond doubt. And knowing we have a full week to recover after this game I wouldn't be worried about throwing everything into making this happen. 

So I fully expect the team to come out firing. 

• Like 1