Melbourne Football

Punk Rock/New Wave/Mod Revival.

Hendo

Rofl, f*ck off Hackett.

You've been listening to this sort of music for a month tops, no need to pay out on me rofl, people need to start somewhere you f*cking wanker.

Nyahmad.

Ive been listening to "this sort of music" for a lot longer than month.

Not when all you did was listen to trance & ask me for new trace daily, also find it funny how you've started wearing Joy Division t-shirts in the past month only.

Calm myself? Rofl, I think it's you who needs to calm down in another situation which I won't go into.

Not replying as this is spam, but go f*ck yourself you cockhead.

Steady on lads.

lovers tiff, fark.

No need to start making it personal dutch, I know you both love each other very much, hug it out. Jason Hoffman is the man that all this energy should be channeled to, he has continually conned the management/scouts in this country, but not anymore. For 5 years I have waited for this moment, I thought I was alone, but the educated and culturally supreme terrace will no longer stand for such half hearted displays, the wheels are in Motion.

Sack Hoff.

Now back to the music.

Dutch, youtube ''Clan of Xymox''

Amsterdam bred and born. 80's.

• 1 month later...

TVPs is amazing.

I met Dan Tracey at All Tomorrow's Parties back in 2009.

Tried to talk to him but the music was so loud (My Bloody Valentine was playing)

Poor Dan is now recovering from a stroke. Not sure if he can play life ever again.

Edited by Toby

Hit edit on your post and re c&p the url links i'm assuming you had in there to post a video. I'm totally curious.

Any way:

Total guilty pleasure. Felt fitting.

good song... many good covers of it around also...

and i also love the literal version... few laughs...

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot beleive certain bands have not been mentioned!!

The Pixies - Too many great songs to single out.

Bauhause - Bela lugosi is dead, did a lot of Mark Bolan remakes.

Janes addiction - Three day's, possibly the best song ever made.

• 1 month later...

Pavement are far more lo-fi indie rock scene than 90's west coast punk sounding imo.

More Sebadoh/Pixies sounding than what followed the black flag, circle Jerks etc era. Pennywise, Guttermouth, Epitaph/fatwreck type bands.

Lame shit genre argument aside, Pavement fit right in under the 'good music' genre no doubt.

Was lucky enough to catch them in 96 or 97 at The Forum, fantastic gig.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wasnt too sure if that post quite belonged in this thread. I am far from an authority on this genre. My friend of mine made me a mix tape (back when mix tapes were actually tapes) and this was on it. She described the genre as "skate punk" and I can certainly hear some elements of punk in there, so I figure I would stretch things a bit to give this thread some love.