Melbourne Football

RD 3| V Perth @ AAMI Friday 21st Oct 7:50 pm

Dylan

30 minutes ago, JC22 said:

I'm fucking confused.

Are they considering opening the top tier for the Perth game?

I think I have derailed this thread. Friday night vs Perth will be I'm assuming like any other game last season although if we get most members plus alot of walk ups and we get somewhere near 14 to 15k they will open up top and it will GA just like what happened to the Villa games a few seasons back. Now will that happen it's a possibility. I reackon we will get 12 to 13k but will depend heaps on how much rain is about when school/work  finishes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Taggart looks set to miss this game as his calf hasn't responded to treatment and is still 4-5 days away according to Kenny Lowe on some radio station in Perth 

If he doesn't play, we just need to put Castro out of the game and I'm confident we can win this easily. I don't rate Keogh, Jakobsen will have him in his back pocket.

23 minutes ago, haz said:

If he doesn't play, we just need to put Castro out of the game and I'm confident we can win this easily. I don't rate Keogh, Jakobsen will have him in his back pocket.

Keogh will have to try his usual trick of throwing himself to the ground.  We have to hope for a ref who is wise to this stuff.  I hope one day to see a player sent off for simulation.

• Like 2

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 9.Nicolas COLAZO, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE,  20.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Fernando BRANDAN

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk) (returns from suspension), 18.Paulo RETRE, 21.Ruon TONGYIK (promoted)

Outs: 40.Yaren SOZER (gk) (omitted)

Unavailable: 7.Corey GAMEIRO (ACL – season), 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (international duty)

Perth Glory squad: 2.Alex GRANT, 3.Marc WARREN, 5.Rhys WILLIAMS, 6.Dino DJULBIC, 7.Joel CHIANESE, 8.Rostyn GRIFFITHS (c), 9.Andy KEOGH, 10.Nebojsa MARINKOVIC, 13.Nicholas FEELY (gk), 14.Chris HAROLD, 15.Brandon WILSON, 16.Joe MILLS, 17.Diego CASTRO, 18.Mitch OXBORROW, 19.Josh RISDON, 21.Jamal REINERS, 24.Milan SMILJANIC, 33.Liam REDDY (gk) 

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 18.Mitch OXBORROW (promoted), 21.Jamal REINERS (promoted)

Think we'll go with this, assuming Colazo is fit;

Sorensen

Muscat            Jakobsen      Rose

Kilkenny         Brattan             Cahill        Colazo

Kamau                       Fornaroli                Brandan

Bouzanis Caceres Malik Chapman Fitzgerald

Caceres for Colazo if he doesn't come up with Retre to make the bench in his place. Also wouldnt surprise if Malik comes in for Muscat or Rose purely to combat the Perth height from set pieces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neio said:

Crowd may not be as big as expected, going to bucket down rain tomorrow afternoon 

IIRC in S1 and S2 you needed only to look at the fixture to see when Heart were at home and then you knew when it would rain. How can we forget the drenching we got when we played CCM and the match kicked off two hours late? I was soaked just getting from Richmond Station to the ground and all the trains were out after the match - my mate got home to Seaford about 2.30 in the morning.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC in S1 and S2 you needed only to look at the fixture to see when Heart were at home and then you knew when it would rain. How can we forget the drenching we got when we played CCM and the match kicked off two hours late? I was soaked just getting from Richmond Station to the ground and all the trains were out after the match - my mate got home to Seaford about 2.30 in the morning.

That was one of the most stupid things I did that year - driving to the game. As the car climbed up the West Gate, the water was so thick that no one could see the white lines indicating the lanes, the traffic slowed down a bit trying to work out where we were. However it was amazing how quickly the pitch drained afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Then you might struggle to make it tomorrow. The forecast gets worse each time I look at the BoM web-site.

Won't be my call. See what the kids say. If they want to risk it then were going.  I reackon we are more likely than not. It's only rain.

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Should clear up by game time. Despite the wind, I have noticed it's quite humid outside!

Yeah it is a bit.

For me its about the wind and not the rain. Taking my little one and if its windy as fuck and raining, i cant take him.

Really hope it changes though. He's been wearing city only shirts and jumpers all week . He's only 3, but he knows where im going when i walk out of the house with my city kit n scarf and he would be shattered.

1 minute ago, [LIBBA] said:

Yeah it is a bit.

For me its about the wind and not the rain. Taking my little one and if its windy as fuck and raining, i cant take him.

Really hope it changes though. He's been wearing city only shirts and jumpers all week . He's only 3, but he knows where im going when i walk out of the house with my city kit n scarf and he would be shattered.

Lets hope for the little ones sake it clears up. I'm taking my nephew and niece and promised them they will give out chips and toys at the game and now they are super keen.

Just now, Tony999 said:

Lets hope for the little ones sake it clears up. I'm taking my nephew and niece and promised them they will give out chips and toys at the game and now they are super keen.

Are they actually giving out chips and toys or is that you because now i'm even more keen lol

Just now, [LIBBA] said:

Im full retard and dont understand weather maps.

I'm guessing that bad yeah

Well it seems like that red in the top left is probably going to hit Melbourne in the evening. Thats bad. But it comes with your free choice of topping. Thats good

• Like 1

Just now, hyperfuzz said:

you don't need to be Jane Bunn to know that shit will be gone before the arvo

but there'll be more coming

For me, its more about the wind. I dont mind if its goes nuts during the game as AAMI Park is pretty good from keeping the shit weather away when under cover.